• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My seven-year preorder of The Last Guardian was just cancelled. RIP

Kyonashi

So a UK retailer which-must-not-be-named on GAF emailed me this morning to let me know my legacy pre-order of TLG would no longer be honoured. This was the email I received:

mbfmVfP.png

According to customer service, due to the platform change they will not be retaining my pre-order (which was locked at the £32.99 price point) and I'll have to re-order at whatever price they choose to charge.

Pour one out for the modern day version of one of those weathered Duke Nukem Forever store receipts.

EDIT for clarity: No, I'm not mad or anything and I expected this to happen when it moved to PS4. Just thought it would be fun if it somehow got honoured after all this time!

Majine

Banned
My usual answer is "Why would you pre-order in this day and age?", but then again, you probably didn't pre-order this particular game in this day and age.

So a UK retailer which-must-not-be-named on GAF emailed me this morning to let me know my legacy pre-order of TLG would no longer be honoured. This was the email I received:

According to customer service, due to the platform change they will not be retaining my pre-order (which was locked at the £32.99 price point) and I'll have to re-order at whatever price they choose to charge.

Pour one out for the modern day version of one of those weathered Duke Nukem Forever store receipts.
The Last Guardian was announced as only on the PS4 so your PS3 order is canceled...how is that a surprise?

AniHawk

My usual answer is "Why would you pre-order in this day and age?", but then again, you probably didn't pre-order this particular game in this day and age.

2009 was a different time man. barack obama was president and final fantasy versus xiii and last guardian were still in development.

I'm still waiting on not one but two games from my 2009 Amazon pre-order, which seems to have disappeared from my account. Still have the email, though!

zLHccFn.jpg

This sparks renewed concerns over whether the game has been cancelled or not, especially when you consider that we haven't seen anything new from it in over half a year.

IvanJ

Banned
Make another preorder now, and see if you can beat the record in 2023 when it gets cancelled in favor of the PS5 version.

liquidtmd

Banned
Don't wanna go off topic but may I ask why is that?

Years old rumours that they threatened Evilore in relation to him banning then in response to alleged speculation of them being involved in Credit Card Fraud with customers - which lead to then being banned.

Not sure if ever definitively confirmed though

Years old rumours that they threatened Evilore in relation to him banning then in response to alleged speculation of them being involved in Credit Card Fraud with customers - which lead to then being banned.

Not sure if ever definitively confirmed though

Oh my.

Cheers for that.

Kyonashi

Isn't that a pre-order of the nonexistent PS3 version?

Yep, which was the only version when I pre-ordered! I expected it to be cancelled, was just holding out hope they'd honour it for a slightly lower price. :p No big deal though!

Honestly, I can't remember a game I've pre-ordered since.

KORNdoggy

never understood this argument. it's almost like people think we pre-order because we think there will be limited stock? haha.

we pre-order to get games upwards of 3 days early. delivered to out door, cheaper then retail and sometimes with pre-order offers (price) or incentives (content) why wouldn't you pre-order?

McBryBry

My TLG for PS3 Amazon order got cancelled like two days after the new trailer that said spring 2016. Was a sad day

Top Bottom