• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Confirmed!

WillyFive

ShockingAlberto said:
Yeah, I'm sure Nintendo's making deals to get Sega to put Sonic titles on the Wii

Part of me senses this is sarcasm, but to be sure, Sonic is a big property in the western markets.

Struct09 said:
Does this make Mario one of his shitty friends now?

No, Sonic is.

Mario always cancels out Sonic.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
NGamer do like a joke, but they've had some big scoops. One of their editors used to work for Nintendo of Europe, another former staffer works at Rare, they are very plugged in with Nintendo. They were the first to report on Twilight Princess on Wii and Resident Evil DS. They don't just pull rumours out of nowhere. I could probably see Sonic as an NPC in Galaxy 2, but a playable character seems a stretch, unless it's in a multiplayer mode/new game +.

Willy105 said:
Part of me senses this is sarcasm, but to be sure, Sonic is a big property in the western markets.
And Sonic games sell best on the Wii. Nintendo doesn't have to make deals for anything, keeping Sonic off the Wii is a money-losing situation for Sega.

An awesome game would be Mario jumping from game galaxy to game galaxy.

Green Hill Galaxy, Dracula Castle Galaxy, Dr Wily's Galaxy, Shadow Moses Galaxy, ...

Pyrokai

I'm literally sick to my stomach about this news. I hope to god it isn't true. It would take tons of quality points away from the game, good or not, for me *personally*.

Bentendo

Ushojax said:
NGamer do like a joke, but they've had some big scoops. One of their editors used to work for Nintendo of Europe, another former staffer works at Rare, they are very plugged in with Nintendo. They were the first to report on Twilight Princess on Wii and Resident Evil DS. They don't just pull rumours out of nowhere. I could probably see Sonic as an NPC in Galaxy 2, but a playable character seems a stretch, unless it's in a multiplayer mode/new game +.

I don't see the point of adding Sonic if he wasn't a playable character.

Akihabara said:
An awesome game would be Mario jumping from game galaxy to game galaxy.

Green Hill Galaxy, Dracula Castle Galaxy, Dr Wily's Galaxy, Shadow Moses Galaxy, ...
This is like Brawl

but only Mario being the playable character

which does not make sense, because fan service games doesn't work this way

While I think the Olympic Sonic/Mario games sold pretty well, I have a hard time believing Nintendo would "pollute" a proper Mario game with other franchises. (Not that I have anything against Sonic.) Still, it would be pretty hilarious if Nintendo EAD is the first developer to nail 3D Sonic.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's all a joke and it's actually Il Piantissimo in a Sonic like costume.

100px-Piantissimo.jpg

NeonZ

Sega used Mario in Mario&Sonic at the Olympic games and Nintendo used Sonic in Smash Bros... Sega used Mario again in the Winter Olympics, but Nintendo hasn't used Sonic again on anything. So, this could make some sense... if Galaxy weren't a "proper" Mario game.

Even so, I'd react positively to these news, I guess, but I'm biased towards multiple playable characters, even in games where that isn't necessary, as long as they aren't restricted to different areas due to radically different gameplay. I think the 3d Sonic games are an example of how multiple characters shouldn't be done, while the 2d Sonic games are actually good examples.

I think it'd be cool if there were 1 galaxy featuring Sonic, maybe even have Luigi team up with Tails.

But just 1. No more, no less.

Door2Dawn said:
So this rumor has been confirmed fake right?

edit: Now that i watched that video, sonic being in smg2 wouldn't be too absurd.

So it became less absurd once you saw a hedgehog wearing skis fly through space?

Duane Cunningham said:
There sure are a lot of Silver fans in YouTube comments.

SilverSoul1000 said:
Ye I agree Silver is awesome! I only just discovered that u can get him in this game! It would be SOOOO cute if him and Blaze could do a skating duet!! =3 tht would b EPIC!!!

Yeah, cute... more like goddamn creepy.

Bentendo said:
Wait, how can you ski jump in space? That's humorous.

SIR ISAAC NEWTON IS THE DEADLIEST SON OF A BITCH IN SPACE

ONCE YOU SKI JUMP A HEDGEHOG, IT WILL KEEP GOING. IT WILL RUIN SOMEONE'S DAY, SOMEWHERE, SOMETIME.

Id love to see Nintendo do Sonic. I think they did a wonderful job with him in Brawl. :lol

Weather sonic is in it or not, I'm sure it would just be a small nod to sonic. Not that he is a REAL part of the game... come on now people.

NeonZ

SnakeSlashRO said:
Id love to see Nintendo do Sonic. I think they did a wonderful job with him in Brawl. :lol

Weather sonic is in it or not, I'm sure it would just be a small nod to sonic. Not that he is a REAL part of the game... come on now people.

I'm pretty sure that if they actually went out of their way to get Sonic's rights for this game, he'd be playable anywhere, like a Luigi-type character.

It'd make no sense to go all the way and restrict it to a single Galaxy. Now, the Sonic based locations/enemies could be restricted to a single Galaxy.

GWX

EmCeeGramr said:
SIR ISAAC NEWTON IS THE DEADLIEST SON OF A BITCH IN SPACE

ONCE YOU SKI JUMP A HEDGEHOG, IT WILL KEEP GOING. IT WILL RUIN SOMEONE'S DAY, SOMEWHERE, SOMETIME.

:lol

Top Bottom