• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New information on FF Versus XIII and Agito XIII from Nomura

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Himuro said:
Do we know who's writing the dialogue in Versus? That way I can know ahead of time whether or not I should kill myself after playing it?

Is it Nomura? Please say yes.

Nojima is doing the script.

carlo6529

Fimbulvetr said:
ultros.jpg

Is that the chick from The L Word?

lol.

Edit~ Also, anyone think that Agito XIII has a chance of being ported to the DS3D?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Fimbulvetr said:
ultros.jpg

Is that the chick from The L Word?

Posers do.

Nah, that's the 7th most searched female.

7Th

TheFury said:
How long do scans usually take to hit the net?

Depends on how hot-looking or promising the game is. Scans for potentially good games are out already, see: Ninokuni.

TheFury

H_Prestige said:
The magazine owners haven't picked up their jaws from the floor yet. Give them some more time.
That could take all day! They need to share so we can all drop our jaws in unison.

7Th said:
Depends on how hot-looking or promising the game is. Scans for potentially good games are out already, see: Ninokuni.
Both sound like they're going to be amazing so I can't fault them for getting those scans first. Still, I need Versus scans far more.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Himuro said:
Okay, good. I won't have to suffer through "Heroes never die!" lines in this game, then.

Well... You can expect the story to be convoluted. :p

But still: Convoluted > Moms are tough + I'll be your hero baby + Vanille squeals

Bukana

Can't wait for TGS .

- Battles are seamless. The only loading in the game will occur when moving between very large areas. They're aiming for the ultimate in seamlessness.

Sounds AWESOME :D .

Himuro said:
Do we know who's writing the dialogue in Versus? That way I can know ahead of time whether or not I should kill myself after playing it?

Is it Nomura? Please say yes.

Has Nomura actually written anything?

TheFury

Some of it is the same, but thought I'd share.

More Versus, Agito, and 3rd Birthday Updates

This update comes from FF Reunion. The Square Enix fan site reports the following bits, presumably based off various flying get sources from Famitsu and Dengeki, both of which seem to have some major Square Enix media this week:

* The Versus screenshots show a fight with a weaponized Behemoth in a city.
* Square Enix will be showing an unannounced title at TGS. Given the context, I think this means a Nomura game.
* Nomura says that the Versus visual quality will improve even beyond what's shown in the new screenshots.
* Agito's development is progressing well. You'll be able to move about on the world map via Chocobo and air ship.
* The 3rd Birthday will be of such quality that you won't think it's a PSP game. This applies to the graphics and volume.
* Nomura apparently says The 3rd Birthday will be the ultimate PSP title... until Agito comes out.
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/06/23/flying_get/

ULTROS!

Raistlin

Why do both, particularly Versus sound FAR better that the main game?

Hmmm, versus could be the first Square RPG I buy in a decade.

7Th

ULTROS! said:
Nojima + Nomura

Nope. The first KH game was written by Nojima and Keiko Nobumoto; then they "got rid" of Nobumoto because she was too good for them and had Nojima and Watanabe write KH 2. Watanabe then did BbS with Masaru Oka.

Ashkeloth

Hopefully this game will turn out better than the trainwreck that was 13.

I still can't believe square overlaid the battle menu over the cutscene that takes place on top of the train at the beginning of the game in their initial trailer for 13, so I'll remain apprehensive about this game until people have played it and given their impressions.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
As I said in the last Versus thread, they really should just drop XIII from the title. The story connections to FFXIII are utterly vague and irrelevant to most of the audience.... and marketing-wise it's not really that smart to link this to what will be an ancient game by the time this finally comes out. Even if FFXIII hadn't been such a mixed bag I would have said this, but especially so now.

How about "Final Fantasy Versus"? Give it its own sub-series... it probably deserves it much more than Crystal Chronicles.

TheChillyAcademic said:
Don't you pretend to care :p

Of course I care. Nojima is my hero. Heroes never run from a fight. If Nojima fought Toriyama, he would totally win because he has an iron maiden that shoots missiles while Toriyama only has a frying pan.

ULTROS!

BocoDragon said:
As I said in the last Versus thread, they really should just drop XIII from the title. The story connections to FFXIII are utterly vague and irrelevant to most of the audience.... and marketing-wise it's not really that smart to link this to what will be an ancient game by the time this finally comes out. Even if FFXIII hadn't been such a mixed bag I would have said this, but especially so now.

How about "Final Fantasy Versus"? Give it its own sub-series... it probably deserves it much more than Crystal Chronicles.

Or better yet, Final Fantasy XV

Vrakanox

I agree Boco I wouldn't mind seeing a bunch of Final Fantasy Versus'. Considering they rock as much as this one looks like it's going to.

It just hit me that we are finally going to see how this game looks like gameplay wise. I can't wait to see the screens. Gosh, it's taking forever.

Ashkeloth said:
Hopefully this game will turn out better than the trainwreck that was 13.

I still can't believe square overlaid the battle menu over the cutscene that takes place on top of the train at the beginning of the game in their initial trailer for 13

You mean the highway battle right?

ULTROS!

Shadow780 said:
ultros.jpg

Oh avatar quoting you from now on is gonna be so exciting!

If it's like InfiniteNine's... :(

Hopefully, my avatar won't end up as a tag
crosses fingers

Top Bottom