• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows 95 running on a New Nintendo 3DS

The crazy sons-a-bitches did it. http://gbatemp.net/threads/windows-95-on-n3ds.407539/

x3Aen2p.jpg

p_20160102_173929-jpg.34123

Twitter user @RetroRampage said:

I feel almost compelled to get a second N3DS just to blow it wide open for this stuff.

c0de

Let me guess, they use bochs like the “hackers“ that made win 95 run on a ps3?
Oh no, it's dosbox. Well, the only accomplishment is they run Retroarch, Windows is just a “rom“ they run.

ghostjoke

Banned
there is already homebrew version of Doom running from 3DS.

but yah , running Doom from windows 95 from 3DS is much better

next , running GBA emulator from windows XP inside n3DS.

I figured there was a homebrew of Doom on 3DS. I see Doom as a means test to any form of technological screwing about. I want Doom inside Doom inside windows 95 inside a 3DS emulator on Windows 10 inside OSX via Wine inside a Linux virtual machine.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Cracked wide open. Time to finally get an n3DS.

iceatcs

there is already homebrew version of Doom running from 3DS.

but yah , running Doom from windows 95 from 3DS is much better

next , running GBA emulator from windows XP inside n3DS.
Exactly, no garden walled problem. Open platform. Always best to stick with all emus on Windows running non PC.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
okay now get Diablo running

dh4niel

I'm not sure if it's a good thing that Nintendo's latest hardware can only just run an over 20 year old OS. Even if it is a handheld :/

Krejlooc

Banned
So does this even play 95 games or anything useful? Otherwise, why?

But why, some say, the moon? Why choose this as our goal? And they may well ask why climb the highest mountain? Why, 35 years ago, fly the Atlantic? Why does Rice play Texas?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.

Theonik

But why, some say, the moon? Why choose this as our goal? And they may well ask why climb the highest mountain? Why, 35 years ago, fly the Atlantic? Why does Rice play Texas?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.
Who will win the Windows Me race?

Did you just compare the moon landing with Windows 95 on the New 3DS?

The latter one isn't even hard but just something you want in the first place.

Krejlooc

Banned
Did you just compare the moon landing with Windows 95 on the New 3DS?

The latter one isn't even hard but just something you want in the first place.

I want windows 95 running on an n3ds? And it's not hard? Please show me your accomplishments.

And yes, I did, because its comparable. I also compared it to flying the atlantic, climbing the highest mountain, and rice playing texas. If you dont get it, you never will.

petran79

Banned
Does it also support Direct3D?

Run Callus95, the only emulator that plays Street Fighter 2: World Warrior at the correct speed.

Top Bottom