• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jet Set Radio coming to xbla/psn? Very fake, hype threat level: Green.

Alec

Suzzopher said:
Microsoft should kill switch his debug.

He hasn't left any proof as to who he is...MS would have to grab the IP from YouTube and see if any Dev Kits have been on from that IP, and I don't think they'd go through the trouble. =(

Lijik

Backflip said:
He's now telling me that his stuff comes from "TestNet" which, according to him, is a hidden part of PartnerNet. I've never heard of that so I can't say if it's bullshit or not but I still believe that his screenshots were fake.
:lol Amazing

Aw... this makes me sad.

I was just about to hold out on getting a Dreamcast, now I am probably going to look around for a Dreamcast and a copy of Jet Set Radio and Shenmue.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Will buy if true, though I greatly like Future better.. but both are "games of all-time" titles.

I would really like to see Sega give the go-ahead to Headstrong for their Wii Jet Set Radio, they hit a home run with House of the Dead: Overkill and I think they would do a great job. Though Wii remote use would probably move back to the original's graffiti style though (not a fan of the gestures after the way Future handled it).

Vorador

Banned
Cell_Biology said:
Aw... this makes me sad.

I was just about to hold out on getting a Dreamcast, now I am probably going to look around for a Dreamcast and a copy of Jet Set Radio and Shenmue.

Since there's been leaking of stuff like Sonic Adventure DX, and supposedly Crazy Taxi and/or Jet Set Radio, i suggest to wait a bit until this clears up.

Metalic Sand said:
Future is BC btw and runs perfectly fine.

No, there are instances where the game slows down horribly. It's not often, but when it does happen, it's really bad. The worst part (that I've seen so far; I've yet to beat it) is Highway Zero in the central area (with the huge structure that has dragon sculptures running around it that you can grind). That area is so big, and has so many NPC's walking around, that I always get major slowdown.

Tomasooie

Backflip said:
And besides, that Project Berkley II screen is poorly done.
What screenshot?

Anyway, I don't see why people are so quick to doubt this. The leaked Sega notes from last year confirmed that they're bringing over Dreamcast games to PSN and XBLA, obviously the big SEGA games -- two of which we've already seen: Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi. Jet Set Radio and Shenmue also fall into that group. And this guy, or someone he knows, clearly has PartnerNet access. Even if the screens are fake, and I don't think they are, you can bank on these games showing up.

Backflip

Himuro said:
Because this image is fake doesn't mean JSR isn't coming to xbla/psn.

I agree. Even though I think that dude's making stuff up, JSR and Shenmue II could very well be coming to the XBLA in the future.

Tomasooie said:
What screenshot?

Anyway, I don't see why people are so quick to doubt this. The leaked Sega notes from last year confirmed that they're bringing over Dreamcast games to PSN and XBLA, obviously the big SEGA games -- two of which we've already seen: Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi. Jet Set Radio and Shenmue also fall into that group. And this guy, or someone he knows, clearly has PartnerNet access. Even if the screens are fake, and I don't think they are, you can bank on these games showing up.

This screenshot : http://img25.imageshack.us/i/berkleyii.jpg/ (Ryo's head is messed up)

I think that dude has access to PartnerNet but I also think that he's using what he finds on there to pass fake screen caps as real (like one fake screenshot in between two real ones).

Tomasooie

Backflip said:
This screenshot : http://img25.imageshack.us/i/berkleyii.jpg/ (Ryo's head is messed up)

I think that dude has access to PartnerNet but I also think that he's using what he finds on there to pass fake screen caps as real (like one fake screenshot in between two real ones).
If the screenshot is real, it's a placeholder image which will be replaced by something more professional for the final release. It's not unheard of, especially on PartnerNet.

I remember when Perfect Dark XBLA was leaked, its placeholder image was a blurry picture of the old Joanna's head, before they even redid the character model. Goldeneye XBLA's placeholder icon was an image of Joanna Dark from Perfect Dark Zero.

perfect-dark-bean-518.jpg

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Lijik

Tomasooie said:
If the screenshot is real, it's a placeholder image which will be replaced by something more professional for the final release. It's not unheard of, especially on PartnerNet.

I remember when Perfect Dark XBLA was leaked, its placeholder image was a blurry picture of the old Joanna's head, before they even redid the character model. Goldeneye XBLA's placeholder icon was an image of Joanna Dark from Perfect Dark Zero.

perfect-dark-bean-518.jpg

Explain his bogus TestNet story

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Himuro said:
What makes you think it'd be vastly different, though?
In Sega's case? Probably not much. :lol

In a good company's hands? You'd have improved graphics running at an HD resolution in widescreen, along with achievements, online functionality (if applicable) and extra features not present in the original. Since I have never played Shenmue, I don't know what, if any, of these added features would be a benefit over the resolution jump.. but the framework to make a nicer product than a straight emulation is there.

the biggest question i have about all this is not whether the game is coming.... but why anyone would want sega to revisit any of this?

they've more than proven that they have zero respect for their back catalogue.... after sonic adventure why do you think they are suddenly going to put any effort into Shenmue or JSR?

seriously... sega doesn't give a fuck about you, or your nostalgia. they don't even give a fuck about the value or their own IP.

it's time to let go and move on.

Himuro said:
What makes you think it'd be vastly different, though? You know what would be awesome? Shenmue 1/2 with Japanese voice acting. I wouldn't have to play the DC version of 2 ever again if this happened, but it won't.

I know, I know. lolol weaboo! I'm not usually one to care about Japanese voice acting, but in Shenmue it adds to the atmosphere. A lot. Even in 2 where the game takes place in fucking China.

And to think you defended the horrible English VA in Yakuza 1... smh

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
NinjaFusion said:
the biggest question i have about all this is not whether the game is coming.... but why anyone would want sega to revisit any of this?

they've more than proven that they have zero respect for their back catalogue.... after sonic adventure why do you think they are suddenly going to put any effort into Shenmue or JSR?

seriously... sega doesn't give a fuck about you, or your nostalgia. they don't even give a fuck about the value or their own IP.

it's time to let go and move on.
The ports of Rez and VOOT are aces though.

But yeah, in general, you're right. Their track record indicates this would likely be trash, not treasure.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
icarus-daedelus said:
Because it's JSR. Who gave a fuck about Sonic Adventure in the first place? Shit, who gave a fuck about Sonic after Sonic & Knuckles?

People who didn't learn their lesson, that's who.
The Sonic Adventure thing illustrates how little care Sega can potentially not give to porting a game over, it doesn't have anything to do with how much Sonic games suck. See also: Sonic GBA, Sonic Collection DS, any Genesis game ported by Backbone, etc., etc.

Dresden

I still want Typing of the Dead for the PC! Gametap had it available when I tried out their free trial one month, but it crashed every five minutes with no real support or solutions available.

soultron

Banned
SEGA just needs to do a SEGA classics pack at retail. Bundle up the SEGA GT/JSRF disc, the original JSR, and Shenmue I+II. Maybe some Chu Chu Rocket, etc etc.

I'd pay $50 to have it all on one disc.

Yen

soultron said:
SEGA just needs to do a SEGA classics pack at retail. Bundle up the SEGA GT/JSRF disc, the original JSR, and Shenmue I+II. Maybe some Chu Chu Rocket, etc etc.

I'd pay $50 to have it all on one disc.

Some people would probably pay $50 each if they were updated classics. Á la God of War HD.

Dambrosi

Banned
Yenrot said:
Some people would probably pay $50 each if they were updated classics. Á la God of War HD.
Uh...? It wasn't even $50 on Dreamcast.

What makes it worth that price as a downloadable title, especially since it would have no resale value, etc?

And, technically, GOW Collection was two games. Also, unless my memory is foggy, it wasn't anywhere near $50 either?

Tomasooie

Princess Skittles said:
The Sonic Adventure thing illustrates how little care Sega can potentially not give to porting a game over
There's no way the final port would be released running at 480p. It was a work in progress. Are there even ANY sub-HD 3D XBLA games? I'm sure SEGA knows it would be utterly absurd (even for them) to release any Dreamcast ports at anything less than 720p.

Himuro said:
Isn't Shenmue 2 already on xbla via xbox originals?
Shenmue II is not on Xbox Originals at all. Not in Japan, not anywhere. The game is backwards compatible.

This post sums up how I feel:
Dead Man Typing said:
I love how we've all judged the unreleased Sonic Adventure port. I'm not saying it wont be a terrible port, but there have been unfinished versions of games on Partner Net many times before -- Ikaruga was on there almost a year before it was finally released, and it was a broken, shoddy version that couldn't be finished.

I have hope, that if Sega is working on porting more Dreamcast games to PSN and 360 (as the leaked memo said they would, and their new digital distribution focus would seem to indicate) then they will get the treatment they deserve.

Himuro said:
What makes you think it'd be vastly different, though? You know what would be awesome? Shenmue 1/2 with Japanese voice acting. I wouldn't have to play the DC version of 2 ever again if this happened, but it won't.

I know, I know. lolol weaboo! I'm not usually one to care about Japanese voice acting, but in Shenmue it adds to the atmosphere. A lot. Even in 2 where the game takes place in fucking China.

I like the English dub of Shenmue 1, but the dub for Shenmue II is just terrible. So many repeat voices, unable to ignore the Zhu Yuanda/Yuanda Zhu name screw up, no bad language, Yuan's a women....

There's a lot of reasons to hate the English dub and translation of Shenmue II. When playing the Dreamcast version, it's easier to pretend those flaws in the subtitles and the pitch of Yuan's voice are the way they are meant to be. Shenmue 1's voice acting is pretty lame compared to the best in the industry, but it's got a certain charm to it. Shenmue II's english voice acting runs out of charm very early on.

Good Eng dub > subtitles > bad Eng dub

That is the law.

Oli

So is it safe to say this was bogus? If so that sucks, because I was actually starting to think Sega might have it together.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Oli said:
So is it safe to say this was bogus? If so that sucks, because I was actually starting to think Sega might have it together.
Sounds like this particular shot is fake, but the possibility of it actually happening seems likely.

nexen

PLEASE BE TRUE (although I'd prefer JSRF)

I haven't had access in awhile, but aren't there a lot of spelling mistakes in PartnerNet? I know it used to be a pain to update those things so people wouldn't bother until they had something important or were getting close to ship. Or is that line a standard gui string or something?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Skies of Arcadia with trophy support will make me cry.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
InfiniteNine said:
How dare you even speak of sullying SoA with that bullshit.

I love trophies!

Backflip

The "Xbox360leaker" is now sending me hate mail on YouTube :

ur gay
Why u said i get it from testnet ?
I said SOME PEOPLE CALL THAT TESTNET
I don't know how to call that !
u completly fail

Great isn't it ?

EDIT : Here's what I just got :

and now i CAN'T show u ingame screen or something else cause Microsoft brick my kit for those leak !
So,why they kill my kit ? tell me
Cause it's fucking real

Top Bottom