• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Steel 3 confirmed !

cacildo

Evilink said:
So.......RS2 sold.....well?

Serious question, I haven't been keeping score.

Like i said, it sold 50k in 3 or 6 days.
No info aside from that. Its was on the NPD thread (i think)

Gaf went running to say that the game bombed.

I think its a pretty good mark for 3 or 6 days. And it means that word of mouth has some chances to grow.

Like a friend here pointed out, Red Steel 1 sold 80k in its first month and ended up selling more than 1mil.

I'm a little surprised myself, but it's always cool when a good game gets enough critical and public reception to continue its existence so I hope this is legit.

donny2112

cacildo said:
Like a friend here pointed out, Red Steel 1 sold 80k in its first month and ended up selling more than 1mil.

1m is WW shipment total. What region did it sell 80K in the first month in?

Shiggy

http://fr.linkedin.com/in/giraudjeannesylvette
July 2009 — December 2009
Game Design au sein d'une équipe grandissante sur un projet Wii.
Top méga secret!

http://fr.linkedin.com/in/cerdanguillaume/en
July 2009 — Today
* 3D/Technical Artist on a Wii game very expected by Fans (not anounced yet)

http://fr.linkedin.com/pub/aurélien-chiron/8/582/72
Janvier 2010 — Poste actuel
Unannounced Wii game.

http://fr.linkedin.com/pub/jennifer-henry/4/202/142
October 2009 — Today
Unannounced Wii game
Conception and pre-production, 10 to 40 people

Could also be Just Dance 2...

Vizion28

Banned
The final vitality sensor will probably end up being in the form of a wrist or arm strap and be wireless. Or probably be part of the Wiimote as a new battery cover.

I think Nintendo is smart and clever enough to not make it cumbersome.

This sounds like a rumor that's falsely being labeled as news. It just doesn't pass the bullshit test; for this to be true, you have to believe that Ubisoft would have greenlit RS3 before RS2 even shipped, without waiting to see sales figures.

scitek

Father_Brain said:
This sounds like a rumor that's falsely being labeled as news. It just doesn't pass the bullshit test; for this to be true, you have to believe that Ubisoft would have greenlit RS3 before RS2 even shipped, without waiting to see sales figures.

And I doubt that's the case since Vandenberghe would have more than likely been talking about a trilogy during interviews just before the game released and not saying stuff like "IF we do another one".

I put this in the other thread, an interview from a little ways back:

Finally, the question that’s on everyone’s mind: as a sort of unofficial ambassador to the hardcore for Wii products, will you include Wii Vitality Sensor Support in the next Red Steel?

Duh. I intend to include a “zen” mode where if you can keep your heart-rate low, your spirit (re: mana) will regenerate faster, and, to the contrary, if you maintain a high heart-rate, you will generate more rage with each strike, which will allow you to unleash ultra combos.

jrricky

Banned
Eh, I loved Red Steel 2 but give the franchise a little bit to sink in then come back like in 2 years or so (Next Gen).

Amir0x

Banned
Cacildo said:
Like i said, it sold 50k in 3 or 6 days.
No info aside from that. Its was on the NPD thread (i think)

Gaf went running to say that the game bombed.

I think its a pretty good mark for 3 or 6 days. And it means that word of mouth has some chances to grow.

If this news is true, I don't think it says anything one way or the other about sales of Red Steel 2. What it says is that Red Steel 3 was in the works even before Red Steel 2 was out.

(Also, Red Steel 1 sold way more than 80k its first month. Your friend is wrong)

The real shocker is that there are still people who want Red Steel 3. And yet, STILL NO PIKMIN 3 ON WII! :mad:

Penguin

Amir0x said:
If this news is true, I don't think it says anything one way or the other about sales of Red Steel 2. What it says is that Red Steel 3 was in the works even before Red Steel 2 was out.

(Also, Red Steel 1 sold way more than 80k its first month. Your friend is wrong)

The real shocker is that there are still people who want Red Steel 3. And yet, STILL NO PIKMIN 3 ON WII! :mad:

Red Steel 2 was a VAST improvement over the original, and it had its probably, but one of the most refreshing FPSes I've played in some time.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
AmirOx said:

rm5phu.gif

Hint: I'm Kel

Amir0x

Banned
Penguin said:
Red Steel 2 was a VAST improvement over the original, and it had its probably, but one of the most refreshing FPSes I've played in some time.

Like many lauded Wii games, it's a shell of a game heralded merely for its "unique" controls, not for any of its greater design elements. It had a move that literally broke the game balance in half if one ever used it (and why wouldn't you use it? arbitrarily limiting yourself because a game is broke is BAD GAME DESIGN), and boring, tedious walking between awful level design in a game with only the basest shooting mechanics. Shooting mechanics accepted in this day and age only on Wii.

Basically, it's a "proof-of-concept" for the controls, married to horrendous game design. Shocking.

But yeah you can swing your sword around in quaint gestural awkwardness with near 1:1... and there's still input lag. Not my scene.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Late
April fools joke?

I'd adore a Red Steel 3, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Boney

Banned
schuelma said:
I'm calling shenanigans on this for the time being.
Going with this one as well. With Ubisoft scaling down RS2's forecast to half a million ww, and not doing to hot right now I just don't see it.

Amir0x

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:

I'm a mod. I don't have a choice on which scenes I visit! I gotta make sure all threads are policed, unfortunately!

Thought the timing of the announcement was more interesting than the game, thus my comment.

selig

Banned
Call me when Ubisoft starts making interesting games that last 15-20 hours without repetition...oh, and have BLOOD in the game, RED steel >_<

pakkit

Banned
Amir0x said:
I'm a mod. I don't have a choice on which scenes I visit!
:lol

Aw, drat, I liked your original response better.

selig said:
Call me when Ubisoft starts making interesting games that last 15-20 hours without repetition...oh, and have BLOOD in the game, RED steel >_<
It's a hack 'n slash game, you won't find a single game in that genre that fits your criteria.

Amir0x

Banned
pakkit said:
:lol

Aw, drat, I liked your original response better.

I didn't want someone to quote and be like "WHY R U TROLLING DA GAME DEN!?" since people don't understand what trolling means. Gotta avoid the misunderstandings and all that around here ;)

heringer

Amir0x said:
I didn't want someone to quote and be like "WHY R U TROLLING DA GAME DEN!?" since people don't understand what trolling means. Gotta avoid the misunderstandings and all that around here ;)

Amir0x said:
Like most lauded Wii games, it's a shell of a game heralded merely for its "unique" controls, not for any of its greater design elements.

Yeah, that doesn't sound like trolling at all.

Amir0x

Banned
heringer said:
Yeah, that doesn't sound like trolling at all.

That's my legitimate belief, which I've backed up in various debates I'm not going to have here (that most Wii games are proof-of-concepts, not backed up by the quality of their game design). That said, if that's what you take offense with, I understand. Poor choice of words. I'm just angry I wasted money on Red Steel 2. Bitter, if you would.

tmarques

Amir0x said:
Like most lauded Wii games, it's a shell of a game heralded merely for its "unique" controls, not for any of its greater design elements. It had a move that literally broke the game balance in half if one ever used it (and why wouldn't you use it? arbitrarily limiting yourself because a game is broke is BAD GAME DESIGN), and boring, tedious walking between awful level design in a game with only the basest shooting mechanics. Shooting mechanics accepted in this day and age only on Wii.

Basically, it's a "proof-of-concept" for the controls, married to horrendous game design. Shocking.

But yeah you can swing your sword around in quaint gestural awkwardness with near 1:1... and there's still input lag. Not my scene.

Agree with everyhting you said (except I'd say there are TWO moves that break the game), but still had a lot of fun. Go figure.

But, yes, they'll have to raise the bar for RS3.

heringer

tmarques said:
Agree with everyhting you said (except I'd say there are TWO moves that break the game), but still had a lot of fun. Go figure.

But, yes, they'll have to raise the bar for RS3.
One is
The Tiger
, and the other one?
The Cobra?

Anyway I played on Ninja and I didn't feel the game was broken at all. It's not a hard game by any means, but I've certainly played easier games this generation.

Skiesofwonder

Amir0x said:

Amir0x said:
Like most lauded Wii games, it's a shell of a game heralded merely for its "unique" controls, not for any of its greater design elements. It had a move that literally broke the game balance in half if one ever used it (and why wouldn't you use it? arbitrarily limiting yourself because a game is broke is BAD GAME DESIGN), and boring, tedious walking between awful level design in a game with only the basest shooting mechanics. Shooting mechanics accepted in this day and age only on Wii.

Not only do these sound an awfully lot like troll posts, but what is the point you are trying to make here anyways? We get that you don't like Red Steel 2. I (and most other RS2 fans) read all about in the official thread.

Last time I checked.. this is the "Red Steel 3 Confirmed!" thread, not the "Red Steel 2: what did you think?" thread. Your posts so far would basically be the equivalent of me going into the "Gears of War 3 confirmed!" thread and start talking about how flawed the first two were and the chainsaw is broken blah blah blah and end it with "The real shocker is that there are still people who want Gears of War 3. And yet, STILL NO SKIES OF ARCADIA 2 ON 360! :mad:".

Just using GOW3 as an example, I actually love the series. But, you get my point (hopefully).

tmarques

heringer said:
One is
The Tiger
, and the other one?
The Cobra?

Anyway I played on Ninja and I didn't feel the game was broken at all. It's not a hard game by any means, but I've certainly played easier games this generation.

Do we really need to spoiler tag these? Anyway -

Not sure what it was called. The one in which
you step back before rushing forward with a horizontal slash.
Vast majority of enemies seem completely unable to defend themselves against it.

As for
The Tiger
, I don't have a problem with the move itself. In fact, the game needed it. I just wish the game was a little stricter with the window the player is given in which to perform the move. As it is, it's almost impossible to miss.

I think calling the game "broekn" may be exaggerating the matter. But at least on normal, the game becomes easier towards the ends thanks to those moves, instead of harder. It's unsettling.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
I dont have a clue. Some friend a few pages back pointed out. Ask him
You're friend is wrong, but not so wrong to change the point.

Skiesofwonder said:
Not only do these sound an awfully lot like troll posts, but what is the point you are trying to make here anyways? We get that you don't like Red Steel 2. I (and most other RS2 fans) read all about in the official thread.

Last time I checked.. this is the "Red Steel 3 Confirmed!" thread, not the "Red Steel 2: what did you think?" thread. Your posts so far would basically be the equivalent of me going into the "Gears of War 3 confirmed!" thread and start talking about how flawed the first two were and the chainsaw is broken blah blah blah and end it with "The real shocker is that there are still people who want Gears of War 3. And yet, STILL NO SKIES OF ARCADIA 2 ON 360! :mad:".

Just using GOW3 as an example, I actually love the series. But, you get my point (hopefully).
You might be right, but he's a mod, so you're wrong. Just get use to it.

heringer

tmarques said:
Do we really need to spoiler tag these? Anyway -

Not sure what it was called. The one in which
you step back before rushing forward with a horizontal slash.
Vast majority of enemies seem completely unable to defend themselves against it.

As for
The Tiger
, I don't have a problem with the move itself. In fact, the game needed it. I just wish the game was a little stricter with the window the player is given in which to perform the move. As it is, it's almost impossible to miss.

I think calling the game "broekn" may be exaggerating the matter. But at least on normal, the game becomes easier towards the ends thanks to those moves, instead of harder. It's unsettling.
To be honest, at least on Ninja, I would have a couple moments of frustration if the horizontal slash move didn't exist. :lol

Only glaring problem I had with the difficulty was the last boss. Way too easy. Other than that I think it was fine for the most part.

cacildo

Amir0x said:

He´s your friend too!

(also, do you have the real numbers for Red Steel 1?)

Amir0x

Banned
Skiesofwonder said:

How could you have read about it in the official thread? I did not post in the official thread, except to lock it and unlock it for time purposes.

See, this is the problem. People on GAF not only don't know how to read, they read completely made up posts that never even happened. It plays into your storyline, which is also made up.

Facts:

I came in this thread to post that the sales of Red Steel 2 are probably not what prompted Red Steel 3, since this announcement is too soon. I made a joking comment that I can't believe we might be getting Red Steel 3 and not fucking Pikmin 3 yet. This is completely on topic.

Penguin responds that Red Steel 2 is actually good. I respond to Penguin what my feelings on the game are. A natural flow of conversation, completely out of any of your bullshit imagined trolling.

Learn to read. Also, when reading, make sure you read real posts, and not imagined ones that you apparently got tired of reading in the official thread.

Skiesofwonder

Amir0x said:
How could you have read about it in the official thread? I did not post in the official thread, except to lock it and unlock it for time purposes.

See, this is the problem. People on GAF not only don't know how to read, they read completely made up posts that never even happened. It plays into your storyline, which is also made up.

Facts:

I came in this thread to post that the sales of Red Steel 2 are probably not what prompted Red Steel 3, since this announcement is too soon. I made a joking comment that I can't believe we might be getting Red Steel 3 and not fucking Pikmin 3 yet. This is completely on topic.

Penguin responds that Red Steel 2 is actually good. I respond to Penguin what my feelings on the game are. A natural flow of conversation, completely out of any of your bullshit imagined trolling.

Learn to read. Also, when reading, make sure you read real posts, and not imagined ones that you apparently got tired of reading in the official thread.

I think you misunderstood what I wrote.

skiesofwonder said:
We get that you don't like Red Steel 2. I (and most other RS2 fans) read all about in the official thread.

I was applying we all saw the hate Red Steel 2 got in the official thread. The same old "it works" but everything else pretty much sucks. Not saying the majority of the thread was like that, just I saw a lot of people saying it. I wasn't trying to apply that YOU were the one posting it.

The "We get that you don't like Red Steel 2" was addressing the first quote of yours, which made the hate so apparent you probably didn't need to expand upon it:

Amir0x said:

I admit though I could of worded my statement better, my fault.

But my whole point is why should we even address that same old subject of "Red Steel 2 suckin" in the Red Steel 3 confirmed thread that should be meant for fans of RS to be happy and talk about the possibilities/improvements of the third game.... not to bash the Red Steel games, which seems to be a popular theme around these parts.

I understand we are all open to criticize a game whenever we want, and that Penguin quoted you so you were only responding. But, the way you worded your opinion, it sounded more like a troll response to get people angry/derail the thread or maybe that you..

Amir0x said:
I'm just angry I wasted money on Red Steel 2. Bitter, if you would.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

Lijik

trinest said:
Can I have a Rabbids Go Home 2?
Goddamn I hope Raving Rabbids Travel in Time is the same gameplay of Rabbids Go Home but through different eras and not minigames.

its probably minigames

GDGF

Soothsayer
Maybe in Red Steel 3 the hero will wield an "energy sword" and be able to use various "spiritual powers" as he takes down an "evil galactic dominion" ruled by a "monarch" and his "protege in the black arts" - a "dark warlord" of sorts.

That'd be nice.

Amir0x

Banned
Skiesofwonder said:
I think you misunderstood what I wrote.

Skiesofwonder said:
We get that YOU don't like Red Steel 2. I (and most other RS2 fans) read all about in the official thread.

How do you and most other RS2 fans read all about how much I don't like RS2 in the official thread? I did not participate in the official thread. Your explanation here is absurd:

Skiesofwonder said:
I was applying we all saw the hate Red Steel 2 got in the official thread. The same old "it works" but everything else pretty much sucks. Not saying the majority of the thread was like that, just I saw a lot of people saying it. I wasn't trying to apply that YOU were the one posting it.

This doesn't even begin to make sense in the English language. You're trying to get me to believe that you specifically called ME out, but that what you really meant is that you didn't mean ME, but EVERYONE ELSE BUT ME, except you're addressing it to me.

There's a very specific meaning to the words you used. It's not exactly rocket science. No offense, but it doesn't make sense.

I didn't participate in the Red Steel 2 thread because stuff like this would happen. Gross misinterpretations, whining, etc. Accusations of trolling. Been there, done that.

Skiesofwonder said:
But my whole point is why should we even address that same old subject of "Red Steel 2 suckin" in the Red Steel 3 confirmed thread that should be meant for fans of RS to be happy and talk about the possibilities/improvements of the third game.... not to bash the Red Steel games, which seems to be a popular theme around these parts.

I understand we are all open to criticize a game whenever we want, and that Penguin quoted you so you were only responding. But, the way you worded your opinion, it sounded more like a troll response to get people angry/derail the thread or maybe that you..

You don't have to address it. You can skip my posts. Further, my comment was topical in that it was a.) discussing Red Steel in general and b.) commented on Red Steel 3's announcement having little to do with sales of Red Steel 2. The comment about Red Steel 2 progressed from Penguin's comment. I'm not going to ignore someone because Red Steel "fans" (lol?) think these threads are supposed to be for "fans of RS to be happy." It's supposed to be for open conversation of the subject, period.

Skiesofwonder

Amir0x said:

How do you and most other RS2 fans read all about how much I don't like RS2 in the official thread? I did not participate in the official thread. Your explanation here is absurd:

This doesn't even begin to make sense in the English language. You're trying to get me to believe that you specifically called ME out, but that what you really meant is that you didn't mean ME, but EVERYONE ELSE BUT ME, except you're addressing it to me.

There's a very specific meaning to the words you used. It's not exactly rocket science. No offense, but it doesn't make sense.

I didn't participate in the Red Steel 2 thread because stuff like this would happen. Gross misinterpretations, whining, etc. Accusations of trolling. Been there, done that.

You don't have to address it. You can skip my posts. Further, my comment was topical in that it was a.) discussing Red Steel in general and b.) commented on Red Steel 3's announcement having little to do with sales of Red Steel 2. The comment about Red Steel 2 progressed from Penguin's comment. I'm not going to ignore someone because Red Steel "fans" (lol?) think these threads are supposed to be for "fans of RS to be happy." It's supposed to be for open conversation of the subject, period.

I didn't mean for you to get the impression that I was calling you out for bitching in the RS2 OT. I have no idea who was doing it, I just remember seeing it a lot. Maybe I need an even better grasp of the English language to fully portray my opinion and have it actually make sense. Sorry for the misunderstanding so far, I'll try to make it extra simple for you this time.

We have heard this SAME complaint a thousand times before in that thread, so why do we have to hear it again in the "Red Steel 3 Confirmed" thread? I don't care who it is from, I'm just sick of hearing it. Especially when it is worded like "People who like this game only care about being able to swing your sword around in quaint gestural awkwardness with near 1:1 instead of actual good game design. Actually, anybody that likes almost any Wii game prefers "unique" (lol) controls over good game design. And to think these idiot fans are getting a third installment while I still have to wait for Pikmin 3."

I don't know how I can make it any more simpler then that, hope that is better.

On a side note, how does Red Steel 2 not have unique controls when it is literally the only game that controls like it does?

Mael

Amir0x said:
That's my legitimate belief, which I've backed up in various debates I'm not going to have here (that most Wii games are proof-of-concepts, not backed up by the quality of their game design). That said, if that's what you take offense with, I understand. Poor choice of words. I'm just angry I wasted money on Red Steel 2. Bitter, if you would.

Next you'll tell us you're more interested in The Conduit 2 than Red Steel 3.
Seriously it's not the most beautiful game I've ever played but it's actually one of the most fun game I bought this year and way above some lauded games on any other platforms (looking at you GTA IV, you too Gears of Wars).

Then again that's your opinion, if you didn't like it you didn't like it

Top Bottom