• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF - Twice the price, a year late, filtered and seized by customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernbaum

You could use it as a paper weight for the Canon's instruction manual, to eliminate the annoying flapping noise that paper makes when the ceiling fan in your room is on the highest speed setting.

Mush

Aspiring said:
On another FUCK YOU Wellington. I had a multi going worth about $680 and had everything get up, just needing them to win in normal time, and they screwed me over. What makes it worse is that i chucked them on last for that extra leg, and they won in extra time. For that i hope Sydney kicks your ass.
Oh oh but those bitter tears are so delicious! :lol

In seriousness, let this be a leason to you. The Caketin = A fucking fortress. Bad luck dude. I honestly think Sydney is going to end our little run of wins. :(

Rlan

JB Hi Fi Online sent my Sonic & Sega All Star Racing (with Banjo and Kazooie) last Tuesday, and I've still not received it.

Fuck.

hamchan

evlcookie said:
That camera is awesome!

More body lotion. We need pics ham :lol

zycaz9.jpg

Seems to be the same lotion as everyone else. :lol

Rahk said:
Pics of it in use. Ohh yeah!

You might not like the body part I'll probably lotion. :lol

Deeku

Yeah that's the one I got too. I took the sponge out and threw the rest in the bin.

I think the sponge might be useful if you know what I'm sayin'.

Mar

Rlan said:
JB Hi Fi Online sent my Sonic & Sega All Star Racing (with Banjo and Kazooie) last Tuesday, and I've still not received it.

Fuck.

That doesn't sound good man.

Bernbaum said:
Sorry Mar, I really did not like Space Giraffe.

If you found something to enjoy out of it, then more power to you.

Ahh well, hopefully you got 2 dollars worth at least. There are many worse things to spend it on.

What didn't you like about it in particular?

Kritz

Banned
hey guys

there's this sweet new site called "box of jizz" where you have the possibility of winning anything valued between a tissue with my semen in it, or Borderlands PC.

All you have to do is paypal me $11 to enter.

legend166

Lotion? What is this, Richard Marsland's (RIP) Emporium?

On another note, I was just flicking through channels and saw Good Game was reviewing FF13. I've payed practically zero attention to that game. Why does it sound so horrible? I let out an audible sigh when he talked about the 'Paradigm Shift'. Also, why does one of the characters have a really bogan Aussie accent?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Ventron said:
So Choc, what was this competition you were proposing? :lol

I'm guessing he is going to send someone a review copy of a game ps3 or 360. Not sure what he has on offer!

Kritz said:
hey guys

there's this sweet new site called "box of jizz" where you have the possibility of winning anything valued between a tissue with my semen in it, or Borderlands PC.

Just no no no krtiz. I will stick with my bag of crap

Bernbaum

Mar said:
That doesn't sound good man.

Ahh well, hopefully you got 2 dollars worth at least. There are many worse things to spend it on.

What didn't you like about it in particular?
For a simple arcade game, it's hard to get into. I don't like the visual style at all - it's too 'abrasive'. It's difficult to see what I'm doing - the 'jump' isn't animated well and it's difficult to get the timing and spacing right of a jump over a group of enemies. It feels very unresponsive - whenever I smash a group of enemies with laser fire or unleash a bomb, it's hard to gauge how well I did because of the nasty presentation. It certainly feels like a game that was made by just one guy. I can usually get lost in simple arcade games very easily but there's a lot of poor, albeit small, design choices that stack up to make it a very unengaging experience for me.

I would, however, like to read your thoughts on the game. I only gave it about an hour or so and did a peripheral scan of reviews after playing it but it looks like one of those 'love it or hate it' kinda games. Did you have a write-up on your Gamasutra blog?

hamchan

legend166 said:
On another note, I was just flicking through channels and saw Good Game was reviewing FF13. I've payed practically zero attention to that game. Why does it sound so horrible? I let out an audible sigh when he talked about the 'Paradigm Shift'. Also, why does one of the characters have a really bogan Aussie accent?

The bogan Australian voices bother me. Hopefully it won't impact too greatly when I start playing it tomorrow. Also why does "Paradigm Shift" sound bad? From what I hear it's a really fantastic battle system.

Agyar

hamchan said:
The bogan Australian voices bother me. Hopefully it won't impact too greatly when I start playing it tomorrow. Also why does "Paradigm Shift" sound bad? From what I hear it's a really fantastic battle system.

Sounds like someone at Square got their bullshit bingo card mixed in with the design meeting minutes and nobody noticed until it was too late.

JMizzlin

Rlan said:

Fuck.

Did you order last Tuesday, or did they actually ship it?

I ordered the Beatles: Rock Band bundle for 360 last Tuesday night, and am still waiting for it to ship up here to Brisbane.

Mar

Bernbaum said:
For a simple arcade game, it's hard to get into. I don't like the visual style at all - it's too 'abrasive'. It's difficult to see what I'm doing - the 'jump' isn't animated well and it's difficult to get the timing and spacing right of a jump over a group of enemies. It feels very unresponsive - whenever I smash a group of enemies with laser fire or unleash a bomb, it's hard to gauge how well I did because of the nasty presentation. It certainly feels like a game that was made by just one guy. I can usually get lost in simple arcade games very easily but there's a lot of poor, albeit small, design choices that stack up to make it a very unengaging experience for me.

I would, however, like to read your thoughts on the game. I only gave it about an hour or so and did a peripheral scan of reviews after playing it but it looks like one of those 'love it or hate it' kinda games. Did you have a write-up on your Gamasutra blog?

Ahh, well, it sounds like you're just tapping the jump button? If you hold it in you can stay up in the air for about 3 or 4 seconds.

No fault of yours of course. The game is notorious for not telling the player anything about the mechanics. For instance, the first time I played through all 100 levels I had no idea you could sweep your shots left and right with the right analogue stick...

Here's what I said about Space Giraffe. http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/MarcBell/20100106/4023/Games_of_the_Year__Part_2__2007.php

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I reckon my lavender will turn up tomorrow and my blurays. I hope i get some other piece of crap, so we have a good range of crap :D

Also my beard has knots. I love and hate this beard.

Kirby102

Man, depressing how everyone is sorta getting the same thing :lol

Yeah my bro also got the Body Lotion + Body Butter combo... but Satin Roses... >_>

2mngmkh.jpg

Now to hope for the best as to what I got...

trinest

Kritz said:
hey guys

Knowing my luck I would get the semen.

Deeku

Kirby102 said:
Man, depressing how everyone is sorta getting the same thing :lol
Yeah, I'm actually kinda bummed out about it. Luckily I have some games and a plush Pichu coming this week which fixes everything.

And yeah, the voices for FF13 are stupid. They really should have put the japanese vo on the disc.

Rlan

I got my crap! A Digital VIDEO Camera!

dv30b1.jpg

I don't have 3 AAA's and an extra SD card handy, so I can't test it out :)

And JB sent my package on Tuesday, I ordered it the week before.

Aon

commanderdeek said:
Yeah, I'm actually kinda bummed out about it. Luckily I have some games and a plush Pichu coming this week which fixes everything.

And yeah, the voices for FF13 are stupid. They really should have put the japanese vo on the disc.

4 DVDS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom