• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Mafia |OT| Keep Your Vote On The Payload

I've been going after Verelios since D1.

Try again.
Not denying you lied about cop?

Well, if he's a neutral with a win condition that involves killing/otherwise getting rid of certain roles/people, he could side with Town for a time to achieve his own goals (Damon Gant ring a bell?)
While that might make him dangerous, I'm much less sure of this than I am of Verelios going all over the place
If he is anything that involves getting rid of ppl he is a danger to town since he will hit town more likely than not.

Sophia

He didn't dispute my wm claim, until just now after I brought it up. He went hard against vere because vere tried to lynch him. Nothing else. I, who am also on his scum list counter claim him which should be a big red flag for him to come after me, but he barely mentioned it. Idk about vere. There being no kills and him using his ability being the reason makes sense. The use of his ability n1 is questionable.

Can you explain why Ouro would lie about his character? You tried to defend Ouro saying cops lie about their role all the time. You are right but he has no reason to lie about his character.

Did you investigate anyone last night?

I think I know what happened last night so Verelios is probably making it up.

Vote: Verelios

What do you mean by this?

Ourobolus

Banned
Believing a town protection power used saved Ouro + accusing Ouro of being scum = ???

Huh? Clearly me being protected earlier was a joke.

Not denying you lied about cop?

If he is anything that involves getting rid of ppl he is a danger to town since he will hit town more likely than not.

I'm not lying about being the cop. I don't see why I have to prove anything to you though, considering you are on my short list for scum.

Sophia

Also, Barry and Zeke trying to defend Verelios is really only moving them further up the scum list here.

He did vote for Ezekel earlier.

oh BOY speak of the devil! A scum hunting partn...

Wait, maybe not. But my "bad vibes" man is good too.

VOTE:EzekelRAGE

Let's have fun, okay?
tumblr_inline_nf2bt0ml1V1s6ixoi.gif

Not sure how to take that tho.

Sophia

He did. I'm chalking it up to bussing for now (scum would, ideally, try to cover their bases on D1 by bussing someone - at least I would do it).

So you're saying that Verelios, Ezekel, and Barry all overplayed their hands right at the start of Day 2? Really?

bullshitsmall4nljf.jpg

That doesn't sound right to me.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What do you mean by this?

It means I an idea of what could've stopped a kill last night, but I can't verify it as such until later. Verelios' proposed Lucio ability is very wild compared to my simpler hypothetical explanation, Occam's razor and all that.

Regarding Ouro's claim... Well I joked that Widowmaker might be Cop because of Infrasight. I wasn't actually being serious but recall that Ouro said something along the lines of "my ability makes sense for my hero in a twisted Sorian kind of way". Widowmaker being Cop due to Infrasight fits that description (Widowmaker is a morally questionable assassin in the lore). Could Ouro be using my explanation as a cover? Sure. Widowmaker would also make sense for Lyncher (setting aside that Ezekel counterclaimed Widowmaker). I don't know how to process Ezekel's counter claim, by the way, nor Xam's pseudo-claim. I'm just considering Ouro/Verelios at the moment.

It means I an idea of what could've stopped a kill last night, but I can't verify it as such until later. Verelios' proposed Lucio ability is very wild compared to my simpler hypothetical explanation, Occam's razor and all that.

Regarding Ouro's claim... Well I joked that Widowmaker might be Cop because of Infrasight. I wasn't actually being serious but recall that Ouro said something along the lines of "my ability makes sense for my hero in a twisted Sorian kind of way". Widowmaker being Cop due to Infrasight fits that description (Widowmaker is a morally questionable assassin in the lore). Could Ouro be using my explanation as a cover? Sure. Widowmaker would also make sense for Lyncher (setting aside that Ezekel counterclaimed Widowmaker). I don't know how to process Ezekel's counter claim, by the way, nor Xam's pseudo-claim. I'm just considering Ouro/Verelios at the moment.

pseudo-claim? Where? I'm missing it.

Gut read. But so far you haven't done anything to dissuade that feeling.

Ok, sure. Everyone else ok with revealing who they are, or should we just lynch Verelios and show that I'm right?

Fair enough.

Revealing roles could be helpful for the Widowmaker thing I guess but Verelios is kind of a done deal.

Haly

Although one wonders why anyone would claim a hero they're not. Seems like asking for trouble to me.

I dunno I have to think about this some more.

Unvote

Haly

That doesn't sound right to me.

In an alternate universe where I never signed up, and Sorian composed a lengthy post-mortem about the game, and one of the first paragraphs started with:

Verelios, Ezekel, and Barry all overplayed their hands right at the start of Day 2

I would not bat an eye.

Ourobolus

Banned
1 of my abilities is usin my grappling hook to commute. 1 shot use sniper rifle and a 3rd thing I don't wish to say. All 1 shot.

V won't settle me vs Ouro. We would still have to deal with that. One of us has to be lying about widow and must be scum.

Fine. How about this, like Fran said - we lynch Verelios.

He flips town, I get lynched
He flips scum, you get lynched

Seems like a fair deal, no?

Fine. How about this, like Fran said - we lynch Verelios.

He flips town, I get lynched
He flips scum, you get lynched

Seems like a fair deal, no?

This is the scenario you have painted. You linked me and vere together for some reason. Idk if he is town or not. But what I do know is that you are not widow maker.

You die and you are wm - I die because I lied about WM n so does Vere since it would be believed I lied to protect him. Then continue with your list.

You die and aren't wm. - we get a clearer picture of ur motive. It's the most logical thing that has the least amount of possible town casualties.

Haly

why would I lie about this?

No I'm talking about Verelios. Why would he claim to be Lucio if he wasn't? I feel like Xam's is a counterclaim but he hasn't specified as such so maybe I was getting ahead of myself.

This is the scenario you have painted. You linked me and vere together for some reason. Idk if he is town or not. But what I do know is that you are not widow maker.

You die and you are wm - I die because I lied about WM n so does Vere since it would be believed I lied to protect him. Then continue with your list.

You die and aren't wm. - we get a clearer picture of ur motive. It's the most logical thing that has the least amount of possible town casualties.

Ouro has linked vere's flip to me when the reason I even started Ouro is because of ouro's lie. We can deal with vere next day phase. I can use my shot on him tonight and if that doesn't work we lynch him. Ouro flip gives more answers.

Ourobolus

Banned
Verelios ties us together whether you like it or not. You are defending him here, indirectly. Here are the scenarios:

A) I am Widowmaker and a cop. I found Verelios to be scum
B) I am a cop, but not Widowmaker. I found Verelios to be scum, but I fake claimed for...whatever reason.
C) I am Widowmaker, but not a cop. What the fuck would I do this for?
D) I am lying out my ass. Again, why the hell would I do this? If I am scum, I'm just gonna get lynched tomorrow, and a 1-for-1 trade with town is not in scum's best interest. Even worse if I am bussing a teammate, since scum then loses 2 people for no fucking reason.

So A) and B) are the only feasible scenarios, both of which help town. I'm telling you it is A), but if you need to push B) for whatever reason suits your scum scenario, by all means do so.

It should be be added as well that Ouro having cop status would mean Nin's status is questionable as well, since he said he investigated AbsoluteBro.

...Or does it? Role Madness is a thing isn't it? I'm gonna have to read through these Overwatch characters where I want to or not aren't I? Blegh.

Fun Fact: I neglected to read what the plans were for this game, so I had no idea this was supposed to be role madness until it was mentioned at game start.

Verelios ties us together whether you like it or not. You are defending him here, indirectly. Here are the scenarios:

A) I am Widowmaker and a cop. I found Verelios to be scum
B) I am a cop, but not Widowmaker. I found Verelios to be scum, but I fake claimed for...whatever reason.
C) I am Widowmaker, but not a cop. What the fuck would I do this for?
D) I am lying out my ass. Again, why the hell would I do this? If I am scum, I'm just gonna get lynched tomorrow, and a 1-for-1 trade with town is not in scum's best interest. Even worse if I am bussing a teammate, since scum then loses 2 people for no fucking reason.

So A) and B) are the only feasible scenarios, both of which help town. I'm telling you it is A), but if you need to push B) for whatever reason suits your scum scenario, by all means do so.
The only thing that I can think of is this is a mega bus. Vere scum flip gives you a blank ck. Mayb u figured wm had a shot and was worth lynching. A isn't possible since I am wm. B makes no sense with this being role madness.

Ourobolus

Banned
The only thing that I can think of is this is a mega bus. Vere scum flip gives you a blank ck. Mayb u figured wm had a shot and was worth lynching. A isn't possible since I am wm. B makes no sense with this being role madness.

Again, I am fine with getting lynched tomorrow if people think this is a bus. 1-for-1 is in town's interest. I'm town, so it works out just fine. If I was scum, I'm definitely screwing over my team.

A is the case here, so you can stop with the BS - especially since you are making up your abilities as you go along. What use does scum have with a commuter ability?

Haly

D) Lyncher makes sense, but that doesn't necessarily mean Verelios isn't scum.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm cool with this. I thought the weak excuse you had for tunneling vere was that of a tunneling townie. But you lied about wm.

Of course you are fine with it. You're not on deck today. Town gets more information from lynching Verelios today rather than me. Lynching Verelios also determines what to do with myself and you tomorrow. And since I'm pretty sure what the outcome of that is, you're the one that should be worried.

Top Bottom