• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 3, 2016 (Jan 18 - Jan 24)

noshten

YSO predictions

01. [PS4] Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 < 65k (average 55k)
02. [PSV] Dragon Quest Builders: Alefgard o Fukkatsu Niseyo < 45k (average 40k)
03. [PS4] Dragon Quest Builders: Alefgard o Fukkatsu Niseyo < 35k (average 30k)
03. [WIU] Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash < 35k (average 30k)

DQ Builders with good legs and surprisingly Ultra Smash also holding up(does 100k in two weeks surpass the entire sales in the US for Nov/Dec?).

JohnWest

so, I was wondering what the hell is going on with wiiu on amazon.jp? it seems to be sold for crazily high prices and everytime amazon gets a restock it only lasts for a few hours. Also the wiiu is currently way more expensive than the ps4.. am I missing something?

test_account

XP-39C²
I didnt know that the Pikachu detective game is out that soon. I also didnt know that it was download only and that cheap. Is it just a small game or episodic?

Ōkami

1. [PSV] Dragon Quest Builders - 339 pts
    [*][PS4] Dragon Quest Builders - 205 pts
    [*][PS3] Dragon Quest Builders - 139 pts
    [*][WIU] Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash - 110pts
  2. [PS4] Yakuza: Kiwami - 55pts
  3. [PS3] Yakuza: Kiwami - 40pts
  4. [3DS] Hyrule Warriors: Legends - 34pts
  5. [3DS] Monster Hunter X - 33pts
  6. [3DS] Monster Strike - 33pts
  7. [WIU] Splatoon - 22pts
  8. [PSV] God Eater: Resurrection - 22pts
  9. [PS3] Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII (Limited Edition) - 20pts
  10. [PS3] Resident Evil 0: HD Remaster - 20pts
  11. [PS4] Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII (Limited Edition) - 19pts
  12. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition - 17pts
  13. [PSV] Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Festa: Houka Kenran (First Print Limited Edition) - 17pts
  14. [PS4] Just Cause 3 - 14pts
  15. [PS4] Fallout 4 - 14pts
  16. [3DS] Yokai Watch Busters: White Dog Squad - 13pts
  17. [PSV] Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Festa: Houka Kenran - 12pts

I hope that is accurate as I love the series. But like you said, I don't see a source.
If true though, then it's no wonder Japanese companies are still happy to work on Sony consoles...
Yep, all of Asia on top of whatever the west can bring in make it a viable venture for devs.

Darius

Banned
Looking at some of the recent low performing titles in the charts. It reminded me that I haven´t seen any mention so far that Japanese developer and publisher Kaga-Create shut down last month. They were responsible for games like Alien Crush, Devil's Crush and their PCEngine support. The last few years they were mainly developing PSV games.

http://www.kaga-create.co.jp/

Orgen

Predictions

[3DS] Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final (19 days) - 139.000
[PS4] Valkyria Chronicles Remastered (19 days) - 47.000
[PS4] Street Fighter V (11 days) - 60.000
[PSV] Kan Colle Kai (11 days) - 192.000
[PS4 + PS3 + PSV] Attack on Titan (11 days) - 118.000
[PS4 + PSV] Project Setsuna (11 days) - 56.000
[3DS] Nintendo 2DS [Pocket Monsters] (2 days) - 81.000

Powwa

[3DS] Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final (19 days) - 120k
[PS4] Valkyria Chronicles Remastered (19 days) - 45k
[PS4] Street Fighter V (11 days) - 78k
[PSV] Kan Colle Kai (11 days) - 135k
[PS4 + PS3 + PSV] Attack on Titan (11 days) - 105k
[PS4 + PSV] Project Setsuna (11 days) - 50k
[3DS] Nintendo 2DS [Pocket Monsters] (2 days) - 45k

Eolz

So, what are your expectations for Uppers, the new Marvelous game? It's from the SK/VD producer, but focused on males this time, and seem pretty good.
Bigger expectations than those games, or will that be the same due to being on Vita?

Looking at some of the recent low performing titles in the charts. It reminded me that I haven´t seen any mention so far that Japanese developer and publisher Kaga-Create shut down last month. They were responsible for games like Alien Crush, Devil's Crush and their PCEngine support. The last few years they were mainly developing PSV games.

http://www.kaga-create.co.jp/

I could've sworn someone posted it, but maybe not.

Worth noting:

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/kaga-create-shuts-down

The company said it was not able to create a large enough growth potential in today’s smartphone app-focused video games market, which lead to its unavoidable dissolution.

Arzehn

So, what are your expectations for Uppers, the new Marvelous game? It's from the SK/VD producer, but focused on males this time, and seem pretty good.
Bigger expectations than those games, or will that be the same due to being on Vita?

Has a 0% chance being bigger than Senran Kagura. I predict it will sell less then Valkyrie Drive as well. Maybe something like 30k fw.

Ōkami

Remember how Sharp FE failed to make it to the comgnet weekly list when it originally came out?

Well, it's there now, on the used games list.

Limited Edition no less.

Mario007

&#332;kami;193857477 said:
  1. [PSV] Dragon Quest Builders - 339 pts
    [*][PS4] Dragon Quest Builders - 205 pts
    [*][PS3] Dragon Quest Builders - 139 pts
    [*][WIU] Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash - 110pts
  2. [PS4] Yakuza: Kiwami - 55pts
  3. [PS3] Yakuza: Kiwami - 40pts
  4. [3DS] Hyrule Warriors: Legends - 34pts
  5. [3DS] Monster Hunter X - 33pts
  6. [3DS] Monster Strike - 33pts
  7. [WIU] Splatoon - 22pts
  8. [PSV] God Eater: Resurrection - 22pts
  9. [PS3] Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII (Limited Edition) - 20pts
  10. [PS3] Resident Evil 0: HD Remaster - 20pts
  11. [PS4] Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII (Limited Edition) - 19pts
  12. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition - 17pts
  13. [PSV] Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Festa: Houka Kenran (First Print Limited Edition) - 17pts
  14. [PS4] Just Cause 3 - 14pts
  15. [PS4] Fallout 4 - 14pts
  16. [3DS] Yokai Watch Busters: White Dog Squad - 13pts
  17. [PSV] Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Festa: Houka Kenran - 12pts
How much did DQH score? If i remember it was around 800 pointz between the two versions?

Has a 0% chance being bigger than Senran Kagura. I predict it will sell less then Valkyrie Drive as well. Maybe something like 30k fw.

Higher or lower than Kenka Bancho 6?

03./00. [3DS] Kenka Bancho 6: Soul & Blood <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2015.01.15} (¥6.458) - 24.274 / NEW <45,07%>

Vena

How much did DQH score? If i remember it was around 800 pointz between the two versions?

That was one (PS3) version.

The point total of PS3/PS4 was 1194.

Thanks for the link, but in that case that's shipped, not sold. Anyway I'm interested to see how the asian markets can help to make up for the japanese market. No wonder more and more localization are being announced for China, Korea and such.

I think the other question that needs to be answered is what genres/titles actually benefit from this. In as of so far we've only heard this news with Musou and, now, Yakuza. (And also exactly what these shipped figures do in terms of sell-through, and how sustainable these movements are, rather than "novelty" movements.)

Arzehn

Higher or lower than Kenka Bancho 6?

03./00. [3DS] Kenka Bancho 6: Soul & Blood <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2015.01.15} (¥6.458) - 24.274 / NEW <45,07%>

I don't want turn this isn't a war but I really think Kenka Bancho had a audience mismatch. Think Uppers will sell slightly more than Kenka Bancho 6 despite being a new IP, partially because I think the Vita is a good fit for the audience and Marvelous fans seem kind of loyal so I bet we see some SK fans buy the game. My 30k fw estimate takes that in consideration + just monitoring general social media hype on the some sites I visit. Just my 2c..

I think the other question that needs to be answered is what genres/titles actually benefit from this. In as of so far we've only heard this news with Musou and, now, Yakuza. (And also exactly what these shipped figures do in terms of sell-through, and how sustainable these movements are, rather than "novelty" movements.)

I agree, I don't think every IP will benefit in the same manner. Glad Yakuza is one though.

BKK

Thanks for the link, but in that case that's shipped, not sold. Anyway I'm interested to see how the asian markets can help to make up for the japanese market. No wonder more and more localization are being announced for China, Korea and such.

He said "SEGA has already sold", not "retailers have already sold". ;)

I don't want turn this isn't a war but I really think Kenka Bancho had a audience mismatch. Think Uppers will sell slightly more than Kenka Bancho 6 despite being a new IP, partially because I think the Vita is a good fit for the audience and Marvelous fans seem kind of loyal so I bet we see some SK fans buy the game. My 30k fw estimate takes that in consideration + just monitoring general social media hype on the some sites I visit. Just my 2c..

It's the best case study we'll have to see whether there was an audience mismatch with Kenka Bancho 6 or not, definitely.

Although they're not exactly the same, we've got a similar setting; similar characters; similar gameplay and the same developer.

Though, it may be that Uppers does something a bit different which is what KB needed to shake things up. I don't know about the 3DS game, but the PSP entries didn't seem to be doing much different between installments. They kept selling the same between entries but maybe platform shift was what broke the cycle for a lot of the buyers.

No numbers but I remember Zhuge (again) reporting that Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD was the best selling PS4 & Vita game in China.

He said "SEGA has already sold", not "retailers have already sold". ;)

hehe fair point.

BKK

It's a long term trend, PS1 and PS2 whilst seeing decent hardware numbers saw pretty small software sales due to high levels of piracy. With the harder to pirate PS3, FFXIII Asian versions initially shipped 200k, GT5 shipped 340k. With the currently un-pirateable PS4 apparently seeing much faster rates of adoption than the PS3 then it's probably to be expected that software sales will increase too.

Still, Kiwami is probably newer to a far higher percentage of Asian players than Japanese, so I wouldn't expect the same kind of ratio for RGG6, and we obviously don't have access to actual sell-through figures either.

Vena

No numbers but I remember Zhuge (again) reporting that Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD was the best selling PS4 & Vita game in China.

hehe fair point.

That's actually one I forgot along with Type-0HD which had that 1mil WW shipped but that we couldn't add up just using tracked markets, so it had to have shipped well in Asia as well. Of course, I am never a fan of not knowing actual sell-through as shipping and actually selling to a market at retail are different ball games (as we can see with channel stuffing going on regularly).

It's a long term trend, PS1 and PS2 whilst seeing decent hardware numbers saw pretty small software sales due to high levels of piracy. With the harder to pirate PS3, FFXIII Asian versions initially shipped 200k, GT5 shipped 340k. With the currently un-pirateable PS4 apparently seeing much faster rates of adoption than the PS3 then it's probably to be expected that software sales will increase too.

Of course, I was looking more at genres and titles. In as so far, as noted previously, they are either "big brands" (same stuff that sells well around the globe) or more topical like Romance of the Three Kingdom et al musous.

Still, Kiwami is probably newer to a far higher percentage of Asian players than Japanese, so I wouldn't expect the same kind of ratio for RGG6, and we obviously don't have access to actual sell-through figures either.

I think Kiwami has a loose local/regional interest in its favor as gangsters is a fairly common idea all over, and throw in the fact that the titles can easily transition to taking place in China/Hong Kong/Taipei or any other city of interest in Asia, and its like the more recent Transformers movie taking place in China... except without the American actors.

The emerging market has been getting pegged hard by media. Everyone is looking to expand that way, and Sony and Microsoft are making big attempts at mainland China, and Nintendo is all over the SEA areas but, at least as of so far, not making inroads into China proper.

BKK

China's not all that relevant. I doubt that RGG would even get passed for release there. Taiwan and South Korea are by some way the biggest Asian markets for consoles (with HK getting by thanks to sharing Traditional Chinese with Taiwan). For SEA, English localisation is required for widespread coverage (although Chinese will cover a certain portion). For less "controversial" titles like FF, Simplified Chinese localisations for the mainland Chinese market will help, but I do wonder if that market is even any bigger than the English SEA market.

Still, if Japanese publishers want to take the Asian market seriously then they'll need to to treat it more like the European market (EFIGS) with games getting released in Japanese, English, Chinese (both Traditional and Simplified), and Korean (JECKS?).

horuhe

Rakuten Books Ranking Week 4, 2016 (Jan 25 - Jan 31)

01./.00.[PSV] Dragon Quest Builders <ADV> (Square Enix)
02./00. [PS4] Dragon Quest Builders <ADV> (Square Enix)
03./00. [PS3] Dragon Quest Builders <ADV> (Square Enix)
04./00. [WiiU] Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash <SPT> (Nintendo)
05./01. [PS4] Yakuza: Kiwami <ADV> (Sega)
06./06. [3DS] Hyrule Warriors Legends <ACT> (Koei Tecmo)
07./02. [PS3] Yakuza: Kiwami <ADV> (Sega)
08./05. [3DS] Monster Hunter X <ACT> (Capcom)
09./08. [WiiU] Splatoon <ACT> (Nintendo)
10./12. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment)
11./07. [3DS] Monster Strike <RPG> (Mixi)
12./00. [PS4] Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 <SLG> (Koei Tecmo)
13./09. [WiiU] Super Mario Maker <ACT> (Nintendo)
14./00. [PS3] Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 <SLG> (Koei Tecmo)
15./03. [PSV] Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir <ACT> (Atlus)
16./15. [PS4] Fallout 4 <RPG> (Bethesda Softworks)
17./04. [PS4] Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir <ACT> (Atlus)
18./10. [PS3] Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster <ADV> (Capcom)
19./16. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team <ACT> (Level 5)
20./17. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch Busters: White Dog Squad <ACT> (Level 5)

------

Rakuten Books Pre-Orders Ranking Week 4, 2016 (Jan 25 - Jan 31)

01./05. [3DS] Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final <RPG> (Atlus)
02./09. [PS4] Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 <FTG> (Bandai Namco)
03./06. [PSV] Kan Colle Kai <ACT> (Kadokawa Games)
04./04. [3DS] Yo-Kai Romance of the Three Kingdoms <ACT> (Level 5)
05./16. [PS4] Dark Souls III <RPG> (From Software)
06./11. [PS4] Gundam Breaker 3 <ACT> (Bandai Namco)
07./14. [PS4] Street Fighter V <FTG> (Capcom)
08./10. [PS4] Attack on Titan <ACT> (Koei Tecmo)
09./13. [PSV] Attack on Titan <ACT> (Koei Tecmo)
10./12. [PSV] Gundam Breaker 3 <ACT> (Bandai Namco)

wapplew

China's not all that relevant. I doubt that RGG would even get passed for release there. Taiwan and South Korea are by some way the biggest Asian markets for consoles (with HK getting by thanks to sharing Traditional Chinese with Taiwan). For SEA, English localisation is required for widespread coverage (although Chinese will cover a certain portion). For less "controversial" titles like FF, Simplified Chinese localisations for the mainland Chinese market will help, but I do wonder if that market is even any bigger than the English SEA market.

Still, if Japanese publishers want to take the Asian market seriously then they'll need to to treat it more like the European market (EFIGS) with games getting released in Japanese, English, Chinese (both Traditional and Simplified), and Korean (JECKS?).

Actually, China is big part of why Kiwami sold well according to major China online market place.
All those Traditional Chinese localization is somewhat a loophole of China censorship since most Chinese can read Traditional Chinese without any problem and import is easy.

English for SEA area, well, just wait for global English localization.

hiska-kun

Tsutaya's Ranking Week 4 2016

01./00. [PSV] Dragon Quest Builders: Alefgard o Fukkatsu Niseyo <ADV> (Square Enix)
02./00. [PS4] Dragon Quest Builders: Alefgard o Fukkatsu Niseyo <ADV> (Square Enix)
03./00. [PS3] Dragon Quest Builders: Alefgard o Fukkatsu Niseyo <ADV> (Square Enix)
04./00. [WIU] Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash <SPT> (Nintendo)

05./01. [PS4] Yakuza: Kiwami <ADV> (Sega)
06./02. [PS3] Yakuza: Kiwami <ADV> (Sega)
07./03. [3DS] Hyrule Warriors Legends <ACT> (Koei Tecmo)
08./00. [PS4] Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 <SLG> (Koei Tecmo)
09./00. [PS3] Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 <SLG> (Koei Tecmo)

10./06. [3DS] Monster Hunter X <ACT> (Capcom)
11./04. [PS4] Just Cause 3 <ACT> (Square Enix)
12./10. [WIU] Splatoon <ACT> (Nintendo)
13./00. [PSV] Uta no Prince-Sama: Music 3 <ACT> (Broccoli)
14./00. [PSV] Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Festa: Houka Kenran <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games)

15./08. [3DS] Monster Strike <RPG> (Mixi)
16./05. [PS4] Resident Evil: Origins Collection <Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster Resident Evil HD Remaster> <ADV> (Capcom)
17./12. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment)
18./07. [PSV] Odin Sphere: Leifdrasir <RPG> (Atlus)
19./09. [PS3] Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster <ADV> (Capcom)
20./14. [PS4] Fallout 4 <RPG> (Bethesda Softworks)

horuhe

Bic Camera with some Builders stock again, and campaign until February 14th.
5E8LqMc.jpg

gyzYb3v.jpg

Sofmap held a meeting about Project Diva X. People went to pre-order the game released on March 24th.

OhMyGod

Neo Member
Nippon Ichi 2015:

Disgaea 5(Mar): 60k in Japan, 112k WW
Yomawari(Oct): 48k in Japan
Criminal Girls 2(Nov): 29k in Japan

duckroll

They have already been doing that for several years now. With each year it gets better and better. For English releases it is not unusual for them to release US versions repackaged for Asia.

Mory Dunz

the what Mario Tennis?

It's going to outsell AC Amiibo? I thought they'd bomb equally tbh.

Heck, will it outsell actual good games like Kirby and Yoshi? What did those 2 do again?

the what Mario Tennis?

It's going to outsell AC Amiibo? I thought they'd bomb equally tbh.

AC amiibo is barely even a game. Mario Tennis, even if light on content, should still be pretty fun and, correct me if I'm wrong, is the only arcade tennis game on a home console in many years. It's not like it'll sell spectacularly well, so it'll still suffer from the lack of content.

Now Mario Golf World Tour on the other hand, that should have done much better than it did.

Mory Dunz

AC amiibo is barely even a game. Mario Tennis, even if light on content, should still be pretty fun and, correct me if I'm wrong, is the only arcade tennis game on a home console in many years. It's not like it'll sell spectacularly well, so it'll still suffer from the lack of content.

Now Mario Golf World Tour on the other hand, that should have done much better than it did.

Isn't Mario Tennis barely a game as well? ;)
in hindsight, I guess it makes sense. I wonder what the prediction league avg for both games were though.

But moreso I didn't expect it to do better than yoshi or kirby.

They have already been doing that for several years now. With each year it gets better and better. For English releases it is not unusual for them to release US versions repackaged for Asia.

It would be nice if they could look a little bit more towards the multi-lingual Asian regions for localisation. Singapore or Malaysia would be a pretty good hub for establishing a multi-lingual localisation scene for Chinese, Malay & English simultaneously. /bias

Bruno MB

Prediction League November 2015 Results

Congratulations to:

- Yeshua, for winning by units!
- astrogamer, for winning by mean error %!

Code:
    BY UNITS                                 BY MEAN ERROR %   

1       Yeshua     75.732                1     astrogamer   10,72%
    2     Jon Carter   78.524                2       Yeshua     13,95%
    3     astrogamer   81.524                3    Pennywise83   13,96%
    4        Road      91.524                4        Eolz      17,25%
    5        Eolz     135.524                5     Jon Carter   19,95%
    6      Xenoboy    139.524                6      random25    20,70%
    7       DrWong    142.732                7     1st Course   20,93%
    8       Fisico    163.269                8      casiopao    21,59%
    9    Pennywise83  181.524                9      Xenoboy     21,83%
   10     1st Course  185.732               10       DrWong     21,93%
   11       sörine    191.524               11     Chris1964    23,02%
   12     The_lascar  206.524               12       sörine     29,09%
   13      random25   209.732               13        Road      29,65%
   14     hiska-kun   232.402               14     hiska-kun    29,82%
   15      RED_RING   260.732               15     The_lascar   30,15%
   16        XDDX     271.177               16        XDDX      30,16%
   17       horuhe    290.567               17       Fisico     31,48%
   18      casiopao   311.524               18       horuhe     31,81%
   19     Chris1964   342.400               19      RED_RING    31,91%

Famitsu  1st CoursePennywise8  DrWong   RED_RING   horuhe    Yeshua  astrogamer casiopao Jon CarterChris1964    Eolz   hiska-kun  Xenoboy     Road    random25    XDDX     Fisico  The_lascar  sörine
[3DS] Monster Hunter X 1.542.104 1.400.000 1.700.000 1.450.000 1.350.000 1.317.063 1.500.000 1.600.000 1.820.000 1.569.696 1.234.567 1.640.000 1.374.912 1.631.000 1.555.555 1.400.000 1.333.444 1.628.745 1.680.000 1.666.666
[3DS] Hardware           133.628    90.000   110.000    83.000    65.000    68.102   100.000   110.000   100.000    82.696    98.765    96.000    68.418    83.000    55.555    66.000    71.111    57.000    65.000    66.666

TOTAL ABS. DIFF.                   185.732   181.524   142.732   260.732   290.567    75.732    81.524   311.524    78.524   342.400   135.524   232.402   139.524    91.524   209.732   271.177   163.269   206.524   191.524
MEAN ERROR %                        20,93%    13,96%    21,93%    31,91%    31,81%    13,95%    10,72%    21,59%    19,95%    23,02%    17,25%    29,82%    21,83%    29,65%    20,70%    30,16%    31,48%    30,15%    29,09%

Code:
STATISTICS               FAMITSU     GAF_AVG     MIN         MAX         UNDER       OVER        CLOSEST BY
[3DS] Monster Hunter X   1.542.104   1.518.508   1.234.567   1.820.000   47%         53%         1.555.555 Road
[3DS] Hardware           133.628     80.859      55.555      110.000     100%        0%          110.000 Pennywise83

Top Bottom