• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Laura Kate Dale : Switch exclusive, being revealed in Dec, gameplay trailer ready

OryoN

I don't know why Dale releasing such internals constantly. Developer will be unhappy that their game reveal is spoiled and it adds nothing to the Switch discussion.

And if its only a slightly changed UE4 tech demo its another proof that Dale should get their sources right.

If a few blurry pics add "nothing to the Switch discussion," then there is nothing to spoil. Also, if the devs were worried about spoilers, then they likely wouldn't reveal their trailer to a journalist - who is known for leaking Switch details - at this time. The way this stuff usually works is that the journalist gets a green light from the source on what they can/can't tease. Otherwise, they'd effectively burn bridges, and lose valuable 'insiders'.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
People getting excited by the gfx are gonna be disappointed, there's no way the firsr and last image specifically are running in real time, the lighting (and grass) gives it away... that's be even over ps4 levels.
Second image appears to be in-game and it's in stark contrast with the quality of the more impressive shots.
We'll see...

Alpha_eX

It shows Mario, Luigis and Toad

large.jpg

I'm really not liking where this is going.. exciting either, just out of nowhere!

Thanks for sharing that, could only find news articles. Seems I missed that bombshell when I was away in November.

I feel like every console cycle has that random game that announces a bit earlier then everyone else just to get a little advantage by exciting people about being a game on hew hardware. Its the Dark Sector strategy.

Looks nice though. Unreal?

I think the dev wanted a bit of hype to get some attention for their game. I can't blame them, though. There's a lot of noise out there, so a little "leak" that draws attention to their game is good. They can come in and talk more about it once she's spilled the beans. In the meantime they get a bit of hype and awareness.

True, but those where just the ones I pulled off the top of my head. She recently confirmed the dock situation (boosts performance when docked). I think she did this one twice. I think people pretty much trust her at this point. I don't see much of a reason not to, either. With how changing the game business is, what's true today can be totally wrong tomorrow. Nothing wrong with that. If she starts getting a lot of stuff wrong, then I think people will re-evaluate how much stock they put into what she says. But Eurogamer seems to back up what she says, so that must mean something.

That's fair enough. I'm sticking by my comment of her PS4 slim reveals. That was cringeworthy on her part.

How can Nintendo greenlight such an annoucement?

You know the first game announced will get the hundreds of video analysing the visuals and will tell a lot of people which level of power they can expect (even if this is nonsense).
If the game is ugly, prepare for the obligatory "lol the switch is once again an underpowered system lmfao", "so who canceled their switch preorder" and "is it me or is the switch less powerful than a WiiU" threads.

EDarkness

I highly doubt Nintendo greenlit an announcement. This may very well be an attempt by a small studio to get attention (and thus financing).

Having dealt with Nintendo a lot over the last year, i have to say they can be pretty accommodating based on the situation. I owe them a lot these days and they've helped me a lot with development. If that wasn't the case we wouldn't have the games announced that we have so far. This game isn't all that big and isn't gonna mess with what they have going on in January. On top of that, if they think the game looks great on it's own, they'd love to have the press so I imagine they'd give them the go ahead. Especially since people have seen an actual game on the system now. I think it's gonna be a trickle of information and game announcements as we get closer to January 12th with more heavy hitters revealed on that day and afterwards.

Shahadan

I highly doubt Nintendo greenlit an announcement. This may very well be an attempt by a small studio to get attention (and thus financing).

Who knows? Giving the spotlight to an indie game first can be really good press and that doesn't lessen the january real thing, which is more about big devs/games anyway

Yeah i don't think that representitive of ingame gfx. Either way let those guys have their spot in the limelight with this "leak", if they get (additional) financing it's all good, right.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Ah the first overhyped indie on a new Nintendo system. Feels like it was just yesterday. Kinda looks to be using those stock UE4 assets from the kite demo.

Gotta keep those scoops coming somehow until the faucet is shut off next year I guess.

How can Nintendo greenlight such an annoucement?

You know the first game announced will get the hundreds of video analysing the visuals and will tell a lot of people which level of power they can expect (even if this is nonsense).
If the game is ugly, prepare for the obligatory "lol the switch is once again an underpowered system lmfao", "so who canceled their switch preorder" and "is it me or is the switch less powerful than a WiiU" threads.

I think thats totally not the target audience they are try to get at. All this analysing yt vids or write ups are for the tech enthusiasts first, most nintendohardwarebuyers dont care about the power the system has in the end. The WiiU had some stunning looking games, but ive seen some comments in screenshots threads where Nintendo games are not that welcome, as its not next gen or its too kiddy/colorful etc.

You will allways have these kind of behaviour, so maybe better ignore it.

I think the switch will have enough games with great visuals in 1080/30 or 60 (Nintendo games foremost?), and even in 720p it can look great.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Ah the first overhyped indie on a new Nintendo system. Feels like it was just yesterday. Kinda looks to be using those stock UE4 assets from the kite demo.

Gotta keep those scoops coming somehow until the faucet is shut off next year I guess.

Oh wow the first nintendo hate driven post of today?

Kimawolf

Wow. Nvidia are gods of hardware confirmed. If those are in game scenes....Looks like the beast from the east may be back.

Backflip

Rodin

I mean i can believe these shots are from an in engine cutscene, but gameplay? No way. If that's gameplay of a small indie title the Switch is a fucking insane beast considering it runs on mobile hardware. I don't think that's the case though.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I think GameBlog.fr article states next week they'll have an interview with developers and a "46-seconds surprise", but I hope someone with a far bigger knowledge of French than, well, Google Translate can confirm it.

Zedark

Time to start bashing indies is upon us apparently.

Top Bottom