• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Nov 30-Dec 6, 2009

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Cosmonaut X said:
Not necessarily. It would mean it sold 60% of its first week on the first day which, while at the outer edge of the range that recent Tales games seem to exhibit, isn't unprecedented. Wait and see, but I wouldn't be surprised if it managed approx. 190k for the week.

It would be on line with the Versus percentage, true..but I just find it very surprising Graces would meet that ratio after KoR. We'll see!

duckroll

enishi said:
I quoted from neo's post in another forum. It should be from 2ch leak numbers.

I find it questionable because aside from Graces, the actual NEW releases are all missing. Kinda a weird way to "leak" don't you think?

schuelma

sinobi- Graces does 143K.

Bad, bad number. It might struggle to get 200K.

Wii doomed again!

botticus

schuelma said:
sinobi- Graces does 143K.

Bad, bad number. It might struggle to get 200K.

Wii doomed again!
Clearly everyone who bought a Wii last week bought Graces, so it will sell even more next week.
That is a terrible debut. I should give Dragona a tag.

schuelma

Other numbers:

Wii Fit Plus- 66K

Pikachu Wii- 55K

SW3- 34K

duckroll

Friend Collection - 97k <-- WOW

9Hours9People9Doors - 17k
LA3 - 22k
AGAIN - 1k
Bleach SC2 - 1.1k
R-Type Tactics 2 - 3.7k

PSP Go - 3.3k

All-in-one?

NSMB Wii - 465k
Tales of Graces - 143k
Wii Fit Plus - 66k (1060k)
Pokepark Wii - 55k (112k)
Samurai Warriors 3 - 34k (161k)
Winning Eleven 2010 Playmaker - 9300
Wii hardware - 142k

PS3 Modern Warfare 2 - 117k
360 Modern Warfare 2 - 61k
PS3 hardware - 76k
360 hardware - >10k

PSP Naruto - 71k
PSP PSP2 - 63k
PSP GvsG N+ - 49k
PSP Tokimeki 4 - 13k (60k)

DS 999 - 17k
DS Tomodachi - 97k
DS NSMB - 15k (5602k)
DS Luminous Arc 3 - 22k
DS Again FBI - 1000
PSP Bleach 2 - 11k
PSP R-type 2 - 3700

PSP 3000 - 71k
PSP Go - 3300 (65k)
DSL - 10k
DSi - 70k
DSi LL - 60k

Is that another increase for NSMB DS?

EDIT:

And that ToG first week puts it around 79% of its first week sold on the first day, right up at the high end of recent Tales installments.

duckroll

Based on these numbers we can now have the almost complete Top10 + numbers for Enterbrain.

01. NSMBW - 465k
02. ToG - 143k
03. MW2 PS3 - 117k
04. Friend Collection - 97k
05. Naruto 3 PSP - 71k
06. Wii Fit Plus - 66k
07. Pokemon HG/SS - ?
08. PSP2 - 63k
09. MW2 360 - 61k
10. PokePark - 55k

schuelma

I guess it has competition with Wii hardware and Graces bomba, but to me MW2 is the most surprising number of the week. That is really stellar.

enishi

duckroll said:
I find it questionable because aside from Graces, the actual NEW releases are all missing. Kinda a weird way to "leak" don't you think?

Sorry, it is my bad. I have removed those.

gkryhewy

Wii hardware outsells the DS family! Wow.

Poor Tales -- I hope they still localize it. I'm playing ToV on 360 right now, and absolutely loving it.

Very good number for MW2!

Edit: Daaaayum @ Wii HW. PS3 HW is obviously ramping up but I think Wii wins this year. It was a nice little race while it lasted.

schuelma

Cosmonaut X said:
Is that another increase for NSMB DS?

EDIT:

And that ToG first week puts it around 79% of its first week sold on the first day, right up at the high end of recent Tales installments.

Basically identical to ToS:KoR. So if it continues that pace, it will be lucky to hit 200K. Its only hope for respectability is to sell like Tales of Hearts did last year but I find that really unlikely.

duckroll

schuelma said:
I guess it has competition with Wii hardware and Graces bomba, but to me MW2 is the most surprising number of the week. That is really stellar.

It really is. This is a huge success for S-E.

Rolf NB

Elios83 said:
I don't think it's Mario as much as the holyday season which benefits a product like Wii considerably. I didn't expect these numbers for Wii at this point, I honestly thought it would do 80k and 100k for the past two weeks instead it has performed remarkably with 100k and 140k.
PS3 is doing greatly too although Wii has prevailed, when the Slim was announced a few people wondered if PS3 could manage to reach 4m units before the FFXIII launch because back then it seemed a really ambitious target for PS3 and well, it did. Next week will be really interesting for PS3, I think HW sales will go up to 200k with 75k console sold last week.
But it is a NSMBWii bump, in its second week. Compare it to how it was tracking last year (Chris1964 posted a neat table with that info), and you'd expect it to do 100k this week. NSMBWii lifted it up nearly 100% the previous week, and still does 50% now.

It's just o_O

schuelma

bcn-ron said:
But it is a NSMBWii bump, in its second week. Compare it to how it was tracking last year (Chris1964 posted a neat table with that info), and you'd expect it to do 100k this week. NSMBWii lifted it up nearly 100% the previous week, and still does 50% now.

It's just o_O

Probably a nice combination, but yeah, it seems clear that at this very very early stage the NSMB Wii impact is trending much more similar to Wii Fit than Animal Crossing.

Onesimos

Very impressive numbers for Modern Warfare 2. Will the sales fall off more than 50% like most games next week, or will the game have "legs" found in Nintendo's best-sellers?

Orgen

schuelma said:
Basically identical to ToS:KoR. So if it continues that pace, it will be lucky to hit 200K. Its only hope for respectability is to sell like Tales of Hearts did last year but I find that really unlikely.

Do we know the ToS:KoR LTD? (I think it's something like 220k, but I'm not sure)

It would be sad if KoR ends up selling more than Graces.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Onesimos said:
Very impressive numbers for Modern Warfare 2. Will the sales fall off more than 50% like most games next week, or will the game have "legs" found in Nintendo's best-sellers?
That's a nice junior post :)

I wonder how many western expatriates bought the game, but that could partly explain the high number.

duckroll

Onesimos said:

Hard to tell. The original MW on the PS3 debuted at 25k, and went on to sell a total of 113k after a year. MW The Best PS3 was released in Sept, sold 16k in the first week, with a total of 62k sold within 1.5 months, before disappearing off charts. It's not unlikely that MW2 could well double this debut, or more.

marc^o^ said:
That's a nice junior post :)

I wonder how many western expatriates bought the game, but that could partly explain the high number.

It is really? I can assure you that almost no western expatriate would have bought this release. Firstly, import stores in Japan already carried the original US release which is in English, released last month. Secondly, this game is completely dubbed in Japanese, with Japanese text. It's a full localization, which would make no sense for a westerner to buy.

schuelma

Orgen said:
Do we know the ToS:KoR LTD? (I think it's something like 220k, but I'm not sure)

212K I believe. I still think it will do better than that slightly just because of the holiday season and KoR just kept falling off a cliff.

Still, not a good number.

schuelma

In somewhat related news, Wii now has 10 million + sellers. I imagine Galaxy and MH Tri will get there sometime next year.

Rolf NB

Orgen said:

May I suggest using garaph game search for such things?

schuelma said:
212K I believe. I still think it will do better than that slightly just because of the holiday season and KoR just kept falling off a cliff.

I know Japan Sales-GAF doesn't like to deal with that nebulous "quality" thing, but KoR was utter garbage. That's why it couldn't have a long tail. It's also a bucket of poison down the well, with a likely influence on Graces's early sales.

duckroll

schuelma said:

I dunno, it's looking likely that ToG will never reach ToV PS3's opening week in its lifetime. That's pathetic.

schuelma

duckroll said:
I dunno, it's looking likely that ToG will never reach ToV PS3's opening week in its lifetime. That's pathetic.

When in this thread have I disagreed with that? Hell I think I used bomba twice, and I don't throw the word bomba around!

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
duckroll said:
==]this game is completely dubbed in Japanese, with Japanese text. It's a full localization, which would make no sense for a westerner to buy.
Then the world is flat and japanese gamers start liking FPS. Thanks for the update.

duckroll

schuelma said:
When in this thread have I disagreed with that? Hell I think I used bomba twice, and I don't throw the word bomba around!

I'm just disagreeing personally that it will reach and go beyond 212k. Holiday season or not, after the first 2 weeks, the game is doomed. I think what we will need to know is what the shipment was, because I'm certain it's NEVER getting another one. If the shipment is higher than 212k, then if retailers collapse the price asap, it could sell out the shipment eventually sometime next year.

kswiston

Did we ever get prediction results for the week of NSMB Wii's release? I wanted to see how close to the bottom I was for the week :lol

Not fairing any better this week either. Graces really killed my predictions. I think I was over by like 50k.

Orgen

schuelma said:

With a 79% sell-through (from first day -> first week) and FF XIII this week I don't think it will do better than 212K (even with the holiday season bump)

Thanks for the link bcn-ron!

schuelma

duckroll said:
I'm just disagreeing personally that it will reach and go beyond 212k. Holiday season or not, after the first 2 weeks, the game is doomed. I think what we will need to know is what the shipment was, because I'm certain it's NEVER getting another one. If the shipment is higher than 212k, then if retailers collapse the price asap, it could sell out the shipment eventually sometime next year.

Fair enough. Probably right- it will sell whatever it shipped.

Jaruru

TheRagnCajun said:
Very good number for MW2!

Edit: Daaaayum @ Wii HW. PS3 HW is obviously ramping up but I think Wii wins this year. It was a nice little race while it lasted.

nice race indeed. Nintendo did well encountering Sony. lower price for both Wii/PS3. NSMBWii released weeks before FFXIII.

will it make a difference if FFXIII actually launched weeks before?

markatisu

Wow total rejection for Tales, and this one was new too :lol

I don't think there is any reasonable explanation, its not like Wii owners have not bought Tales before.

How is SW3 looking to finish, do we think it will be gone soon or garner some extra sales due to the holiday?

Top Bottom