• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate Just Got Pro Support

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
So those artefacts seem to be some sort of 4K upscale. If you compare the 1080p capture and the 4K capture, you can see the 1080p capture doesn't feature them (though is obviously sub-native).

1080p:
assassinscreedsyndicaaesch.png

4K:
assassinscreedsyndicayfs35.png

Lister

Banned
Lol. this is reminds me of the brave old days on PC, 90's. When upgrading to a new GPU was a toss up as to whher games would work well or would they look worse, etc, base don what you got and what game supported.

Consoles, you've got a ways to go to make this upgrading hardware thing smooth.

Carlius

Banned
Damn, hopefully more FPS stability too. I guess I should finish the game now.

Older titles getting Pro support warms my mind.
Game doesnt even run at 60fps on pc. why would it run any better on 4k on a console? I said it before and ill keep saying it..4k is just a waste of resources. Ps4 pro should be amazing at better looking titles at 1080p 60fps o even 1440.

black070

What a surprise huh. Not even a resolution bump is easy apparently.

Hopefully cerny said it was no time. Must be true.

I mean, both the Ezio Collection and Darksiders Warmastered support 4K, and I seriously doubt they would have bothered if it wasn't easy to achieve.

So yea just tried it and it looks very weird. The minmap seems to be native 4k but the game itself looks very pixelated.
When you zoom you can see each individual pixel. Also this seems like it's still running in 900p.
I think it looks worse than before :(

I also checked the options menu for a 4K toogle but didn't find anything.
EWm2tJN.jpg

jobrro

Was excited to see thread title, still pretty early in the game after buying it in a recent PSN sale.

Then I read the thread.

How is World of Final Fantasy going?

They are working on it, hopefully.

Dear Daniele,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We thank you for your interest in World of Final Fantasy.

We are aware of the issue and our developers are already working on it. Please keep an eye on the official wesbite for any future announcements.

We hope this answers your query, please contact us again if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team

Thank you for contacting us and for your interest in Square Enix products!
More help and information is available at the Square Enix Support Centre website.
http://support.eu.square-enix.com/

Hope it's real....

arhra

So those artefacts seem to be some sort of 4K upscale. If you compare the 1080p capture and the 4K capture, you can see the 1080p capture doesn't feature them (though is obviously sub-native).

1080p:
assassinscreedsyndicaaesch.png

4K:
assassinscreedsyndicayfs35.png

Looks like some kind of botched checkerboarding/TAA implementation (just look at the ghosting on the dress to the left), followed by a nearest-neighbour upscale to 4k.

Ah, what a bummer that it's only some UI. I'd figured Syndicate would never get a Pro patch, but if this is the result, I kinda wish they hadn't bothered.

KORNdoggy

just compared them both in photoshop like-for-like. and they both have the same pixilated IQ when you blow up the 1080p capture to 4k res. with the 4k version having marginal benefits to clarity in the distance. but yeah, this thing is clearly not rendering above 900p.

poor showing ubi. you may as well not have bothered.

NewDust

Looking at the J Mailings sign, the origin of the artifact seems to be there in the original to, it's just blurred out due to the lower pixel count.

eso76

Ouch.
So i guess the patch only enables the extra cpu and gpu power to make the game run smoother.
It runs smoother, right ?

I mean, the patch is simply there so the game aknowledges it's running on a PS4Pro and doesn't run in PS4 vanilla mode, which should give it a significant advantage in terms of performances.

Looks like some kind of botched checkerboarding/TAA implementation (just look at the ghosting on the dress to the left), followed by a nearest-neighbour upscale to 4k.

That looks like an LOD transition being cross-dithered in. Not a checkerboarding error.

Lucreto

Did they fix the problem of racing around in a carriage and the gaming stopping for a second to load the road ahead?

Fliesen

That looks like an LOD transition being cross-dithered in. Not a checkerboarding error.

i do recall AC being filled with weird kind of transition / dithering effects.

But how do you explain the fact that even Evie, who's standing still and - i presume - at her full LoD at all times, to have these kinds of artifacts.

Similarly, the fountain in the right of the image has them all over the place. I feel like they're connected to transparency effects not scaling up in a clean fashion.
But i really don't know shit, so ... :)

onQ123

It's like they never even got a PS4 Pro dev kit but seen a box that said 4K support in the new SDK & checked that box to see what happens.

KodaRuss

I think I am going to bite on this now then. It seems some people think Unity is better but this game definitely appeals to me.

Top Bottom