• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

cabot

I'm gonna kill you, buddy.

Hey kawl remember when you said the intro shenanigans were over and you were down to fuck scumhunt from here on out?

Can we have that please instead of defending your miller claim.

Burbeting

Banned
rest & karu (0)
fluxwavez 257 (432)

launchpadmcq & gorlak (0)
cabot 264 (372)

*splinter & cabot (1)
kingkitty 267 (386)
gorlak 401

timeaisis & fluxwavez (1)
coppanuva 279 (484)
*splinter 295 (297)
*splinter 301 (387)
camjo-z 319
*splinter 444 (451)

blargonaut & kawl_usc (1)
flame_ac 353 (559)
boo boo'n 521

kingkitty & hyperactivity (0)
hyperactivity 373 (542)

el topo & miracle (1)
cabot 388

coppanuva & flame_ac (3)
batsnacks 393
fluxwavez 537 (616)
hyperactivity 542
*splinter 451

karkador & zippedpinhead (1)
fluxwavez 432 (537)
fluxwavez 616

never forever & czartim (0)
coppanuva 487 (551)

ultrajay & boo boo'n (3)
never forever 515
kingkitty 532
coppanuva 551

magnumboy20xx & batsnacks (1)
flame_ac 559

No Vote in place:
18 people, not going to list them all.

16 Votes Needed for Majority

cabot

also some other side dishes for you to nibble your teeth on:

why is magnum super quiet? one post and nothing else.

Why is flame referring to Coppa as his 'partner' and nothing else? Sounds like a relationship on the rocks.

Is UltraJay dead?

What is Love?

cabot

Scummy. Probably in second for me after Coppa and Flame.

I was uneasy initially and said so in my big dump post this morning, Gorlak then specfically calling Splints and I out for 'dominating' discussion has only reinforced my suspicion. I was holding till Launch started up but his initial posts haven't really helped my opinion.

His approach. This isn't the first time I've voted for Karkador; I had retracted my vote before, but now I'm putting it back. His method of interrogation—not just in regards to you—s seemingly to overlook what people are saying so he can construct and push his own story about it. I haven't played against Karkador, though, so I don't know if this is just his playstyle. Reminds me a bit of Darryl in Wolf 1—who ended up being Town—except it's not the arguments he was dismissing, but rationale.

And then there's Zipped, trying to look into Blarg and Kawl's role name for some reason, along with Karkador also being quite insistent on that point.

And I don't like this:

I wanted a piece of their name because I really wanted to understand if names are important. You say that you can view our role names, which means that names matter, kawl/blarg claims to be a Miller which means alignment matters, and they track (which means movement matters.

That's three things to look at Out of two role claims, in a game where there are only 15 roles. I have a few reservations about these role claims

1) miller just doesn't make sense because alignment only matters for town (unless there is a recruitable). Do we really have a recruitable player with only 15?

2) role names could matter (your claim) but it doesn't make sense if blarg and kawl are telling the truth. Why does town need to know a role name, unless they find out ordinaries or scum are named weird (see woof 2.0 where all wolf roles had "wolf" in their name), which should be determined by an alignment cop? So in a vacuum your role make sense, paired with blarg and kawl it leaves me with lots of questions.

3) unlimited tracking. A powerful role coupled with Miller, makes sense but only after you take a look at 1&2.

That's where I stand on your teams role claim and blarg/kawl's role claim. They seem directly opposed in this game.

In conclusion, you four are the most interesting people to talk about today, and I have reservations about both of your groups.

Kawl_USC

I'm gonna kill you, buddy.

Hey kawl remember when you said the intro shenanigans were over and you were down to fuck scumhunt from here on out?

Can we have that please instead of defending your miller claim.
I've squandered my work day on this aggressive karks attacks, but I promise to have a more proactive evening of hunting, friend.

FluxWaveZ

I'll start:

What does everyone think of Gorlak, and Launch even though he's only observing or something.

Gorlak

Nonsense flavor padding that I'd probably vote against just based on that if I didn't have experience with that kind of thing in previous games.

I didn't like how Gorlak and Flame_AC attached themselves to this pointlessness, too:
These are not good things to say when the idea of the game is Love triumphing over all.
Yes, I worry about that phrase very much. But why would they so obviously want us to lynch them?

This post is cool. Not sure where Gorlak's suspicion of Splinter is necessarily coming from; seemed to originate from Splinter jokingly referring to Volcano Island.

LaunchpadMcQ

Revolver Ocelot gifs. Says that he doesn't see much to comment on, so he isn't. I don't like that kind of comment; will have to refer back to previous games I've participated in and see who the people were that said similar things.

Is it reasonable to be wary of teams I feel are communicating a whole bunch in private and not in the thread? Because I have a gut feeling Gorlak and Launch would be one of those teams.

Gorlak is weird, I'm surprised at how much he's posted considering how little of an impression has been made on me

also, what's this post in reference to:

?????

Launch has been quiet too

honestly, it's been difficult to form opinions on anybody because the conversation has been devoted to the Flux/Time and Kawl/Blarg claim analysis gauntlet

I'm not sure if it makes people scummy or whether they're just exercising their right to be bored shitless by this mess, which stagnated a while back

Camjo-Z

honestly, it's been difficult to form opinions on anybody because the conversation has been devoted to the Flux/Time and Kawl/Blarg claim analysis gauntlet

I'm not sure if it makes people scummy or whether they're just exercising their right to be bored shitless by this mess, which stagnated a while back

I don't think there's much left to glean from D1. Blarg/Kawl are claiming miller, Flux/Time are claiming cop, whatever. The lack of votes currently on either pair suggests that nobody feels confident enough to actually take them out at the moment. Everything else is just people pointing fingers at anyone overly active/inactive and hoping someone hands them a reactionary scumtell on a platter.

FluxWaveZ

I don't think there's much left to glean from D1. Blarg/Kawl are claiming miller, Flux/Time are claiming cop, whatever. The lack of votes currently on either suggests that nobody feels confident enough to actually take either pair out at the moment. Everything else is just people pointing fingers at anyone overly active/inactive and hoping someone hands them a reactionary scumtell on a platter.

What? And what would you have expected us to do on D1 if neither of us claimed?

CzarTim

I was getting scummy vibes from coppa and flame at first too, but I cooled on them a bit. Like my one true love said, they aren't being self-conscious in the way scum is usually...

Who is being self-conscious is Launch. And Gor's posts feel like he's compensating for scum guilt with his over-the-top posting. Would vote.

As for whoever asked about kitty, I'd say scum kitty is often a bit more devoid of passion when giving his opinions. As if he is going through the motions.

Vote: Kingkitty

Kark is being very obtuse and it'd be hilarious if it hadn't taken up a whole page. Not sure if there is scum there though.

There's no guarantee we have an alignment cop if we have millers. Stop setup specing on day one, it's embarrassing.

Warxard

Banned
WHERES MY LOVER???!!

Again, no. Me and Blarg agreed that we were revealing out the gate before the game started. The only thing that was changed due to Flux's claim was the withholding of our couples name.

Both of your roles? That's...stupid! I would've held the Miller thing to my chest especially after the instant reveal of Cop. did you rethink / rediscuss the reveal?

I just don't understand what you get--what TOWN gets out of a thing like that.
don't forget they're also claiming they're millers

millers who have a specific title that flux could potentially verify

True.

this sentence gives me weird vibes, like it's trying too hard to be concerned

b/c Boo is going for the easy lynch + my paper-thin analysis of his sentence

death to ultraboo (for the time being, vote could change, etc)

vote:Boo Boo'n

Nah it ain't that deep, I don't exactly have a hard read on KingKitty's but it's good to have a target early game and Tim's thing on KK works for me to justify the eye watch. Greater good and all that.

It's interesting. First Tim tries to push for Kitty some, and now Boo Boo'n does. I'm not sure where this is coming from since overall people seemed kinda chill on him, and neither of them really offered much explanation for why they'd want to vote for them. KingKitty has been talkative and not really out of place IMO (though I haven't played with him outside of VI so I could be overlooking something), and HyperActivity has been inactive. I'm all for questioning them and getting talking, but why exactly are you two so gung-ho on those 2?

Vote: Boo Boo'n

Also UltraJay: I want to hear some thoughts from you on this game. You haven't posted yet (at least last I checked), and I would like to hear you talk some.

As explained above.

TL21xx

Banned
I don't think there's much left to glean from D1. Blarg/Kawl are claiming miller, Flux/Time are claiming cop, whatever. The lack of votes currently on either pair suggests that nobody feels confident enough to actually take them out at the moment. Everything else is just people pointing fingers at anyone overly active/inactive and hoping someone hands them a reactionary scumtell on a platter.

He speaks for both of us.

In all seriousness though, it's just the nature of Day 1, everything is hearsay until there is action. When we start attacking hard on Day 1, it's usually in attempt to get someone to crack. It's why I'm so perturbed by the Day 1 claims, they just run counter to the average Day 1 around here. Then again, this is GAFia, and we all know how crazy our setups get...

So, we have a claimed cop pair and a claimed miller pair, correct? Jeez... Not really comfortable taking the gamble on either of them for right now, especially since making those claims on Day 1 is about the worst scum play one can make. At least wait until Day 2, ya know?

Oh, and for the record...

Camjo-Z: I like this new guy, so far so good. TL is being TL. I can't wait to have my first apology for not being around. It's a wonderful thing.

Sorry cabot, I'm not sorry. Wait... err.... *leaves*

Sophia

LaunchpadMcQ

Revolver Ocelot gifs. Says that he doesn't see much to comment on, so he isn't. I don't like that kind of comment; will have to refer back to previous games I've participated in and see who the people were that said similar things.

Is it reasonable to be wary of teams I feel are communicating a whole bunch in private and not in the thread? Because I have a gut feeling Gorlak and Launch would be one of those teams.

I think it's reasonable to a degree, especially for a team that as a whole hasn't offered much in the way of opinions. I myself have been hanging back a bit in the love boat out of nervousness and offering up more opinions than anything. Right now I'm still pretty neutral.

In regards to the Flux/Time/Blarg/Kawl situation, I'm wondering if it might be best just to wait it out and see what happens? Looking at batsnack's idea for example, it doesn't seem to give us a lot of information. In exchange it has a lot of potential risks involved too that could swing things greatly.

I wanna read over Karkador's posts now, seeing as there are a lot of them. We still haven't heard basically anything from Magnumboy or UltraJay either. Kind of echoing the day 1 sentiments by Camjo-Z and TL21xx too. A lot of what we do on Day 1 will largely be relevant in the later game, not so much now.

Timeaisis

Ok, I'm back.

I just want to ask, why are we so obsessed with confirming two not that great roles at a high possible expense?

CzarTim

still at 3 game-relevant posts, exalted one
Are you going to vote or yell at the clouds all game.
I myself have been hanging back a bit in the love boat out of nervousness and offering up more opinions than anything. Right now I'm still pretty neutral.
Please don't do this! Being wrong is like 90% of mafia, but giving your opinion is important.
Ok, I'm back.

I just want to ask, why are we so obsessed with confirming two not that great roles at a high possible expense?

These plans always work out, don't know what you're talking about!

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Shit, if this thread is going to move along at this rate I'm not going to be able to follow everything.

Sophia

Please don't do this! Being wrong is like 90% of mafia, but giving your opinion is important

I'm sorry. ><; It's the nature of day one and my own nervousness. For what it's worth tho I'm feeling more confident now.

Nothing too much stands out at first glance regarding Karkador. He and *Splinter are kind of giving me the same feeling. The biggest difference right now is that *Splinter's partner, cabot, is giving me pretty big town vibes. Where as I'm less confident about Zippedpinhead.

Because putting votes down haphazardly is considered "active"?

Ok.

Speaking of activity, Gorlak gave a pretty good post regarding his thoughts sometimes back. What do you think about all of that? I don't think you've said too much outside of the Flux/Timeasis

Because putting votes down haphazardly is considered "active"?

Ok.

ugh, don't be so anally retentive about my word choice

and I fail to see what's haphazard about it

I refuse to believe that 18 people don't have enough of an opinion at this stage to make a bit of a commitment of this nature, it's not like you're RNGing it

Ty4on

I always forget to vote. Don't have anything better to do, though.

VOTE: Coppanuva

I'm still not sold on them and I see some people warming up to them.

*Splinter

Ok, I'm back.

Maybe double check the details with Flux, but you've currently claimed some kind of cop. Not exactly B-tier material.

And the other role is a tracker. Again not a weak role. Good enough that Burb apparently felt the need to nerf it somewhat with the Miller add on.

I agree that bats' plan wasn't great, but it feels like you're downplaying the importance of these roles.

Timeaisis

Because the "Miller Tracker" said it would be a good idea

Well, in that case!

ugh, don't be so anally retentive about my word choice

and I fail to see what's haphazard about it

I refuse to believe that 18 people don't have enough of an opinion at this stage to make a bit of a commitment of this nature, it's not like you're RNGing it

I prefer to use my vote as a statement and a force. It's a resource. It grows in power the less you use it and weakens when you throw it around. There's no reason to haphazardly apply votes at this stage if you don't have a strong feeling about someone. Unless that's your strategy: the prod guy. But I'm not particularly fond of that strategy.

cEvWHPf.gif

"ohhh hi I am Kawl, Blarg made the logo for this game and I am Kawl"

kingkitty

I was getting scummy vibes from coppa and flame at first too, but I cooled on them a bit. Like my one true love said, they aren't being self-conscious in the way scum is usually...

Who is being self-conscious is Launch. And Gor's posts feel like he's compensating for scum guilt with his over-the-top posting. Would vote.

As for whoever asked about kitty, I'd say scum kitty is often a bit more devoid of passion when giving his opinions. As if he is going through the motions.

Vote: Kingkitty

i disagree

interesting that boo yet again grip-ons to what CzarTim has to say about me. might be more understandable if they were partners, but they're not. these eyes remain open.

boo's partner ultrajay only has one post

so does magnum

on the topic of miller: i agree that even if timeflux proves themselves to have a cop ability thanks to the millers, it doesn't prove who the millers are

and if the millers are the millers b/c their alignment will show up as bad, then I guess that might mean there's a cop with the ability to check an alignment. or somehow the miller's issues is that their name changes to something like "wearemcscummyscum" to any namecop, but my gut says that's too much of a stretch.

what i don't think is the right course of action is to kill off the millers today. i want to see how the timeflux-blargkawl pans out on Day 2, it sounds very exciting. killing the millers right now would take away the opportunity for us to crack open this timeflux conundrum. long live blargkawl.

Top Bottom