• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone accessed my Facebook from an unfamiliar location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevDM

Banned
That's what it said when I logged in last night, and it made me go through some verification pages then told me my account was accessed from the UK (I'm from US).

I don't see how my account would have been hacked because my password would be impossible to guess because it has nothing to do with me and is alphanumeric with caps, like AbCd123.

I'm diligent about internet security, so it's not like I went to a page that looked like facebook.com and typed my info there or anything.

Any idea how this could have happened?

RevDM said:
That's what it said when I logged in last night, and it made me go through some verification pages then told me my account was accessed from the UK (I'm from US).

I don't see how my account would have been hacked because my password would be impossible to guess because it has nothing to do with me and is alphanumeric with caps, like AbCd123.

I'm diligent about internet security, so it's not like I went to a page that looked like facebook.com and typed my info there or anything.

Any idea how this could have happened?

Keylogger?

whitehawk

Banned
Could just be a facebook glitch. I got the same message a while ago, but nothing was wrong with my account. Or maybe you were just hacked, and so was I.

Could be an error of Facebook, misreading your IP as being from another part of the world.

Alternatively, your ISP could have been using a proxy for some reason?

Tacitus_

Did you try to log in from your cellphone? My fb freaked out after using Opera mini which apparently routed traffic to/from Norway (propably their serverside compression).

It was never accessed, this was the real attempt to get your info, and now you gave your info away

040723_MNightShyamalan_bcol_2p.widec.jpg

RevDM

Banned
Tacitus_ said:
Did you try to log in from your cellphone? My fb freaked out after using Opera mini which apparently routed traffic to/from Norway (propably their serverside compression).

I only access my fb from my cellphone, and laptop in no more than 5 locations consistently in the past 3 years.

RevDM

Banned
Keyser Soze said:
It was never accessed, this was the real attempt to get your info, and now you gave your info away

haha, I see what you did there. No, after the verification page I had to change my pw. Then I logged off fb and changed my pw again (paranoid, you see, this is why I don't understand how anyone could have obtained my pw).

I just logged on and got the same facebook thing today, changed my password for facebook, changed my e-mail password also. Weird since my passwords are totally random and not words also.

claviertekky said:
?

It's just a guy smiling with his hands on top of each other.

Director of The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs, The Village... IE. Movies with really dumb plot twists.
'Cept Unbreakable, it's rad.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
The M Night meme isn't funny on its own.. but it's way funny if you followed him. The man made one popular movie with a plot twist, The Sixth Sense (Personally I guessed the twist a mile away and the movie had nothing else going. Fuck that film.), and then he made every single movie with a plot twist after that. I remember he was in a Time magazine cover story as "The Next Spielberg?" (no no no no :lol) and he actually said something like "I have discovered the secret to making a beloved film... it's having a twist!" The man deserves to live on as a ridiculous meme.

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
Inferno313 said:
Director of The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs, The Village... IE. Movies with really dumb plot twists.
'Cept Unbreakable, it's rad.

I was about to punch you in the face if you didn't include the spoilered text. You are redeemed. <3

I got the same message a few days ago. Someone using Opera from a US IP address logged in. Strange. Thankfully nothing important on my FB account lol

unomas

Banned
Did that to me about 2 weeks ago when I went to Hawaii. Said I was trying to access my account from a different location and that I would need to varify different information about myself. Pet's name etc. etc. Sounds like someone got into your account, change that password ASAP.

medrew

I got this message after I logged in from my phone. It didn't recognise my the browser I was using and possibly would depend on how your traffic is routed from your ISP/mobile provider.

trinest

RevDM said:
Hmm....I wonder.

mcrae

Keyser Soze said:

after seeing this stupid asshole's face for years, i have to ask, what the FUCK is this picture from?

/endrage

the picture of the plume shows only northish england and finland covered, no? why is the entire eu done

Puck

Banned
Combichristoffersen said:
It's a shitty, unfunny meme meaning 'what a tweest', i.e. 'lol random unexpected plot change'
Yep.

Has been the shittiest meme on the boards for quite a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom