• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alex Jabailey (community manager) leaves Iron Galaxy

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Alex was a terrible community manager.

There I said it.

But hey good luck to him.

Busaiku

What the heck is going on!
61dogyc.png

I still don't get what this thread is supposed to be about. But anyway, concerning Kozlowsky, he was the guy that people were so excited about Retro getting because he worked at Naughty Dog. Funnily enough he only worked at ND for about nine months. And then he was the one how posted before Tropical Freeze was announced that the at the time unannounced game would be his crowning achievement as an artist.

He also said something about how insanely competitive the art department is at ND and that Retro was a much better fit for him. He created levels such as Frosty Fruits and Aqueduct Assault. Dude clearly can't sit still in any one place too long though judging by his portfolio. He's at his third different company since leaving Retro.

Von Koz

Neo Member
I still don't get what this thread is supposed to be about. But anyway, concerning Kozlowsky, he was the guy that people were so excited about Retro getting because he worked at Naughty Dog. Funnily enough he only worked at ND for about nine months. And then he was the one how posted before Tropical Freeze was announced that the at the time unannounced game would be his crowning achievement as an artist.

He also said something about how insanely competitive the art department is at ND and that Retro was a much better fit for him. He created levels such as Frosty Fruits and Aqueduct Assault. Dude clearly can't sit still in any one place too long though judging by his portfolio. He's at his third different company since leaving Retro.

Dude first of all that fucking "quote" about crowning achievement lifted from my art blog and referred to possibly illustrating my brothers novel.

Yeah I left Naughty Dog after 9 months, so what? I am insanely proud of the work I did there, and I have MANY friends still there. I recently visited the offices and they asked if I was coming back. I left ND because I got an offer to Lead an original IP at Square-Enix which unfortunately was canceled and I and the rest of the team was laid off.

I was at Retro for OVER 4 years. Hardly jumping around. Bioware was a contract position, not a permanent gig. So I was only at ONE other studio since Retro.

Educate yourself before you go online and make an ass of yourself

Dude first of all that fucking "quote" about crowning achievement lifted from my art blog and referred to possibly illustrating my brothers novel.

Yeah I left Naughty Dog after 9 months, so what? I am insanely proud of the work I did there, and I have MANY friends still there. I recently visited the offices and they asked if I was coming back. I left ND because I got an offer to Lead an original IP at Square-Enix which unfortunately was canceled and I and the rest of the team was laid off.

I was at Retro for OVER 4 years. Hardly jumping around. Bioware was a contract position, not a permanent gig. So I was only at ONE other studio since Retro.

Educate yourself before you go online and make an ass of yourself.

My favourite threads on GAF are where it turns out the dev we're talking about has an account, intervenes and makes fools out of us.

Love your art btw.

Camjo-Z

alex jebailey is that community manager based on the divekick character right

Educate yourself before you go online and make an ass of yourself.

Supreme Victory!

PERFECT

El Sloth

Banned
My favourite threads on GAF are where it turns out the dev we're talking about has an account, intervenes and makes fools out of us.

Love your art btw.
it's my favorite thing. It reminds me of the know-it-all kid getting called out at school for bullshitting something.

Educate yourself before you go online and post stuff.

Stay awesome man. Fucking loved Windmill Hills <3

Shiggy

I"d rather believe TheSpaceBetween. He surely knows you better than yourself.

Honestly, why does TheSpaceBetween have such a grudge against you?

Von Koz

Neo Member
I"d rather believe TheSpaceBetween. He surely knows you better than yourself.

Honestly, why does TheSpaceBetween have such a grudge against you?

Probably salty we made DKC:TF instead of the imaginary super game everyone thought we were making.

Is this topic about two different people? Are they one and the same? I am so confused...
I like the business cards though, they make sense.

wtf is going on here

I love that the dev showed up, but apparently this thread isn't even about him anymore? wtf?

Probably salty we made DKC:TF instead of the imaginary super game everyone thought we were making.

Yo DKC:TF was my imaginary super game

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Well, this thread certainly took an interesting turn. "Nexus of Hardcore Gamers," indeed.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus

YES

MzYeOy3.gif

HykCraft

Neo Member
WTF is going on here...

We have a post that talks about Eric Kozlowsky working for Lab Zero, a title that talks about Jebailey leaving IG, and then half way down the post is the actual Jebailey information.

I don't even...

I thought Neogaf frowned upon posts like this...

Sad to see Jabailey leave IG but best of luck to him on his next chapter.

As for the rest of this thread, seeing a GAFer getting destroyed by a dev is always good times.

Exodust

Banned

You get the dumbshit "videogame insiders" who only really guess on stuff they read somewhere else, sadly comes with the videogame forum territory. Thank you for calling him out and giving us some entertainment out of it.

Keep up the good work.

Damn.

Just...damn.

Anyway, all the best to you Jebailey. Bigger and brighter things and all that.

Kaako

Felium Defensor

This put a smile on my face.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
What the heck is going on!

Good luck in your future career.

Can I ask? Did Microsoft give you guys like no money for marketing or anything for Season 3? Because the messaging, reveals and just general communication around Season 3 wasn't great. Which sucks for a game that needs all the positive exposure it can get.

Killer Instinct is fucking amazing.

OmegaDL50

Hopefully things work out well for Jebailey. Going to miss his hype talk on Killer Instinct. Best of luck on whatever he does next.

Killer Instinct is fucking amazing.

Agreed, one of the best fighting games I've played in a long time. Even though getting into it so late on the PC.

I wonder what it was like being the early adopter at Season 1 before all of the balancing chances and only a roster of 8. Seeing the where it is now, It has come a long way

Oh man! Small world, I went to school with Koz. Remember the Bobolo! For a minute there I thought I was dreaming when I opened the thread about IG and the first post is about Eric for some reason.

First off, dude, no offense but the context of that quote sounded much more like the game you were working on and not what you say it was. But alas, maybe YOU should explain things more clearly so people don't misinterpret you?

Secondly, I wasn't attacking you. I was just stating the fact that you've jumped around a lot, which again, is a fact, whether part of the work was contract or not. And yes, four years, quite some time. About the cycle of a single game in this day and age. But I'm sure you love seeing those posts about being the big "Naughty Dog guy" that Retro acquired.

But yes, take all that praise without correcting people. What about Ryan and Chuck and and the other artists and designers that have been there since Prime 1? No one mentions them at all. Nope lets all praise and get excited about the Naughty Dog guy, who GAF STILL goes on about and not correct them, even though you don't work at Retro.

But of course, you come in and correct and embarrass me, the person that DOES do research. Way to be a pro.

First off, dude, no offense but the context of that quote sounded much more like the game you were working on and not what you say it was. But alas, maybe YOU should explain things more clearly so people don't misinterpret you?

Secondly, I wasn't attacking you. I was just stating the fact that you've jumped around a lot, which again, is a fact, whether part of the work was contract or not. And yes, four years, quite some time. About the cycle of a single game in this day and age. But I'm sure you love seeing those posts about being the big "Naughty Dog guy" that Retro acquired.

But yes, take all that praise without correcting people. What about Ryan and Chuck and and the other artists and designers that have been there since Prime 1? No one mentions them at all. Nope lets all praise and get excited about the Naughty Dog guy, who GAF STILL goes on about and not correct them, even though you don't work at Retro.

But of course, you come in and correct and embarrass me, the person that DOES do research. Way to be a pro.
You honestly should have just held that first L and kept it moving.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!

giphy.gif

Top Bottom