• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt Red's financial results and strategy

boskee

CD Projekt's conference has now ended. It was available here http://platforma.livingmedia.pl/cdprojekt/160218002/index.php

Some information:
- Combined sales of all Witcher games is now over 20 million copies
- Plan for 2016: A new type of video game format previously unexplored by the Studio
- Digital sales of the Witcher 3 - 31.6% representing 50.2% of the revenue

Plans for 2017-2021:
- Release of Cyberpunk 2077
- "We aren't a long way away from the premiere" - Adam Badowski on the state of the development of Cyberpunk 2077
- Release of another AAA RPG
- Expansion of core franchises with additional media content and product lines
- Two fold expansion of the CDPR team - creation of four individual teams, two of them tasked with the development of of games representing new segments
- Establishment of new local branches of CDPR in key territories

GOG.com in 2016:
- Release of an AAA game unaffiliated with GOG, with full support of GOG Galaxy- concurrent with global release date.
- More global releases of AAA titles with Galaxy support coming in 2017-2021

Misc:
- Share price increased by 353% in the last 4 years
- CDPR to buy back shares in the future

hnWc6NR.png

Seems pretty doable, expansion seems about right as long as the 'key territories' part doesn't end up spreading them too thin.

Congrats to the team, they definitely have my support.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Success fully deserved. Top marks for a studio that delivered one of my favourite gaming experiences of all time with Witcher 3. Cyberpunk 2077 can't come soon enough.

I wonder if the new type of game they're touting is in the VR space.

A-V-B

I'm really happy this isn't an announcement that CD Projekt Red was getting bought out by Vivendi or something.

Piggus

Success fully deserved. Top marks for a studio that delivered one of my favourite gaming experiences of all time with Witcher 3. Cyberpunk 2077 can't come soon enough.

Can't agree more. I think I'm more hyped for Blood and Wine than just about any full game coming out this year.

Also, it's obviously VR Gwent. :)

Maximo

Witcher 3 has defiantly hit my top 10 favorite games of all time, the company deserves all the success and im watching what they do in the future like a hawk.

Phinor

Hopefully they won't grow too much and lose their polish magic.

Growing too much too fast is always a huge concern (for me?). So many companies fail few years after doing that, or their products become shit. I don't think CD Projekt Red or Paradox are immune to this either, so we can only hope it turns out well..

leeh

Well deserved, the first game this gen which I dropped my life for an put in double digits of hours within days.

Did they release digital numbers between PC & Console? Rather than grouped?

boskee

Please be a Gwent card game.

"You will understand what it means when it comes. I can't talk more about it at this point."

Personally I think it's VR stuff although they have recently shot some kind of an ad or real-life short where actors cosplaying Witcher characters played Gwent.

All the success of CDPR is fully deserved, TW3 is one of my favourite games ever, easily top 5.

Just started Hearts of Stone and loving every single minute of it.

How long you guys think until Cyberpunk 2077?
I'm dying here even for a screen shot haha

Nordicus

GOG.com in 2016:
- Release of an AAA game unaffiliated with GOG, with full support of GOG Galaxy
Wait, did they get a AAA game company to release their game DRM-free, or will this be an online, largely multiplayer game?

Or is this GOG getting another slightly older triple-A game in their selection like the Darksiders games?

boskee

Wait, did they get a AAA game company to release their game DRM-free, or will this be an online, largely multiplayer game?

Or is this GOG getting another slightly older triple-A game in their selection like the Darksiders games?

They have someone who will release their AAA game DRM-free with full multiplayer support on GOG. We're talking new title - concurrent with global release date.

More global releases of AAA titles with Galaxy support coming in 2017-2021

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Plans for 2017-2021:
- Release of Cyberpunk 2077

I don't mind waiting to 2017 but having to possibly wait until 2021?

As for the new game this year then I am interested in what that will be.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
They have someone who will release their AAA game DRM-free with full multiplayer support on GOG

This would not be EA or Ubisoft, clearly.

If I had to make a bet... I'd say it's Sega, and the game is Total War: Warhammer.

boskee

I don't mind waiting to 2017 but having to possibly wait until 2021?

As for the new game this year then I am interested in what that will be.

Trust me, it will be closer to 2017. They need time to develop and release the second AAA title in that period.

Well deserved. I wasn't a fan of Witcher 1 or 2 but 3 was right up my alley even if it did suffer from Ubisoftopenworlditis with all the points of interest.

CDPR represents the best of what video game companies have to offer in an increasingly anti consumer market. They're a god damn gem and deserve every ounce of success.

boskee

Kicinski (CEO) refused to answer whether or not the new title coming this year is related to The Witcher or Cyberpunk franchises.

Adry9

We'll probably get to see some gameplay from Cyberpunk next year but I think it'll be set to release 2018, with a possible delay to 2019.

Auctopus

So, hopefully we'll see Cyberpunk 2077 in 2017 and not later in to that timeframe.

Also, I'm gonna guess that the new format is a Gwent Card Game.

Mendrox

These guys deserve everything. Congratulations to CD Project Red. I also loved to read the story how Witcher got made and all... amazing how much they grew in that short time and still are themselves which I really appreciate.

I also didn't have many bugs with their games so I am not angry at them for that (and also big worlds and no bugs? almost impossible).

boskee

"We aren't a long way away from the premiere"

- Adam Badowski on the state of the development of Cyberpunk 2077

boskee

The Witcher 3 has revised their approach to Cyberpunk 2077. They are now aiming higher, going for a more revolutionary, more complex game.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
- Plan for 2016: A new type of video game format previously unexplored by the Studio

Please be Gwent standalone released on PS4/XB1/PC. You should be able to play with a friend using a second controller or of course play someone online.

At the same time release all Gwent faction decks for purchase individually or as a set.

boskee

"All our productions will be somehow linked to the web. We will reveal more in the future."

- when asked about multiplayer mode in Cyberpunk 2077.

Top Bottom