• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Mafia |OT| Keep Your Vote On The Payload

nin1000

Banned
As far as the chopping block, probably Me/AB/Nin/TG Due to spotty activity tbh.

Did you tips that before I explained that I would not be around for 24 hours? I am in the middle of reading and responding to everything and that has been going on for almost am hour. So again did you type that post before I started reacting ?

cabot

Like this one ?

I thought better of you.

Can't wait to read through your nonsense

sdey.gif

Burbeting

Banned
The thing that's ben bothering me with AB is the thing other people have mentioned now in the posts while I was sleeping: He has been very passive in his postings, only responding to questions that people ask him. There isn't much original thought coming from him, just defence in sort of way. In other words, he hasn't been interested in finding scum, just defending his own right to stay in the game. How is that town interest?

nin1000

Banned
Vote: Verelios

I was debating voting for him for posting nothing but fluff, but I wasn't expecting him to try to capitalize on my "clarification," so that helped me make up my mind.

Well why vote for him vin the first place if you were going to get it off from him after 18 minutes anyway ? That just seems odd to me. It's OK to prod someone in order to get to know him. But you took that vote off after one post.

That's just strange.

nin1000

Banned
At the very least, it's going to be much more interesting to talk about than the usual huming and hawing for 2 days, until people scramble their votes in the last 5 hours.

I get what you were trying to do, but mass claim is not going to cut it out for town.

cabot

Player Observations:
Ouro - Sorta controls discussion it seems, pokes/prodes players into action.

Splinter - Posting has been weird, usually more of the analytical posters. Usually has decent sized posts with nuggets of knowledge with reads etc. not now.

As far as the chopping block, probably Me/AB/Nin/TG Due to spotty activity tbh.

Ouro is certainly at the forefront, but I'm not sure if I'd say he's controlling the conversation. I don't agree with the Splinter read currently, but I'll cover this a little later.

You've listed yourself on the chopping block...objective reality or genuinely not bothered about dying?

cabot

Huh, why not?

I suppose now will do.

Linking me to splinter is like linking cereal to milk. Doesn't take a whole lot to get to that connection.

I honestly thought you'd pick me out on this comment, since I'm inherently linking us. It made sense with fran because he hadnt experienced us before, but me just offering this as a response to Verelios. You seemingly missing/ignoring it is a little strange to me.

Hell, I worry a lot whenever you say you 'agree with me' you did it before in another game, and you've said it here.

I don't agree with the read because on day 1 you tend to stay cooler and then gradually ramp up the intensity as the game goes on. The times where that differs you've tended to be scum.

(Exceptions I can think of is Love Boat and Woof 2)

Basically I'm slightly cautious of you but no strong evidence to go after you at this point in time.

This post from Ouro stuck out to me:

So Barry or Ty today? Sounds good to me. We can also get Splinter just in case.

He's sort of clarified this with stating he can't read Splinter, so it's not really damaging, but it was memorable because I guess if Splinter became a lynch candidate towards the end of the day I'll expect Ouro here to jump on the wagon without a question asked.

*Splinter

Oh, that? I didn't think it was worth commenting on since the link is based entirely in meta. It was really no different than our explanations to Fran about the (in game) link that he was seeing

nin1000

Banned
I don't agree with the Splinter read currently, but I'll cover this a little later.
I however agree with him. Splinter seems to be in a Position where he does not fear anyone or anything. Hence his "I do what I effin wish in my posts".

You Can disagree with that splinter, but so Far you are acting weird.

cabot

Well why vote for him vin the first place if you were going to get it off from him after 18 minutes anyway ? That just seems odd to me. It's OK to prod someone in order to get to know him. But you took that vote off after one post.

That's just strange.

This is a good point, here's the exchange between Verelolus after Ouro puts the vote down:

Vote: Verelios

I was debating voting for him for posting nothing but fluff, but I wasn't expecting him to try to capitalize on my "clarification," so that helped me make up my mind.

Your 'clarification' is textbook track covering in case you're under fire later in the game, and if that's not so please state otherwise.
maxresdefault.jpg

If I wanted low hanging fruit I'd say something about this, which could be or isn't confirmation, but I took as fluff.

It's not covering my tracks. I said "role" and "hero" in the same sentence, which I then realized didn't make sense (since they are one and the same), so I fixed it.

Actually, fucking hell. I need to read my PM better. I didn't need to clarify at all.

Okay, I just felt it was weird to reiterate that point, that's all

Ok, I'll move on to my next suspect.

Vote: Barrylocke

Hi

Am I missing the resolution here where Ouro changing votes makes sense?

*Splinter

I however agree with him. Splinter seems to be in a Position where he does not fear anyone or anything. Hence his "I do what I effin wish in my posts".

You Can disagree with that splinter, but so Far you are acting weird.
No I agreed with Zeke's read, that's why I questioned Cabot :p

His response makes sense though, I do tend to start a bit slower

Ty4on

This is a good point, here's the exchange between Verelolus after Ouro puts the vote down:

Am I missing the resolution here where Ouro changing votes makes sense?

I guess he was just going through the people he suspected. He still has Verelios on his scum list.

How do you really feel though?

franconp

It's good that Nin and Ezekel finally posted. I liked Ezekel's post as he finally shared with us is views of the game. Nin is more all over the place but it's better than nothing.

VOTE: TheGoddamn

He only made 3 post so far, all of them defending the mass role claim which was a really bad idea, and then stopped posting as realizing that he made a mistake and tried to stay low and not draw attention.

cabot

I guess he was just going through the people he suspected. He still has Verelios on his scum list.

How do you really feel though?

I don't read Ouro as scum at this time, though I'll never be certain, he's a tough read. I'll let the game advance to help clarify him.

nin1000

Banned
How would scum Splinter have started off in this game?

The Thing is that that he usually plays the same. So i dont knwo what to Make out if this play atm. Since him being so sure of himself just tells us that he can have a role. Lol.
That's like saying that the world is round I know. Or he can be part of a team and there fore act like that. At this point it's a guessing game.

cabot

The Thing is that that he usually plays the same. So i dont knwo what to Make out if this play atm. Since him being so sure of himself just tells us that he can have a role. Lol.
That's like saying that the world is round I know. Or he can be part of a team and there fore act like that. At this point it's a guessing game.

Obviously.

Would you be willing to go for his lynch this day phase?

nin1000

Banned
It's good that Nin and Ezekel finally posted. I liked Ezekel's post as he finally shared with us is views of the game. Nin is more all over the place but it's better than nothing.

I am reading through the game and responding to the questions I get asked now. How is that all over the place ? Care to elaborate some more ? You seem to just be there as a spectator but not really as someone who takes part in the game.

nin1000

Banned
Obviously.

Would you be willing to go for his lynch this day phase?

Can't say since I am still reading through the game. But for now. No, not really. Further into the game ? Let's see how he keeps playing and changes his way of playing .

Ty4on

Exactly the same, obviously

What a question
Lot's of town reads. Town reads are simpler and I make them as town as well, but it contributes to too much of my contributions.
Kinda staying outside of the conversation, fluffy posts that don't really have anything with the game. A good example is answering a mechanics question. Doesn't have anything to do with the game, but feels good because I'm being nice and "contributing".

A little hard to extrapolate with only one scum game though. I've changed a lot between town games as well, mainly because I've screwed up in most of them.
I don't read Ouro as scum at this time, though I'll never be certain, he's a tough read. I'll let the game advance to help clarify him.
Your post seemed to kinda imply that. The one thing I have against Ouro is that I can't quite see where his reads are coming from or how they evolve. Like his Barrylocke read came when Barry had 1 game post and he didn't amend anything when Barry finally answered.

Ty4on

VOTE: TheGoddamn

He only made 3 post so far, all of them defending the mass role claim which was a really bad idea, and then stopped posting as realizing that he made a mistake and tried to stay low and not draw attention.

You feel very active for someone who said they hate D1 and especially compared to Dangan where I almost forgot about you (admittedly I joined late in D1).

I don't hate that, but what changed?

franconp

I am reading through the game and responding to the questions I get asked now. How is that all over the place ? Care to elaborate some more ? You seem to just be there as a spectator but not really as someone who takes part in the game.

I say that you are all over the place as most of your post are full of nothing and jokes. Nothing more. It seemed to me that you just selected the most inoffensive post and replied them the make a presence.

But I also liked you questioning to Splinter, as que is still a bit of a grey area in my mind. So there is that.

nin1000

Banned
I say that you are all over the place as most of your post are full of nothing and jokes. Nothing more. It seemed to me that you just selected the most inoffensive post and replied them the make a presence.

But I also liked you questioning to Splinter, as que is still a bit of a grey area in my mind. So there is that.

Thanks, but what about the post where I reacted to melon and tried to sum up the game up to post #154 ? Did you not read that or did you just ignore it in order to get a reaction out of me by saying that I am just making jokes.

franconp

You feel very active for someone who said they hate D1 and especially compared to Dangan where I almost forgot about you (admittedly I joined late in D1).

I don't hate that, but what changed?

I still hate day 1, but I don't think activity has something to relate here. I hate day 1 because you are working with nothing. I'm voting TheGoddamn just for that reason, because I have nothing of him. Maybe he is a slow starter and he really shines later in the game, but I don't know. He only made 3 bad posts.

The main difference with DR is time maybe. I decided to play DR mostly because I had a great time in AC and was sort of like a mistake. It was kind of lucky that I died day one as I couldn't keep up with the game. That's why I dropped almost as soon as I died. This time I have more time to be commited to the game.

franconp

Thanks, but what about the post where I reacted to melon and tried to sum up the game up to post #154 ? Did you not read that or did you just ignore it in order to get a reaction out of me by saying that I am just making jokes.

The important word here is most. That was the only important post in a bunch of them.

nin1000

Banned
VOTE: Ty4on

That's an interesting strategy. I for one am against it. Personally I don't think there is a cop in this game (at the least not a standard one), seems a super boring inclusion in a role madness game.

As I don't think there's a cop, going through the motions would be a waste of time and most likely serve to act as cover for scum.

Also Ouro seems to be acting fairly normally, maybe a little more active than I recall, doesn't tell me much about alignment at this point.

LOL that One Made me laugh. Whi in the right mind would think that there is No cop in a role Cray game ?

nin1000

Banned
The important word here is most. That was the only important post in a bunch of them.

Well. Sure I Can Unterstand that. Care to put your thoughts Down ? I agree with you that D1 Can be a bit frustrating since, as you said we are working with very little ( not to say nothing ) but as long as we keep the conversation going we can try to point things out this stick out to our eyes.

franconp

Well. Sure I Can Unterstand that. Care to put your thoughts Down ? I agree with you that D1 Can be a bit frustrating since, as you said we are working with very little ( not to say nothing ) but as long as we keep the conversation going we can try to point things out this stick out to our eyes.

Sure. At the top of my scum list is Haly, and he flip scum Burb is next on the line. It seemed to me that he tried to make some damage control after Haly made a mistake with the mass role claim. Why I'm voting TheGoddamn then? Because Haly made several post with info, info we can use later on to make a more efficient read on him. TheGoddamn made only 3 bad post, so no read. I prefer to have him out because I have more to work on Haly further in the game.

After all the post that Cabot made last night I'm thinking he may be neutral, more than town. Like he is following his own agenda. But I like his post so he is OK so far.

Splinter and Ouro are a big grey area where I don't really know. There are some good post but I'm still not sure.

cabot

I can buy the potential of Haly and Burb being scum separately, but I don't see them being scum mates and Burb was cleaning up a foolish mess made by Haly.

It's a lot to risk on Day 1. Maybe if Haly was a particularly powerful role but eh, seems a convenience on top of another convenience.

I'm still slightly town reading Haly. Burb seems mostly as normal though not leaning a set alignment. A null so far.

The peeking thing seemed pretty interesting, so I've been looking at how that went down.

Melon - launched the idea
Stanely- for Peekaboo, says it makes more sense with role madness (he also defends it after Burb says his tale). Probably the hardest pusher of the idea
Haly- all for it, he wants Day 1 to feel more productive
Burb- very much against it, had a prior game he saw it fail tremendously
Ty4-He explains the stat and ultimately seems to be for it.
Mazre- is against the idea because he thinks there's no cop around because it's boring(?) thus this would be pointless.
Ouro-is against peeking because it's boring and he'd rather do regular scum hunting, but is ok with it happening (and may join in? not sure)
Sophia- is ok with peeking as long as other people jump in on it.
Verelios - seems confused about peeking
francop - leans no because it'll make things more confusing than it should be, and is open to the idea of their being no cop
Wherearemahdragonz- confused about it
EzekielRAGE-thinks peeking is a good idea from reading up on it.
Bronx-Man - No actual opinion
AbsoluteBro-Thinks cops should hide scum discoveries if they don't have much additional info

I'm almost out of time on this computer and I still need to read the last 50+ posts of content on the peeking thing (about up to Cabot vs. Haly) but out of everyone it was EzekielRAGE that I noticed more (beyond Mazre's weird "I think there's no cops because I don't like cops" post). He kinda just slid in to voice support, after quite a bit of discussion on whether this is a good idea happened (including Burb-burbs little tale on his past experience on the idea). He posted a couple of loose ideas on how to make it work (one town + one scum) later when there was talk on what to do if scum is found quickly and ultimately said it should be up to the detective's discretion.

It kinda feels like someone who actually could be trying to narrow things down later like Burb suggested. It could also just be for getting in on this idea that a lot of townies seem to be going for.

Sophia also seemed to be somewhat ambivalent to the idea at first. It could just be her being flexible, or just her slowly warming up to it.

I hate to play "Kick the Bronx-Man" after the last game but he didn't give any personal opinions on the idea either while it was discussed. He did give thoughts on Ouro and Burb playing a bit strong and that Mazre's idea was too funky to be town so it's not like there was just shitposting.

But out of those all, yeah it's Ezekiel that made me feel the most potentially negative feelings.

Vote: EzekielRAGE

As I said before, I still think it's risky. But if the town does decide to go for it then I'll add my peeks in too. I'd rather it not be an idea that plays out half-baked, even if it feels half-baked to begin with.

Oh, and I think franc had asked who my top towns and mafia are. I'd have to look again for more ideas on top town and (hopefully, it's always tough for me early on with less notable events for me to focus on) top mafia. But I at least know that my favorite town's person is Haly and my top mafia person is Ezekiel as said. I'd throw cabot into a favorable town position too, it's not impossible for a mafia member to be the "teach em how to play for points" role but he seemed to want to make sure Haly didn't do something he saw as silly. How teachy/preachy can Cabot get in games?

To all members of Overwatch

I'm going to have to drop out : ( I've PMed Sorian. Sorry! I have new work and I can't handle everything.

Ty4on

I'm struggling to understand you Ezekel read Barry. Why do you think his comments on the peeking were scummy?

franconp

Well I'm going to change my vote to give TheGoddamn's replacement a chance to post.

I'm at work right now and I don't have time to review the game as I would like so I'm going mostly by how I feel.

[HIGHUNVOTE]VOTE:StanleyPalmtreee

I'm not so sure if he is scum (freaking day 1) but I didn't liked his cop keep his result's post. Also if he flips scum could give us some new info on another players as all the peek talk could be a scum plot.

Top Bottom