• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 Multiplayer Technical Test Impressions (XB1/PS4)

Gator86

Halo 5 has the shittiest aiming of any FPS I ever played. I can play every shooter perfectly fine on PC and Console, but Halo 5 takes me days to get used to it. That's the same reason they have patched aiming twice.

TItanfall 2 has a perfect aiming mechanism for all players. Respawn would be dumb to change it when no one complained.

Agreed with most of this. Halo 5 aiming is abominable. I love the gameplay, but it's the only fps where I can aim to save my life. TF2 felt pretty solid in this regard.

Halo 5 has the shittiest aiming of any FPS I ever played. I can play every shooter perfectly fine on PC and Console, but Halo 5 takes me days to get used to it. That's the same reason they have patched aiming twice.

TItanfall 2 has a perfect aiming mechanism for all players. Respawn would be dumb to change it when no one complained.

--

Just saw Rayme's response - great stuff.

This. Preach.

--

Yep. I actually enjoy the game and do well in arena, but I can't dedicate myself to playing as the funky ass aim screws me up in almost every other game I play.

@Rayme

Thank you for addressing the aim concern. I wasn't a huge fan of the beta, but you guys have been class acts through the whole thing. It definitely means something.

Trup1aya

--

Wow.
They done goofed on H5's controls in comparison to other Halo's. But if you've never dealt with worse controls, you myst not have played any OG Xbox FPS not called Halo.

Wolfenstien, soldier of fortune: double helix, and time splitters 2 still haunt me to this day. (But only because I was spoiled by halo). Perfect Dark Zero had pretty terrible controls too.

Wow.
They done goofed on H5's controls in comparison to other Halo's. But if you've never dealt with worse controls, you myst not have played any OG Xbox FPS not called Halo.

Wolfenstien, soldier of fortune: double helix, and time splitters 2 still haunt me to this day. (But only because I was spoiled by halo). Perfect Dark Zero had pretty terrible controls too.

Dude... Return to castle wolfenstein was great. Never had problems with the controls and I played that on OG xbox for a long time.

Played better on PC of course. And W:ET... mmm

E92 M3

Wow.

Those are all old games (which I have played). Speaking from a modern perspective Halo 5 has the worst aiming. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but it completely fucks up my aim for all other games. And if I play other shooters, I become garbage at H5.

There is definitely something wonky with the aim - don't think I am trashing the game, though.

I'm not sure if Boneyard counts as open... Almost all minion spawns, CTF, Hardpoints etc. were in buildings

The top point cap point (held flag in ctf, large capture area for hardpoint) was in an open area titans could move freely through. So yeah. It was like an island map for pilots and large titan controlled areas. Sounds familiar.

Ken Adams

Bet you the city has all its buildings in rubble and it's an open map.

And you will Pre-order the game an hour before it come out saying guys I couldn't do it, I had to Pre-order for angel city. BUT till oct 27 you wont stop BITCHING to the world fuck Respawn I'm not preordering this shit. Make up your god damn mind, i swear you said you hated most of the decisions they made with R2 so why bother with this game. Unless this is what you do.

Izuna

Banned
The top point cap point (held flag in ctf, large capture area for hardpoint) was in an open area titans could move freely through. So yeah. It was like an island map for pilots and large titan controlled areas. Sounds familiar.

C point?

It had an entrance to the lower part of the map at back. Pilots could also easily hide in that very room to cap etc. and the inside was large enough for one nuclear to kill any Titans. It was a single small room.

03-boneyard.jpg

At the very least, this isn't the sort of open we have a problem with in R2.

And you will Pre-order the game an hour before it come out saying guys I couldn't do it, I had to Pre-order for angel city. BUT till oct 27 you wont stop BITCHING to the world fuck Respawn I'm not preordering this shit. Make up your god damn mind, i swear you said you hated most of the decisions they made with R2 so why bother with this game. Unless this is what you do.

What the hell dude? Put me on ignore if you don't want to see any impressions of mine.

Respawn just posted on twitter that Angel City will be the first free DLC drop. So at least one great map in the game!

bDnPcxV.gif

They should put it in every single Titanfall game till the end of time.

Kind of like what Treyarch does with Nuketown. Except that Nuketown is shit.

rackham

Did someone just compare Boneyard to the maps we've seen in TF2? Boneyard shits on all three maps we've played so far.

C point?

It had an entrance to the lower part of the map at back. Pilots could also easily hide in that very room to cap etc. and the inside was large enough for one nuclear to kill any Titans. It was a single small room.

03-boneyard.jpg

At the very least, this isn't the sort of open we have a problem with in R2.

What the hell dude? Put me on ignore if you don't want to see any impressions of mine.

So it had an entrance? I don't see your point. It is still a large open map with islands for pilots and large open areas for titans. The cap point is large enough to accommodate titan play as well. It very much contradicts the idea that all maps will be like the PRE-ALPHA maps experienced in a tech test and the whole narrative that titanfall never had maps like them.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Respawn just posted on twitter that Angel City will be the first free DLC drop. So at least one great map in the game!

My 2nd favorite map in the game, right behind War Games.

Also hope this game ends up getting a map based on or inspired by the aesthetics of the sequel's training level. I really liked the way it looked.

Hm, making Angel City the first free map means it won't be available at launch- which doesn't alleviate my worries about all the maps that will be.

I guess it means Respawn acknowledges that most players didn't like the maps in the tech test, but I wonder if they're going to try to fix them up before release (if they even can, the game comes out in two months).

Argonomic

My 2nd favorite map in the game, right behind War Games.

Also hope this game ends up getting a map based on or inspired by the aesthetics of the sequel's training level. I really liked the way it looked.

War Games, Boneyard, Homestead. Same designer.

Boneyard was originally created when the game was Titan-centric (you used to start in a Titan, and then could call in a new one 30 or so after your Titan died). It was reimagined when Pilots became a central part of the game. Corporate went through the same thing.

War Games, Boneyard, Homestead. Same designer.

Boneyard was originally created when the game was Titan-centric (you used to start in a Titan, and then could call in a new one 30 or so after your Titan died). It was reimagined when Pilots became a central part of the game. Corporate went through the same thing.
That's kind of amazing since Wargames is one of my favorite maps and Homestead is what it is...

Also any reason you guys wouldn't at least allow us the option to disable aim assist in private matches?

Gator86

Haha I can't help but laugh at how pointlessly aggressive this shit is for no reason. Criticism of a beta where the devs requested feedback is apparently very upsetting.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
And if memory serves, Gulag and Cliffhanger in MW2, and Bailout in MW2 DLC1. Also Airbase and Relic in Titanfall.

Airbase was always hit or miss with me but Relic is one of my favorites. Unfortunately I didn't get to play MW2 due to being broke AF for a couple of years, :sadface.

Any chance there will be a video for the next 3 maps that have yet to be revealed on the official site? Something like the preview videos you released for the DLC maps from the first game, which gave a pretty good summary of all 3 maps. I really want to preorder the game but the tech test maps left much to be desired.

spannicus

Best thing about many maps in Titanfall 1 was the way they were laid out. You had hills and all types of terrain. I hate a map thats just flat with buildings.

Just played another aimbotter in TF1 (ironically going by the handle developert2 who at the end was trying to convince people that he was Slothy). Just want to make it known if it was not already that some kind of anti-cheat would be appreciated for TF2. Thanks.

Hard to play any shooter after Titanfall lol

It was hard to play any COD or BF after Titanfall. But there are still tons of great FPS/TPS out there.

Dirty Bomb
Overwatch
Paladins (for a while at least, it kinda took a bad turn but then again it's still being developed)
Nosgoth (shut down, but had some great stuff)
CSGO

These are just a couple that come to mind. It's probably a lot dryer on the consoles though. Whelp, PC FPS are still pretty great.

C point?

03-boneyard.jpg

Map is gorgeous. Seriously most of the TF1 maps were amazing and intricate. The TF2 test maps all seem so bad in comparison to every TF1 map, they were so small feeling, while somehow being hugely open and limiting to the movement system.

Even the wide open map design like the boneyard was set up with so much parkour potential, so many places to take cover and go.

TF1 maps were filled with lot of differing elements, the three TF2 maps we've been given so far are essentially flat with lots of open areas and little vertical game play potential

So I just played some Bo3 multiplayer with my nephew.

Titanfall 2 is like, the best game ever in comparison.
Yeah BO3 is... frustrating. That actually brings up a point regarding the new fly-girl Titan. BO3 has a lot of shitty invisible walls that bat you down if you get even remotely competent with its wall running mechanics. I'm worried that the flying Titan is going to run into the same bullshit. Like the two bank bases in Homestead are clearly designed as no-Titan-zones. I'm guessing you're going to run into invisible walls and not be able to fly into the base. I'm hoping I'm wrong here.

Map is gorgeous. Seriously most of the TF1 maps were amazing and intricate. The TF2 test maps all seem so bad in comparison to every TF1 map, they were so small feeling, while somehow being hugely open and limiting to the movement system.

Even the wide open map design like the boneyard was set up with so much parkour potential, so many places to take cover and go.

TF1 maps were filled with lot of differing elements, the three TF2 maps we've been given so far are essentially flat with lots of open areas and little vertical game play potential
Boneyard is visually a really cool map but I just played it for the first time in a while... and is it really any better than the TF2 maps we've played? The huge tower in the back leads to even more annoying players than the tiny middle tower in Homestead. The parkour routes are pretty thin, though the zip lines help quite a bit.

Top Bottom