• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey (PSN) - thatgamecompany's new game!!! (Game Releases in Spring 2012)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Journey™
FACT SHEET

Platform: PlayStation®3 system
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC
Developer: thatgamecompany
Rating: “RP” for “Rating Pending”
Release: 2011

OVERVIEW

The pioneers that brought you the award-winning PlayStation®Network titles flOw & Flower® are back with another title that challenges traditional gaming conventions. With Journey, thatgamecompany (TGC) continues its tradition of delivering simple gameplay and accessible controls in a rich interactive environment that invites players to explore and experience emotional chords that are still uncommon in video games.

An exotic adventure with a more serious tone, Journey presents TGC’s unique vision of an online adventure experience. Awakening in an unknown world, the player walks, glides, and flies through a vast and awe-inspiring landscape, while discovering the history of an ancient, mysterious civilization along the way.

Journey’s innovative approach to online play encourages players to explore this environment with strangers who cross their path from time to time. By traveling together, they can re-shape the experience – creating authentic moments they will remember and discuss with others.

KEY FEATURES
INTUITIVE CONTROLS AND EXPERIENCE –Players with differing skill levels and/or moods can experience the game at their own pace.
LUSH AND EXPANSIVE ENVIRONMENTS – Grand landscapes filled with dynamic sand and cloth. Fully simulated sand dunes ripple and slide as players move across them.
FRESH ONLINE ADVENTURE – Players explore a mysterious world, discovering its hidden history. People are free to travel alone, or adventure with strangers that they meet along the way.

b5nyup.jpg

35dat7c.jpg

209myzd.jpg

w04c48.jpg

11j94r7.jpg

2ibey6o.jpg

FRESH ONLINE ADVENTURE – Players explore a mysterious world, discovering its hidden history. People are free to travel alone, or adventure with strangers that they meet along the way.

Omfg.... thats gonna be amazing.

harSon

Banned
arena08 said:
Fuck. I designed and pitched this same game idea over a year ago. It looks great, but I wanted to make it :(

I've always wanted to see an Ibn Battuta game (or movie!) where you simply observe ancient civilizations.

Empty

holy fucking shit. looks stunning and i love the idea.

this should have been at the presser. it would have blown my socks off there.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
OMG... that looks gorgeous!

The premise reminds me lot to the fake "Idea" or "concept" of Trico, remember the one about the huge desert, sand glider, etc.

Top Bottom