• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm first screens

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What's up with the colors? Does the whole game have this tint?

Munin

I just saw that the game has a 2011 release date. Why exactly does a relatively simple old-school shoot-stuff FPS like this need such a long time to develop?

NIN90

Ugh, seems like the game is suffering from the minimal HUD disease. Looks pretty awesome otherwise and Painkiller is awesome so I'm sure it's gonna be great.

Is there a PC release planned?

Fuzz Rez

Banned
MassiveAttack said:
FPS collaboration between Epic and People Can Fly published by EA Partners.
Sounds good to me. Painkiller was awesome game and I have nothing against Epic. Sign me up.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
NIN90 said:
Ugh, seems like the game is suffering from the minimal HUD disease.
:O I thought minimal HUD was a good thing?

NIN90

No, minimal HUD is the fucking cancer that has infected gaming this gen.
It's certainly fucking stupid for a game that is based around racking up high scores.
I wanna know how many bullets I have left. I wanna know how much time is left. I wanna know how good I'm faring.

GIVE ME MY FUCKING INFO, GAME.

mello

Art direction looks pretty good, and aside from the generic character designs there isn't anything else worth commenting on imo.

Yoshichan

NIN90 said:
That's fine, this "disease" hasn't reached korean MMORPGs yet.

WCTgBSdLP.jpg

Demirichris

Neo Member
Painkiller was a freaking blast, and although I do agree about Epic's design leaving a lot to be desired...I am sure this game will turn out awesome. I like what I see of the visuals so far.

People Can Fly do some fantastic boss fights.

luffeN

the pic with the kick is one of the attacks of the character. kicking, sliding and using the leash (the blue thingy). kills with more style earn you more points etc. the current game informer article about the game is very interesting.

purg3

slept with Malkin
NIN90 said:
It's certainly fucking stupid for a game that is based around racking up high scores.
I wanna know how many bullets I have left. I wanna know how much time is left. I wanna know how good I'm faring.

GIVE ME MY FUCKING INFO, GAME.

Yeah man, I want more of this
rjr69t.jpg

MDSLKTR

4566008298_f435d7e55d_o.jpg

:D
To this add the other bonus points for killing with style:

0474.mercy_5F00_1000.jpg

6114.gangbang_5F00_1000.jpg

8688.fullthrottle_5F00_920.jpg

You can tell people can fly had fun doing those :D

Wow, looks great. I love shooters with interesting settings. Colours and weapons look really good, it's just the two dudebro's who look like crap :lol

NIN90

Jesus, yes ofcourse post the games with shittiest HUDs ever. It's totally proving your point.

See Bayonetta for a pretty good HUD:

Bayonetta-Hands-On-Preview.gif

This discussion is stupid anyway since I'm sure the HUD isn't even close to be finished (or it isn't even turned on in those screenshots). I mean no ammo counter, wtf?

Roofy

haha everyone is falling for the teal and orange trap :lol :lol

they did this with movies, and now everything looks the same.

this isnt the mark of a good art direction

soultron

Banned
Not too keen on the art style since, to someone like me (who hated Gears), it looks like Gears with colour(s) and people as enemies. The first person view point and the combat options look very interesting though. The plants could be an interesting combat mechanic too if you can "trigger" them like the antlions in HL2 or something like that.

Will have to read up on it. Cautiously optimistic for the time being.

Top Bottom