• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Time Dilemma: first trailer released [3DS and Vita 6/28, Steam TBA]

Parablank

so what do you guys think the
vote deadline
is going to be?

3wc7zcO.png

Volcynika

Judging the entirety of the VA off probably around a minute is the dumbest thing I've seen in a while. Bad first impression or not, yeesh some of the comments.

Bowlie

Banned
Judging the entirety of the VA off probably around a minute is the dumbest thing I've seen in a while. Bad first impression or not, yeesh some of the comments.

I said that I was going for japanese audio but it wasn't for that. I always play my games this way, with original audio and subtitles.

Eric is pointing a gun at Sigma so I guess the teams aren't completely isolated from one another.

we said in the previous thread that team Q might be in the past/future, guess that debunks that.

Yeah idk, not really feeling how much they're playing up the blood and death. I never really thought that 999 necessarily reveled in its violence, outside of the lame corpse descriptions, but this really feels like it is. Personally thought VLR felt plenty tense without it.

Still, I'm much more interested in where they take the story after VLR than the tone of the game, so I'm still really stoked to see how things tie up.

Volcynika

I said that I was going for japanese audio but it wasn't for that. I always play my games this way, with original audio and subtitles.

That's no biggie. But just seeing random "this dub is awful/trash" and going off so little material is jumping the gun pretty much.

Eh, could be better but not as bad as expected. The mechanic with everyone losing their memory is... Incredibly unfortunate, but it might be able to pull past that.

Zero's voice is awesome. He's easily the best thing about this game so far.

Was that Sigma in a room with Q and Eric? If so, one of my biggest complaints about the game (the characters being split into three the whole time like the boring escape rooms instead of being together as a huge group) might have been alleviated.

The gore looks hilarious rather than 999's seriousness. That could go either way.

The RNG choices sound terrible. Hopefully there's a way around that.

I actually think the models look ok instead of terrible (but I liked VLR's, so...)

Eh, the VA for VLR sounded pretty bad on the preview site. These could still be good. There was no way they were getting Baker and Bailey back, so hopefully people aren't surprised. I thought someone said before that Karen Strassman wasn't coming back? Was that confirmed?

Will crash a friend's house and watch him play on the release date, unless someone is streaming. They have those things that let you stream from Vita and 3DS, right? The name is escaping me.

wbEMX

Never got around to play the Zero Escape trilogy, but I'll bite as soon as 999 and VLR come out on Steam. My friends are really into this series, so I got interested.

Fucking rad. I loved it. So glad we're getting this at all.

Guess I'd better get that GAF Plays thread ready for May so we can go through parts 1 and 2.

redhood56

Banned
I really have to see the slower segments of the game to really judge the voice acting. The trailer was all death and screaming.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I am glad this is coming out in mere months.

I dont understand why are they so westernized though. I couldn't recognize the older casts like Sigma.

Here’s the main gimmick, as described by Kirk: “The narrative trick is that every 90 minutes, a drug is injected from the watches everyone’s wearing that causes them to wake up and lose all their memories. The story can be played out of chronological order thanks to this mechanic, so you start from a ‘floating fragment’ screen that shows you the various scenes in the story.” It looks like this:

Zero's like fuck yo espers

Two Words

What's the explanation behind Junpei's change in hair color? Why did he go from brown to black? Is it just a "lol we changed our minds" sort of thing?

Trace

Banned
So I've never played a game in this series, and AFAIK the first was only released for DS and later iOS? I have a Vita to play the second one, is it ok to just jump in from there?

shtkn

i wonder what those numbers at the top right of the screenshots mean... i think they're supposed to be security camera-esque metadata, who knows, maybe it's related to the 'twist' of this game?

Soriku

Yeah, I know. I'm almost positive I read someone from Aksys say ZTD would be compatible, and I'm hoping it is too since I'd rather play it that way.

Ah, OK. I'd be willing to get a Vita TV for this game (not that they're THAT expensive) plus some others.

Top Bottom