• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am not moist you're just like the rest of these dudes safe moist as dudes but not I

Sony has a big push in 3D, I know, I know, you don't like that shit and it isn't new. It causes headaches, eye fatigue ect.... Some journalist shit on it before going in and aspect me to respect their opinion when they come out saying I told ya so.

I'm bias and I admit it, I want a new experience even if its a dressed up old one. We have are on the verge of a new experience. The first controller in 3D to interact in a 3D space and to me this is huge, much larger than using your body as a controller in a 3D space. When I see Dr. Marks manipulating objects via 3D modeling with a controller, mind you this feat is mostly done on the dev side and we as consumers will have that in our hands.

What I don't like about journalist for the most part they lack vision, they see pie in the sky when a dev tell them of possiblities and we they show them capabilities they ho hum it and it pisses me off to no end. I'm a Ken Kutaragi defender, I love visionaries they often speak in platitudes but I love the acid trip and I like going there with them, its an outside the box thing for me. And, for the most part Ken's critics are taking a beating but its the follow up story and we know how the follow up story is treated by the antagonist.

Does a 3D controller coupled with a 3D system change the game?

Dr. Marks has been a leading advocate on the fore front of this for very long time. Unfortunately for him John Lee stole his thunder with his Youtube Wii video and couple with Sony not believing has made his vision very blurry until Nintendo made them a believer on the money side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PflVWHiJu2o&playnext_from=TL&videos=fLAWKEoDGC0

here he is with the genesis of NATAL 3DZ cam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsHPOoiQ4-8&playnext_from=TL&videos=BSI72v2FhDI

Every E3 that Phil Harrison was a part of he made sure Dr. Marks had a segment. From ducks to cups, to scan images into games we saw Dr. Marks influence. The vocal minority screamed out for that technology

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUUR-M_ciNE&playnext_from=TL&videos=5CQmhNB1SCM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lHCrhF_K-o&playnext_from=TL&videos=qXkzMuin9iQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPENA1Bpm68&feature=related

now watch the change to the move

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORYSSQZTzbE

You see these technologies in Eyepet and they are taking for granted at the time. Now these technologies were transfered to the move and easily used in the real word with a controller in your hand. Just because of its casual nature and its kiddie application no one has taken notice. In other words no one has vision because they are limited in scope or are they being cynical.

Again, if you're not paying attention this is the biggest jump in games as far as manipulation goes when you tie it to 3D gaming.

Sony already has the tool to build worlds for end users in the 3D space aka the MOVE. Go to the 1:15 mark and see what you're missing and see why casuals and hardcore are one in the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FGFyVG2kl

Let's extrapulate 3D shutter aggressive not passive glasses, a 3DTV coupled with a 3D tool. Now imagine playing operation the old board game selecting a scalpe in 3D seeing a virtual body using the move as a tool(think eye pet).

I hate that journalist can't see past their nose and refuse to give technology a chance, which is confusing too me.

I see me dreaming of possibilities. Shutter glasses on, Move in hand reaching inside the virtual world, disarming a bomb with a steady hand, making something to fit a particular piece ect...

I'm influenced by Ken, I'm influenced by a doer, not a chewer of fat, I mean a talker.

So say Hi to the bad guy. THE DREAMERs

Seeing 3D has been here for so long and it doesn't mean a thing. Now manipulating 3D space is NEW, and I wish the bitches in the media would recognize this.

John

gluv65 said:
What I don't like about journalist for the most part they lack vision, they see pie in the sky when a dev tell them of possiblities and we they show them capabilities they ho hum it and it pisses me off to no end.

Because we all know the possibilities won't be used.

John

gluv65 said:
They can't think past their nose. I need someone who is able to discern the difference, and the capability of technology.
I... think you misunderstood me. I said that while developers love to wave "pie in the sky" ideas around while advertising new technology, we all know that's just marketing crap. "We" including the journalists.

entremet

These are just companies. You don't have like everything they produce even if you're a fan of their output.

v7cu9s.jpg

consoul

So say Hi to the bad guy. THE DREAMERs
What? Am I saying Hi to a bad capitalized guy who inexplicably also happens to be a plural entity?

...anyway yeah, 3D control in a stereoscopic 3D environment brings about some interesting possibilities, yes.

mr_nothin

Banned
entrement said:
These are just companies. You don't have like everything they produce even if you're a fan of their output.
Sounds like he's excited for the tech to me...

and Ken Kutagari

:lol This thread would have been much better off without some of the pro-Sony hyperbole. But I agree about the possibilities. I remember all of those tech demos but I forgot about them when they showed them in actual "games". Good to know that they're putting them to use at least. I want EyePet + Move for my 2 year old nephew. He'd go crazy over it.

John said:
I... think you misunderstood me. I said that while developers love to wave "pie in the sky" ideas around while advertising new technology, we all know that's just marketing crap. "We" including the journalists.

You see this is not about devs. this is about what I've see and I know can be done. Vision, is lacking in this industry, it is often ridiculed by those who pretend they are knowledgeable about technology especially those in the media. If I listened to those idiots I would have never thought the PS3 is capable of what its doing and going to do. 10 year life cycle was pissed on until MS said hey were vested in the 10 year life cycle also. Eventhough the bitch made dudes had the PS1 and the PS2 as evidence.

MrPliskin

Banned
entrement said:

Gamefaqs force, ASSEMBLE!

You know, registration there is free, you can go anytime you want :)

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Talk about viral marketing already. I love E3 and this time of year. No hard feelings ;) I like the idea of 3D and motion controls. They seem to go hand in hand. Ever since that head tracking video Johnny Lee put out, I've been wanting it. The problem is that I'm not going to go out and buy another TV for it especially if it requires glasses. They're uncomfortable to say the least. It's one thing to suffer through them for 2 - 3 hours in a theatre, but I refuse to do it at home.

mr_nothin said:
Sounds like he's excited for the tech to me...

and Ken Kutagari

:lol This thread would have been much better off without some of the pro-Sony hyperbole. But I agree about the possibilities. I remember all of those tech demos but I forgot about them when they showed them in actual "games". Good to know that they're putting them to use at least. I want EyePet + Move for my 2 year old nephew. He'd go crazy over it.[/QUOTE

Platitudes are matching this time.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
novint-falcon.jpg

+

TrackIR_ad.jpg

+

Nvidia_GeForce_Vision_3D_610x444.jpg

=

world's baddest ass.

nice touch with the avatar btw. even astrolad never went that far.

Crisis

Banned
a Master Ninja said:
I aspect this will be a fun thread.

You know what? The unwashed masses aren't going to see what you did there. Just want you to know that I did. Well-done.

mr_nothin

Banned
gluv65 said:
Platitudes are matching this time.
I'm just as excited for this tech as you are (if they execute it right) but you're just going to be looked at as a crazed Sony fanboy. Even I am Sony-biased but you come off a little too....pro-Sony. It's cool and all but when you start saying things like Ken's doubters are taking a beating, people are going to look at you a little crazy.

I made a thread and I didn't expect a bunch of idiots to understand the beauty of what's happening. Narrow sighted people can't see past their nose.

Youu must be a visionary to see past the technology and understand what the tech is capable of. So I forgive those who comment in its elementary stage. You can't see and for that I apologize.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
ghst said:
world's baddest ass.
But those weren't made by Sony. That's not Kutaragi's vision. Those were made by the dudes bitches and not the bad guy DREAMERs.

gluv65 said:
I made a thread and I didn't expect a bunch of idiots to understand the beauty of what's happening. Narrow sighted people can't see past their nose.

Youu must be a visionary to see past the technology and understand what the tech is capable of. So I forgive those who comment in its elementary stage. You can't see and for that I apologize.
Oh man we're rapidly approaching the "I am an innovation man" point in this thread.

Chrange

Banned
MadOdorMachine said:
Talk about viral marketing already. I love E3 and this time of year. No hard feelings ;) I like the idea of 3D and motion controls. They seem to go hand in hand. Ever since that head tracking video Johnny Lee put out, I've been wanting it. The problem is that I'm not going to go out and buy another TV for it especially if it requires glasses. They're uncomfortable to say the least. It's one thing to suffer through them for 2 - 3 hours in a theatre, but I refuse to do it at home.
lol go read his 'contributions' to the Natal thread. His love of new ideas doesn't extend to it for some reason :lol

gluv65 said:

You are a tool.

Eteric Rice

29moadc.jpg

mr_nothin

Banned
gluv65 said:

Sorry, I thought you were accusing me of something..I read it wrong.

I agree that the platitudes are starting to come to fruition. Everything that Sony has stated about the Cell is starting to be realized. I also agree with Sony's dev's philosophy of design. I like that they are spending more time on animations, geometry (over bump/normal/parallax mapping) and lighting. To me, every new Sony 1st party game has some sort of "technology gimmick" that comes along with it. I'm really LOVING SCEWW's way of working. The devs are able to share tech and code but it also creates an environment for friendly competition.

I see now, for the most part gamers are safe creatures, change is foreign and not part of their growth. It is a safe do as I say community. I like growth, it entrigues me and who ever don't give a fuck has my ear. Simply because we will never advance for the sake of traditional. Tradtional is quickly, and vastly becoming a growth stopper. I continue to move forward because that is the way for advancement.

So fuck you and those who you brought with you.

gluv65 said:
I see now, for the most part gamers are safe creatures, change is foreign and not part of their growth. It is a safe do as I say community. I like growth, it entrigues me and who ever don't give a fuck has my ear. Simply because we will never advance for the sake of traditional. Tradtional is quickly, and vastly becoming a growth stopper. I continue to move forward because that is the way for advancement.

So fuck you and those who you brought with you.

CBMXXIg.gif

gluv65 said:

Eh, without games, it doesn't matter what the potential there is in the technology. Proof is in the pudding is in the eating and all that. So, far, there's not been much to even nibble on and what there has been shown is...underwhelming for a lot of people. Not difficult to see why there's a lot of skepticism about unproven, untested tech and concepts. Calling doubters narrow-minded isn't going to help. Shitting on something and doubting something are two different things. E3 is close now, so I'm not sure why you felt the need to make this thread yet. If there isn't meat enough on the bones in two weeks' time, then it's time to worry. This thread just seems pathetic in that awkward, nerdy way that deeply heart-felt, defense-minded fanboyism is sometimes expressed using lines that seem to come straight out of a cartoon.

John

gluv65 said:
NO I don't speak English, so excuse yourself.

I, uh... aeh-

gluv65 said:
1huq2e.gif

consoul

gluv65 said:
Narrow sighted people can't see past their nose.
This is the problem right here. What good are active shutter glasses and 3D TV technology if your vision doesn't extend beyond your nose? They're going to have mount two screens directly on your nose.

John

gluv65 said:
I like that gif, now show me what you are capable of. You cookie cutter mother fucker, you're just like the rest of these dudes safe moist as dudes.
Jesus fuck.

pakkit

Banned
gluv65 said:
I like that gif, now show me what you are capable of. You cookie cutter mother fucker, you're just like the rest of these dudes safe moist as dudes.
:lol

Well, this was an interesting account suicide, at least.

Top Bottom