• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ohio man jumps on back of semi on dare, calls 911 when truck doesn't stop for 15+ mi

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Prank becomes unintended wild ride on back of semi-truck

Link to the audio of the 911 call.

6/18/2010 7:35:00 PM
Prank becomes unintended wild ride on back of semi-truck
RYAN CARTER
Brown News Service

WASHINGTON COURT HOUSE — What began as a prank resulted in an intoxicated man clinging for dear life on the back of a semi-truck trailer for 17 miles from downtown Washington Court House to Sabina early Friday morning.

It was a prank gone very, very wrong. Fortunately, he was eventually able to dial 9-1-1 and save himself.

At around 3:20 a.m., 24-year-old Brandon R. Farmer and a few friends were walking near the Fayette County Museum as a semi-truck came to a stop at a red light at the split, or Y, on Court Street. Based on a dare, Farmer reportedly jumped onto the rear rail of the semi trailer before the truck headed westbound on Court Street.

“Farmer indicated that his intent was to ride on the back of the semi trailer rail until it stopped at the next traffic signal in the downtown and then to dismount,” said Fayette County Sheriff Vernon Stanforth.

However, it didn’t work out that way for Farmer.

“Until informed by Sgt. (David) Bivens, Farmer was unaware that the traffic signals in the downtown area were in sequence to remain green during the evening hours unless cross traffic from a side street pulled to the intersection and triggered the censor to change the traffic flow,” said Stanforth. “With very light traffic at that hour of the morning, the semi was able to proceed through Washington Court House without stopping for a red signal.”

The driver of the semi, unaware that Farmer had hopped on the back of his truck, continued on his route toward Sabina. With no stops until the one traffic light through Sabina in Clinton County, Farmer had no chance to jump off the truck, which continued to travel at 55 miles per hour or more.

While trying to stay on the truck, Farmer dug his cell phone out of his pocket and dialed 911.
In a calm manner considering the circumstances, Farmer told the dispatcher his situation.

“I was joking around. You know?” he said. “It was stupid. Now I’m scared of falling….”

The communications center was able to find out the highway route and general location of Farmer. Deputies were dispatched to respond to the area in an attempt to intercept the semi on U.S. 22 westbound, according to Stanforth.

“The Clinton County Sheriff’s Office was also contacted for assistance and was requested to start eastbound on U.S. 22,” Stanforth said. “As Farmer indicated to the communications technician that the vehicle was nearing the village of Sabina, the communications technician lost telephone contact with Farmer.”

At 3:40 p.m., an officer with the Sabina Police Department saw the semi coming into the village with Farmer still hanging on the back and made a traffic stop on the truck.

Farmer, uninjured, was taken by Sabina police to the county line, where he was picked up by the Fayette County Sheriff’s Office. When deputies talked to Farmer, “it was determined that he was under the influence of alcohol,” said Stanforth.

Farmer, of Washington Court House, was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct. He is scheduled to appear in the Washington Court House Municipal Court for arraignment on June 28 at 9:30 a.m.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I've always wanted to do that, jump on the back of a bus or a truck and ride it for a block.

Now I wont.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
My brothers work friend did this........except he fell off and hit by a car. Still alive, think he said it was the 3rd time the dude had been hit by a car.

CrankyJay

Banned
:lol

That is awesome with the green lights...

Oh...and...

1238291.jpg

Speaking of retarded Ohio shit, did a search did not find:

Police say Ohio woman sold sex with teen daughter

BRILLIANT, Ohio -- Police have arrested an Ohio woman they say let a man have sex with her 14-year-old daughter in exchange for money and crack cocaine.

Wells Township police in eastern Ohio's Jefferson County say the 46-year-old woman is charged with compelling prostitution of a minor and complicity to unlawful sexual conduct with a minor.

Police believe the woman began allowing men to have sex with her daughter for cocaine and money four years ago, when the girl was 10.

Police Capt. Sean Norman says a 21-year-old man living with the mother and daughter told investigators the woman allowed him to have sex with the girl and demanded cash.

Norman says the girl, now in the custody of children's services, has sexually transmitted diseases and other medical problems.

Fucking people. >:|

Kaako

Felium Defensor
The Take Out Bandit said:
Ok fuck that. They need to take her kid away and give her a better home hopefully. People like that don't deserve to be parents.

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
What the fuck is WRONG with my god damn state? I can't get out of this place fast enough.

Striker

The Take Out Bandit said:

Police say Ohio woman sold sex with teen daughter

BRILLIANT, Ohio -- Police have arrested an Ohio woman they say let a man have sex with her 14-year-old daughter in exchange for money and crack cocaine.

Wells Township police in eastern Ohio's Jefferson County say the 46-year-old woman is charged with compelling prostitution of a minor and complicity to unlawful sexual conduct with a minor.

Police believe the woman began allowing men to have sex with her daughter for cocaine and money four years ago, when the girl was 10.

Police Capt. Sean Norman says a 21-year-old man living with the mother and daughter told investigators the woman allowed him to have sex with the girl and demanded cash.

Norman says the girl, now in the custody of children's services, has sexually transmitted diseases and other medical problems.

Wow, what the fuck.

Brilliant is like 20 minutes from me. :lol

Alfarif said:
What the fuck is WRONG with my god damn state? I can't get out of this place fast enough.

Whats wrong with Ohio? This kind of stupid shit happens in any part of the world.

Aside from the stupid football mania, that's pretty dumb.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
My brothers work friend did this........except he fell off and hit by a car. Still alive, think he said it was the 3rd time the dude had been hit by a car.

why is it that the people out your way are fucking crazy?

probably has to do with all the Uranium lying around.

Darren870

I saw one guy hitching a ride on truck why driving down the highway once. Truck was going 65-75 MPH. The guy looked like he had done this many times in the past.

Right after I passed the truck he started pulling over, I think he could see the guys coat flapping in his mirror so he wanted to stop and see what it was.

Funniest thing I've seen while driving.

Magni

Old but WOW

Man drowns trying to get phone from sewer
Neighbor can’t save victim who removed grate from storm sewer, got stuck

The Associated Press
updated 5:09 p.m. ET June 7, 2007

SHEBOYGAN, Wis. - A 41-year-old man drowned Wednesday after getting stuck in a storm sewer trying to retrieve a cell phone, police said.

The man weighed more than 300 pounds and was wedged with his head and shoulders underwater in a vertical storm drain in front of his home, said police Lt. Tim Eirich.

The man's identity was not released pending notification of relatives.

Neighbor Chris Van Erem said he saw the man kneeling over the sewer before he fell in. Police said the man pulled the iron grate off trying to get the cell phone.

Then, a child from the neighborhood ran toward Van Erem frantically. Van Erem said he then saw the man's feet sticking up out of the grate.

"I ran over and tried to pull him on out," Van Erem said. "Absolutely helpless was the feeling. I couldn't budge him."

Van Erem had the child call 911 as he continued to try to free the man.

"I could see his head and his shoulders were completely under the water," he said. "His legs weren't moving. He was completely unresponsive."

Van Erem said it ultimately took six firefighters to pull the man from the sewer. Sheboygan County Coroner David Leffin ruled the man's death as an accidental drowning.

The man's cell phone was later found at the bottom of the sewer, police said.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

“Until informed by Sgt. (David) Bivens, Farmer was unaware that the traffic signals in the downtown area were in sequence to remain green during the evening hours unless cross traffic from a side street pulled to the intersection and triggered the censor to change the traffic flow,”
Sensor.

Az

Is it me or did the sunset meme get misunderstood by some? I thought it is supposed to be posted when you actually want to go to the spot in the news article. Just like the original with the 16 year old stripper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom