Originally Posted by Roarer
Swedish mag LEVEL has a 6-page preview of the game in their latest issue. They also interviewed Mikami and Inaba during a conference. A couple of highlights:
• The game is a lot faster than traditional third person shooters. Sam can boost from cover to cover, quick tempo and intensity seems to be keywords when designing the game.
• According to the article, the action is only ever paused to allow Sam to take a couple of drags on his cigarett (which apparently explains the low placement of his visor.
• The game plays more like a shmup a la Sin & Punishment rather than Gears of War.
• Sam carries one gun, which the suit can transform into another gun, for example a shotgun turns into a machine gun. Real-time weapon morphing?!
• close quarter combat plays a major role.
• Mikami admits that the game looks very similar to other shooters on the surface, but promises that the speed and tempo will set it apart.
• Inaba says that "Mikami is free to do whatever he wants"
• The author of the article is not too impressed by neither story nor cinematics and thinks that the game works best when it focuses on the intense action.
• Mikami opens the conference by saying "Is there anyone from IGN here? Thanks for that God Hand review". :-D
All in all it looks pretty awesome, hoping it will deliver a solid gameplay experience a la God Hand.
Sounds fucking sweet.
The IGN bit... :lol