• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Return of the ugly red box: New PS3 GH titles

ghostmind

From the latest Walmart flyer:

Killzone 2
Resistance 2
inFAMOUS
LittleBigPlanet GOTY Edition
UFC Undisputed

Are all getting the GH treatment, complete with snazzy new red PS3 stripe at the top.

EDIT:
f3ckqs.jpg

I suppose Killzone's online community will get a second wind, since it's dropping from $60 straight to $30. Sony should take a page out of Microsoft's book and try more gradual price drops sooner after launch for their first party titles. On a related note, Nintendo should have a "Player Choice" line for the DS and Wii. I want Tetris DS, dammit.

KZObsessed

oh... I thought KZ2 was already a GH release. I guess I just assumed as it's been Platinum in Europe for a while.

It just reached 2 million on the leaderboards, be interesting to see how much that increases over the next few months.

Massa

animlboogy said:
Little Big Planet! Yes!

I heard bad things about Resistance 2 over the first, anyone care to elaborate?

It's a Cod4-esque game, so fans of the original were pretty pissed as that's a big departure from the first.

Pretty good though and definitely worth playing.

GurgleBot20 said:
These are 30$ right? If so, I'll gladly buy Little Big Planet.

You are correct, it comes with the Metal Gear levels which are awesomely done. Doesn't come with the Pirates/water though but thats only 5 bucks if memory serves.

Forbiden

Isn't UFC Undisputed already a Greatest Hits title? Last time I stopped by the electronics department at wal mart I noticed that it had the red sticker they put on shit that turns into greatest hits.

And would Resistance 2 be worth picking up at that price? I really enjoyed the first, but a couple of friends recommended me to go with Killzone 2 instead of Resistance, so I still havent picked it up yet, although at a reduced price it sure is tempting.

shwimpy

It's confirmed that it's the GOTY version? I woulda thunk that it'd be the first release. That's good news for those that don't have the game yet. The Metal Gear pack is awesome.

Snaku

Banned
I'll get Killzone 2, Infamous, and LBP before the red versions flood the market. So glad Nintendo has not instituted a greatest hits line yet. Just mark down the games ffs.

And would Resistance 2 be worth picking up at that price? I really enjoyed the first, but a couple of friends recommended me to go with Killzone 2 instead of Resistance, so I still havent picked it up yet, although at a reduced price it sure is tempting.

Yes. Don't listen to all the crap that's thrown around on this board. Pick it up, you'll probably like it.

I passed on Infamous earlier last year so I'll grab it when it hits $30.

ghostmind

shwimpy said:
It's confirmed that it's the GOTY version? I woulda thunk that it'd be the first release. That's good news for those that don't have the game yet. The Metal Gear pack is awesome.

Flyer SKU matches the Walmart SKU for the GOTY - box image also matches.

HYDE

Banned
Now, if they could just rererelease all the other greatest hit rereleases all box art worriers could worry no more.:lol

Banned
Some sample covers for those outside the US.

2710511285_cc539d1701.jpg

2710511241_f467115cab.jpg

I actually really really like them. You have the red box, and just a tiny strip saying "greatest hits". Very subtle, but strong branding. Original artwork and everything. I wouldn't mind having these.

Million times better than the PS3 Platinum that the UK had. I NEVER purchase these. They make me feel poor.

boxrenders1.jpg

Can anyone say "abominations"?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
ctrl-f Heavenly Sword
... :lol

Edit: I, too, prefer the US covers as opposed to what we in PAL Land are offered. My copy of Ninja Gaiden Sigma is a GH title, which I don't mind. However, I can't stand my Platinum copy of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune... which I bought to replace my supposedly broken original copy, only to accidentally use that for one play-through to discover it, somehow, managed to work just fine. Now I have two copies of the game. :lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hmm... $30 Killzone 2 means Gamestop USED (yes, I'm part of the problem) will be $20-25

Maybe want even with the terrible aiming/controls now.

Unless the greatest hits gives the DLC in one package
Sony, and giving things in Greatest Hits/Reissues? HAHAHAHA, THAT IS GOING ON YOUTUBE. :(

Banned
JaseC said:
ctrl-f Heavenly Sword
... :lol

Edit: I, too, prefer the US covers as opposed to what we in PAL Land are offered. My copy of Ninja Gaiden Sigma is a GH title, which I don't mind. However, I can't stand my Platinum copy of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune... which I bought to replace my supposedly broken original copy, only to accidentally use that for one play-through to discover it, somehow, managed to work just fine. Now I have two copies of the game. :lol

Out of curiosity, is the image on the Platinum disk in colour like the original or is it just black?

Apath

The red cases wouldn't be so bad if they looked how they do in those sample pictures, but in reality they are cheap bright red plastic =\ You can always just buy a used copy at Gamestop, swap cases, and then return the Gamestop copy with new red box within 7 days :D

Can't wait to finally buy Infamous!
The better of the two sandbox superhero exclusives.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I like the red boxes, as they allow me to momentarily pretend that HD-DVD won the war.

Banned
Kenak said:
The red cases wouldn't be so bad if they looked how they do in those sample pictures, but in reality they are cheap bright red plastic =\ You can always just buy a used copy at Gamestop, swap cases, and then return the Gamestop copy with new red box within 7 days :D

Can't wait to finally buy Infamous!
The better of the two sandbox superhero exclusives.

I bought the limited edition Infamous before, but traded it because I realised that I hated sandbox games. Few months later, I opened up the box for Katamari Forever, and Lo & behold, Infamous was in there with Katamari. I got €28 for an empty box! haha

Speaking of inFamous in a red box, it'd be awesome if they changed the cover art to feature Evil Cole with red lightning coming out of his arms to go with the red box.

Edit: OH MY GOD THEY DID!!!! :lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
00011000 said:
Out of curiosity, is the image on the Platinum disk in colour like the original or is it just black?

It's in colour. The disc basically follows the same design as the cover. :lol

Top Bottom