• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 5, 2010

travisbickle said:
Don't be shy, share.
PS3: 23m - 11.4m = 11.6m
360: 32m - 19.0m = 13.0m

Though it doesn't really answer anything because we're missing Canada. Not sure why the other poster would subtract the Japanese numbers from the chart though... given they're not in there to start with. :)

(It does sort of indicate that Sony weren't right when they said the PS3 had outsold the 360 in Europe all that time ago though. Especially given they'd have made up quite a lot of sales after xmas with the slim.)

Psychotext said:
PS3: 23m - 11.4m = 11.6m
360: 32m - 19.0m = 13.0m

Though it doesn't really answer anything because we're missing Canada. Not sure why the other poster would subtract the Japanese numbers from the chart though... given they're not in there to start with. :)

(It does sort of indicate that Sony weren't right when they said the PS3 had outsold the 360 in Europe all that time ago though. Especially given they'd have made up quite a lot of sales after xmas with the slim.)

Except we are not given data on many parts of the EU as well. Also depends if they are just looking at PAL territories as a whole or just the EU, because we see no sales data on lot of the PAL territories so to get a full accurate number is hard to say.

That was the old argument... that Sony was talking about PAL or EMEA. It still didn't really work out, but meh, at least they can't say it again now and kick off the same argument. :lol

As for missing parts of the EU. GFK / Chart Track cover everyone of any significance.

dolemite said:
The 360 is actually comfortably ahead in Europe, that's surprising.

About 1M... not that big a lead. I reckon the PS3 will probably draw even or jump over it in EU this year. Depends a bit on the UK ;) If the 360 continues like a train there it might keep that lead.

felipeko

Just for comparison, here are Activision's last year estimates:
First, starting with a review of the market. Despite the global economic turmoil in 2008, industry fundamentals remained strong. On December 31, the installed base of hardware in North America and Europe for current-gen systems including handheld was 159 million units, an increase of 69% year over year. For calendar year 2009, we expect the installed base of hardware in North America and Europe will be up 8 million units for the PS3 and up 8 million units for the Xbox 360; and we expect the Wii to add more than 16 million units. Finally, we expect handhelds will grow in excess of 21 million units.
http://seekingalpha.com/article/120...ings-call-transcript?page=-1&find=wolfenstein

Would be interesting to see how that actually compares to reality... but I don't think they gave the current numbers last year. Or did they?

itxaka

Defeatist
NemesisPrime said:
About 1M... not that big a lead. I reckon the PS3 will probably draw even or jump over it in EU this year. Depends a bit on the UK ;) If the 360 continues like a train there it might keep that lead.

Well after last generation sales of the Xbox and the PS3 PR claiming they were ahead of the 360 by a couple of millions I would say that is a comfortable head for MS. Amazing how much the market has changed since last gen.

Taurus

Spiegel said:
2zidg7c.png

Spain:

Hardware Sales LTD:

Wii: 2 M
PS3: 1.28 M
Xbox 360: 690k

NDS: 4.8 M
PSP: 2.4 M

Source: Nintendo Spain + GFK
I swear I remember someone recently saying Spain (+Portugal) = Sonyland in some sales-age thread. He based his assumptions to some Sony boss' interview. I find it quite hard to believe after these numbers.

Taurus said:
I swear I remember someone recently saying Spain (+Portugal) = Sonyland in some sales-age thread. He based his assumptions to some Sony boss' interview. I find it quite hard to believe after these numbers.
I think that was just Portugal, rather than Portugal and Spain.

Indyana

Top selling games in Spain since March 7, 2005 to January 3, 2010:

214qs5e.jpg

Source:GFK+Nintendo. Link to bigger image.
Taurus said:
To be fair Sony boss didn't say that. He only made some comparisons to illustrate that PS3 and PSP are selling better in Spain (and Portugal) than in Europe. The journalist was the one that wrote that PS3 was the leading new generation console.
Psychotext said:
I think that was just Portugal, rather than Portugal and Spain.
It was a spanish news site so it was Spain or Spain and Portugal

Moonstone said:
Anybody an idea where to find the german charts?
The former source gamona doesn't provide them anymore. Charts where also on einslive.de but they're gone too.

If I remember correct one could find them in videotext. Does anybody remember where?

At least 4 players has pc charts and console charts seperated by platform, but it would be cool if anybody would find a source for combined console charts, so we can get them here again.

Videotext page 428 @ Pro Sieben still works:

PC
01 (New) Die Sims 3 Luxus Accessoires
02 (New) Star Trek Online - Silver Edition
03 (01) Mass Effect 2
04 (02) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
05 (04) The Sims 3
06 (05) The Sims 2
07 (09) Landwirtschafts-Simulator (err, Agricultural Simulator or sth.)
08 (08) World of Wacraft: WotLK
09 (06) Counter Strike Source
10 (07) The Sims Reiseabenteuer (World Adventures)

Consoles
01 (01) New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii)
02 (05) Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
03 (03) Wii Sports Resort
04 (New) Dante's Inferno (PS3)
05 (07) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)
06 (08) Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Wintergames (DS)
07 (10) New Super Mario Bros. (DS)
08 (Re) Professor Layton und die Schatulle der Pandora (Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box) (DS)
09 (02) Mass Effect 2 (X360)
10 (Re) Fifa 10 (PS3)

Argh, my videotext is buggy, took me like 15 minutes to see all the rankings :lol

- 1 BIOSHOCK 2 XB360 2K GAMES TAKE 2
1 2 JUST DANCE WII UBISOFT UBISOFT
- 3 BIOSHOCK 2 PS3 2K GAMES TAKE 2
3 4 WII SPORTS RESORT WII NINTENDO NINTENDO
9 5 NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. WII WII NINTENDO NINTENDO
10 6 WII FIT PLUS WII NINTENDO NINTENDO
2 7 MASS EFFECT 2 XB360 EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
7 8 CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2 XB360 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
8 9 CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2 PS3 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
14 10 FIFA 10 XB360 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
15 11 FIFA 10 PS3 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
12 12 MARIO KART WII WII NINTENDO NINTENDO
- 13 BIOSHOCK 2 PC 2K GAMES TAKE 2
13 14 FORZA MOTORSPORT 3 XB360 MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
5 15 DANTE'S INFERNO XB360 EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
6 16 DANTE'S INFERNO PS3 EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
- 17 BAYONETTA PS3 SEGA SEGA
25 18 MARIO & SONIC AT OLYMPIC WINTER GAMES WII SEGA SEGA
- 19 BAYONETTA XB360 SEGA SEGA
4 20 MAG PS3 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
18 21 UNCHARTED 2: AMONG THIEVES PS3 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
19 22 NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
16 23 THE SIMS 3: DESIGN & HIGH-TECH STUFF PC EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
22 24 ARMY OF TWO: THE 40TH DAY XB360 EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
- 25 MARIO & SONIC AT OLYMPIC WINTER GAMES DS SEGA SEGA
- 26 MADDEN NFL 10 XB360 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
20 27 WII PLAY WII NINTENDO NINTENDO
36 28 ARMY OF TWO: THE 40TH DAY PS3 EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
- 29 FIFA 10 WII EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
- 30 PEPPA PIG: THE GAME WII P2 GAMES UBISOFT
17 31 FOOTBALL MANAGER 2010 PC SEGA SEGA
- 32 MADDEN NFL 10 PS3 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
- 33 PROFESSOR LAYTON AND PANDORA'S BOX DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
27 34 LEGO BATMAN: THE VIDEOGAME XB360 WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
21 35 ASSASSIN'S CREED II PS3 UBISOFT UBISOFT
26 36 GRAND THEFT AUTO EPISODES - LIBERTY CITY XB360 ROCKSTAR TAKE 2
31 37 BORDERLANDS XB360 2K GAMES TAKE 2
30 38 PURE XB360 DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS
- 39 FERRARI CHALLENGE: TROFEO PIRELLI WII SYSTEM 3 PLAY IT/SYSTEM 3
32 40 EA SPORTS ACTIVE WII EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS

Bayonetta is back after the price crash. It seems to be a genuine tactic, especially with HD games - Release them, then drop the price two or three weeks later followed by a further slash soon after. I just ordered Bayonetta for £17.99 - Less than half I'd have paid had I retained my pre-order in January.

Mael

NemesisPrime said:
Wii expanding lead? Interesting.

So Natal/Arc no effect of Wii demography?

Why should it have?
It's not like competitor1 & competitor1 have anything that looks like Wiifit anyway.

Kenka

sionyboy said:
- 1 BIOSHOCK 2 XB360 2K GAMES TAKE 2
1 2 JUST DANCE WII UBISOFT UBISOFT
- 3 BIOSHOCK 2 PS3 2K GAMES TAKE 2

3 4 WII SPORTS RESORT WII NINTENDO NINTENDO

The fuck ?

edit :

Guess Who's the Daddy?

15/Feb/2010

It’s no shock which title is at No1 this week as Take 2’s sequel ‘Bioshock 2’ gets off to a rapturous start.

Just like Take 2’s ‘Grand Theft Auto IV’ (which was their last No1 back in 2008), ‘Bioshock 2’ saw a Tuesday release and overtakes ‘Mass Effect 2’ as the biggest release this year so far. Ubisoft’s ‘Just Dance’ shows great legs staying at No2 again this week, followed by EA’s ‘FIFA 10’ which is up 53% in sales and has moved up two places to No3 thanks to price promotions. Activision’s ‘Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2’ slips down to No4 while the next three places are held by Nintendo with ‘Wii Sports Resort’ at No5, ‘New Super Mario Bros. Wii’ at No6 and ‘Wii Fit Plus’ at No7.

Last week’s No1, EA’s ‘Mass Effect 2’, has dropped down to No8 with a decrease of 58% of sales. EA’s Dante’s Inferno’ also has a heavy drop from No4 to No9, while Sega’s ‘Bayonetta’ moves in the opposite direction, up from No38 to No10.

Top Bottom