• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous Second Son 1.05 patch now available.

marmoka

Banned
This is the HDR patch isn't it? I was about to start playing First Light one month ago, but decided to wait for this patch before starting to play.

I will tell if I see any differences between the previous and the actual graphics. I like the first Second Son, and everyone says First Light is even better.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
99% sure it's the Pro patch, what else would it be after all this time?

jlIgYRzp9cupG.gif

marmoka

Banned
I don't know if my Full HD monitor supports HDR.

I probably don't need to waste my time downloading this patch.

This is almost hammering home my concerns regarding the patches, assuming these are specifically for Pro, then that's an additional 6GB non Pro users are wasting on their hard drives.

TLoU Remastered HDR patch was only 300ishMB. Will depend on the game and the extent developers go to. You don't HAVE to download the patch to play the game.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if I can be bothered reinstalling/ downloading them again. Some of the effects should look pretty good with HDR though....

Vashetti

Banned
You'll see most of these patches roll out before Nov 10th, so news sites actually have something to review for the Pro.

black070

Looking forward to all the posts from people saying they can't see the difference etc.

The biggest problem with HDR at the moment is there's no one fits all setting as of yet. What one person is seeing could be vastly different from what the intended display is supposed to look.

The Last of Us Remastered for example has a very subtle HDR implementation that people are still debating over.

This is almost hammering home my concerns regarding the patches, assuming these are specifically for Pro, then that's an additional 6GB non Pro users are wasting on their hard drives.
Yeah, I don't like this inflation at all.
If the new paradigm is two SKUs with different performance levels, they should really change the patching system so that non-Pro users can opt out of Pro only versions.

Vashetti

Banned
Advanced Pro patch is just for First Light i believe. Patch for Second Son seems to be just HDR.
Would be weird, but that's what i read earlier on Gaf somewhere.

I hope the Pro patch with higher res, etc. is for both though.

"Support for 4K televisions" in the patch notes confirms it's the same support that First Light is getting.

I have no clue, sorry - but I took it to mean resolution, otherwise there's no point mentioning it.

HDR is 4K support since no 1080P screens do HDR as far as i'm aware of. But i agree it would be weird if the resolution bump would be just for First Light.
They do mention it seperate.

Anteater

man the image quality is going to be insane, hope the pro (thing needs to be out already) can actually push the framerate higher, I might get the game and first light with the system

fade_

That game still has some of the best light effects I've seen in any game on any platform. Can't wait to see it in HDR.

Yeah, I don't like this inflation at all.
If the new paradigm is two SKUs with different performance levels, they should really change the patching system so that non-Pro users can opt out of Pro only versions.

I agree, (I'm getting a Pro) I don't feel it's right that people are having to download patches that are hardware locked, the patching system should recognise hardware models and download in accordance.

black070

Put a few quick minutes into it and it looks mighty impressive, much more so then The Last of Us Remastered's HDR implementation.

Top Bottom