• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 50, 2016 (Dec 12 - Dec 18)

ethomaz

Banned
It may have already reached a million if we include digital sales.
Hardly.

Digital could be way lower than 100k... to be fair I will be surprised if it break 100k digital in Japan.

Nah it's not just Final Fantasy. It's game sales in general. Compare these game sales to one from the late 90's and it's a huge difference. I don't follow these sales threads very closely so seeing how much the numbers have dropped was kind of shocking.
So how do explain others franchises having small drop or even increasing sales??? I don't buy this is the market.

Usebase is a fail excuse too because PS4 has bigger userbase than PS3 at FFXIII launch.

Got to admit its strange that Nippon Ichi seems to be one of the only developers excited about the platform.

Nipping Ichi, the main company among the niche developers I remember being vocally excited about PS4 (promising to push username with Disgaea 5). Clearly scraping to find a platform to cling to in order to keep themselves afloat, lol.

In fact things seem oddly similar now with Square-Enix being the other company with known Switch plans, just like they were vocal about PS4.

I wonder what NIS will have for Switch? Witch & Hundred Knight 2? Or something like their Vita games, I.e. Titles with no budget.

LordKano

Nipping Ichi, the main company among the niche developers I remember being vocally excited about PS4 (promising to push username with Disgaea 5). Clearly scraping to find a platform to cling to in order to keep themselves afloat, lol.

In fact things seem oddly similar now with Square-Enix being the other company with known Switch plans, just like they were vocal about PS4.

I wonder what NIS will have for Switch? Witch & Hundred Knight 2? Or something like their Vita games, I.e. Titles with no budget.

Inb4 exclusive Disgaea 6 releasing the same day as Dragon Quest XI.

hussmk

Neo Member
So how do explain others franchises having small drop or even increasing sales??? I don't buy this is the market.

Usebase is a fail excuse too because PS4 has bigger userbase than PS3 at FFXIII launch.

PS3 was at 4.3+ million on XIII launch week, so no PS4 does not have a bigger userbase when you make the comparison. Although clearly userbase is not the real issue with FFXV's sales here.

I largely agree with your first point though, very few franchises have declined as heavily as FF this generation, even though most are down across the board. Moreover, franchises that have increased in sales (such as Persona 5) are rare exceptions and should not be used as a parameter for that very reason, in my opinion.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Digital is only usually a big deal in Japan when its sold out everywhere else and incredibly popular and not something that gets a ton of copies traded in. So...Animal Crossing and nothing else.

Oregano

Inb4 exclusive Disgaea 6 releasing the same day as Dragon Quest XI.

Seriously if it's one of their "big" games I would just expect Disgaea 5. They weren't able to port it to Vita which obviously hurt them. Otherwise it's probably a small no-budget game as you said(like their one 3DS game).

ethomaz

Banned
PS3 was at 4.3+ million on XIII launch week, so no PS4 does not have a bigger userbase when you make the comparison. Although clearly userbase is not the real issue with FFXV's sales here.
It reached 4.276.480 at FFXIII week... it was at 4.039.395 on FFXIII launch... but you are right PS4 had a 200-300k lower userbase that hold my point userbase is not the reason.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Seriously if it's one of their "big" games I would just expect Disgaea 5. They weren't able to port it to Vita which obviously hurt them. Otherwise it's probably a small no-budget game as you said(like their one 3DS game).

Oh, I seem I'm not the only one who still remembers this was actually a thing!

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/01/1...snt-disgaea-but-has-a-tie-to-the-srpg-series/

Yeah, I'm going with an enhanced port of Disgaea 5 as their debut title for the platform as a guess, like Oregano

I see a lot of assumptions about the digital sales in Japan based on... what exactly ?

What we know is the digital share from an editor like EA for PS4 and Xbox One games was up to 29% in 2016. According to EA, this is also the share for the rest of the industries. Of course they are most likely talking about the western market.

From there, why should we assume that the digital consumption would be so much below in Japan ? Correct me if I'm wrong but every chunk of digital data we have from Famitsu are nothing else but estimates right ?

What we lack is some serious hint about the digital share and habits for the japanese market, some % coming from the mouth of Square Enix or another big japanese publisher. Do we have something like that ?

I was just thinking tangentially about something Duckroll posted a couple of pages ago. I think the PS3 FFVII Technical Demo really hurt Square's ability to make FF remakes and keep the franchise in the Japanese public's consciousness. There's no way you could have simply done an enhanced remaster of FFVII on the Vita or even PS3. They could have kept the pre-rendered backgrounds intact, redone the characters with realistic designs, added new cutscenes and maybe added a bonus side quest with Gackt's character from Crisis Core - all on a smallish budget. People would lose their shit because it doesn't look like the Technical Demo.

This knocks on to the VIII and IX remakes too - people are going to want those games to look as good as FFVIIr for PS4 too, because they're almost as popular.

Square can only do the FFV and FFVI remakes for cheap because they're old sprite games, and last tech demo FFVI appeared in was on the N64.

Digital is only usually a big deal in Japan when its sold out everywhere else and incredibly popular and not something that gets a ton of copies traded in. So...Animal Crossing and nothing else.

Wrong.

I see a lot of assumptions about the digital sales in Japan based on... what exactly ?

What we know is the digital share from an editor like EA for PS4 and Xbox One games was up to 29% in 2016. According to EA, this is also the share for the rest of the industries. Of course they are most likely talking about the western market.

From there, why should we assume that the digital consumption would be so much below in Japan ? Correct me if I'm wrong but every chunk of digital data we have from Famitsu are nothing else but estimates right ?

What we lack is some serious hint about the digital share and habits for the japanese market, some % coming from the mouth of Square Enix or another big japanese publisher. Do we have something like that ?

Nothing. We have monthly estimates or even LTDs in some cases. PS4 usually has higher digital ratios than any other platform iirc.

https://sites.google.com/site/gamedatalibrary/software-by-platform/playstation-4

L~A

I was just thinking tangentially about something Duckroll posted a couple of pages ago. I think the PS3 FFVII Technical Demo really hurt Square's ability to make FF remakes and keep the franchise in the Japanese public's consciousness. There's no way you could have simply done an enhanced remaster of FFVII on the Vita or even PS3. They could have kept the pre-rendered backgrounds intact, redone the characters with realistic designs, added new cutscenes and maybe added a bonus side quest with Gackt's character from Crisis Core - all on a smallish budget. People would lose their shit because it doesn't look like the Technical Demo.

This knocks on to the VIII and IX remakes too - people are going to want those games to look as good as FFVIIr for PS4 too, because they're almost as popular.

Square can only do the FFV and FFVI remakes for cheap because they're old sprite games, and last tech demo FFVI appeared in was on the N64.

Kind of like people went crazy when Nintendo unveiled The Wind Waker, and it looked nothing like the tech demo?

Or people being disappointed TPHD didn't look like the Wii U tech demo :')

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Final Fantasy IV is nowhere near my favorite FF game. However, I love collecting it. I have...around thirty copies of the game/its sequel now.

That's the real problem with FF IV. It has been released roughly twice a generation, every generation, since it came out.

FF III did amazing because FF III never was released after that first time. It eventually found its way to most modern platforms with diminishing returns each time.

FF V is a lot like three. It's had those shitty mobile ports to go along with the amazing GBA version but a full on DS remake would have probably done a bit better than FF IV's.

Oregano

Someone who pays more attention than me can probably say more but haven't those Famitsu charts been proven to be way out in some circumstances?(think it was figured based on 3DS eShop figures?)

Orgen

Someone who pays more attention than me can probably say more but haven't those Famitsu charts been proven to be way out in some circumstances?(think it was figured based on 3DS eShop figures?)

Yep, I think it was also with Splatoon numbers. For me they aren't very reliable but at least it's something :|

That reminds me, Disgaea D2 was never ported anywhere. I remember them saying they weren't able to get Witch & Hundred Knight onto Vita but I'm surprised they never tried with D2. They got Disgaea 4 running and it was a nice little revenue stream for them.

Of course, wouldn't make a very good entry point for Switch users
So that makes it a perfect choice right?

Assumption? Famitsu actually shares digital sales in Japan.

I'm going to ask for some confirmation here. I talked about that in my previous post. Aren't those digital sales 100% estimates from Famitsu ? If not, it means publishers are offering Famitsu data about their ditigal sales and... excuse me but why would they do that ? ^^' No one does that. A bunch of publishers are now sharing their digital data with the NPD to build a monthly top 10 in value, but I believe we have yet to see a single digital number leaking.

I have not seen those Famitsu digital sales in a while by the way, did they stopped "reporting" that ?

Oregano

Yep, I think it was also with Splatoon numbers. For me they aren't very reliable but at least it's something :|

Hmmm, I don't think it's ever been clarified whether they get numbers from Sony/Nintendo or not.

That reminds me, Disgaea D2 was never ported anywhere. I remember them saying they weren't able to get Witch & Hundred Knight onto Vita but I'm surprised they never tried with D2. They got Disgaea 4 running and it was a nice little revenue stream for them.

Of course, wouldn't make a very good entry point for Switch users
So that makes it a perfect choice right?

Well surely all those future Switch owners played Disgaea DS so Disgaea D2 is the perfect game!

ethomaz

Banned
I'm going to ask for some confirmation here. I talked about that in my previous post. Aren't those digital sales 100% estimates from Famitsu ? If not, it means editors are giving them informations about their ditigal sales and... excuse me but why would they do that ? ^^' No one does that. A bundh of publishers are now sharing their digital data with the NPD for the top 10, but we have yet to see a single digital number leaking.

I have not seen those Famitsu digital sales in a while by the way, did they stopped "reporting" that ?
Nobody public shares sales data except Japan... NPD, GFK or others tracking companies didn't share sales data while MediaCreate / Famitsu continue every week.
That is a Japan thing not shared by western companies. It is a cultural thing... so why Japan can't share digital like they share retail??? I see no issue here.

About the estimated digital numbers by Famitsu... well like NPD it is estimation and it is close enough to be used.

MacTag

Banned
So have Famitsu packaged figures. So have NPD numbers. Sales tracking isn't perfect.

Oregano

So have Famitsu packaged figures. So have NPD numbers. Sales tracking isn't perfect.

True but they're two very different beasts. Digital Sales will always be from one source, there would only ever be one number to draw from.

EDIT: Unless there's some weird methodology I'm missing.

ethomaz

Banned
True but they're two very different beasts. Digital Sales will always be from one source, there would only ever be one number to draw from.

EDIT: Unless there's some weird methodology I'm missing.
There are a lot of sources for digital sales (a lot of publishers).

NPD for example only get numbers from some 3rd party publishers (that already is a lot of sources)... not from Sony/Nintendo/MS.

I guess the same happens with Famitsu and that is why they didn't share digital for all games... just these that hey have some deal with the publisher.

Oregano

There are a lot of sources for digital sales (a lot of publishers).

NPD for example only get numbers from some 3rd party publishers (that already is a lot of sources)... not from Sony/Nintendo/MS.

I guess the same happens with Famitsu and that is why they didn't share digital for all games... just these that hey have some deal with the publisher.

Right but then the numbers they report for specific games(Eg Splatoon mentioned earlier) should be bang on then right? Because only Nintendo would be able to report that.

I think Disgaea 1 and 2 HD would be very smart first picks. I'm not sure if starting with Disgaea 5 would work so well if the series is continuity heavy.

They have both on PC, just port and polish them up and I think they'd be good, especially in a two pack (like Yakuza 1&2 HD, both series had their first two on PS2).

That's just me though, obviously Disgaea 5 would be awesome, but is the series too strong story-wise where jumping in the 5th game would be easy enough to do? I guess this isn't like Mass Effect 3 on Wii U which was a REALLY bad jumping-in point (and NO, a digital comic of 1 and 2 in the beginning doesn't help! LOL).

Thoughts?

ethomaz

Banned
Right but then the numbers they report for specific games(Eg Splatoon mentioned earlier) should be bang on then right? Because only Nintendo would be able to report that.
How they get the data or the deal they have with the publishers only Famitsu knows... it is not public... maybe they get it directly from Nintendo.

Famitsu had Splatoon at 143.224 until Sep 25th... Is that difference from Nintendo own data???

L~A

Famitsu digital "sales" are not sales at all, they're only estimates based on some surveys of theirs (hiska-kun or Chris explained it once, when this same topic was brought up). Fairly certain they don't get direct data from Nintendo, Sony or anyone else.

It cannot be compared to actual retail sales data, that they obtain by extrapolating sales from a panel of retailers (I forgot the exact number of stores, it was previously mentioned in a MC thread). While definitely not perfect, it's infinitely more reliable than the digital estimates, which have proven on several occasions to be extremely unreliable (though they're great to get an idea of how much a game has sold digitally).

Digital sales are frequently discussed in those threads, but it's generally done by comparing the official data from publishers with what the three trackers are reporting.

Famitsu digital "sales" are not sales at all, they're only estimates based on some surveys of theirs (hiska-kun or Chris explained it once, when this same topic was brought up). Fairly certain they don't get direct data from Nintendo, Sony or anyone else.

It cannot be compared to actual retail sales data, that they obtain by extrapolating sales from a panel of retailers (I forgot the exact number of stores, it was previously mentioned in a MC thread). While definitely not perfect, it's infinitely more reliable than the digital estimates, which have proven on several occasions to be extremely unreliable (though they're great to get an idea of how much a game has sold digitally).

Digital sales are frequently discussed in those threads, but it's generally done by comparing the official data from publishers with what the three trackers are reporting.

So anyone remember how many stores they track (and what % they cover? iirc NPD is currently like 95%+)

Go_Ly_Dow

Nearly a month since launch and we're still awaiting for S-E to announce further sales milestones for XV. For example, "6mil shipped worldwide, 1 mil sold through in Japan...etc.....".

Until then we can assume the game is still selling through the initial worldwide shipments, or there's been no significant milestones reached since the last announcement.

Oregano

I think Disgaea 1 and 2 HD would be very smart first picks. I'm not sure if starting with Disgaea 5 would work so well if the series is continuity heavy.

They have both on PC, just port and polish them up and I think they'd be good, especially in a two pack (like Yakuza 1&2 HD, both series had their first two on PS2).

That's just me though, obviously Disgaea 5 would be awesome, but is the series too strong story-wise where jumping in the 5th game would be easy enough to do? I guess this isn't like Mass Effect 3 on Wii U which was a REALLY bad jumping-in point (and NO, a digital comic of 1 and 2 in the beginning doesn't help! LOL).

Thoughts?

Porting the two original games would be a bad idea IMO. Those games have been around enough, just look at how Yakuza did on Wii U. Going with Disgaea 5 would be okay because the games are largely unconnected. Besides they'd be aiming to get the portable/Vita fans to pick the game up on Switch.

How they get the data or the deal they have with the publishers only Famitsu knows... it is not public... maybe they get it directly from Nintendo.

Famitsu had Splatoon at 143.224 until Sep 25th... Is that difference from Nintendo own data???

As I said I don't pay enough attention to that stuff, I just remember talk of numbers clearly being out. Orgen mentioned Splatoon but I'm not sure if that was the game people were on about.

I'm not sure where else they'd get the numbers, Nintendo is platform holder, retailer and publisher in that scenario.

@ethomaz and MacTag, I'm not a professional but I'm pretty sure it's delicate to put retail and digital tracking on the same level. I say delicate to not say absurd. First time I see someone using this argument.

When you are GfK/NPD/Media Create, you have a pretty clear methodology based on a solid retail panel. Those institutes are giving numbers from what they track with they own eyes, based on retailer and reseller actual sales data.

When Famitsu estimate digital sales... well ? God only know from what ass they are pulling them. How one can assume tracking retail and digital is the same job is beyond me. In fact I don't even see how something like "digital tracking" could exist.

I stand by the fact we don't have any solid starting point to concludes anything about japanese digital sales, like we have for the western market with EA's 29% digital share.

Anyway, when was the last time Famitsu share digital sales ? What do they say about FFXV ?

Bonus question for everyone :
in a country where I read since I'm a little boy that "the rooms are tiny" the digital era should be greatly welcomed by users, no ? :p

EDIT

L~A

Aaah thanks at last ! That was my assumption from the start about the Famitsu digital thing.

ethomaz

Banned
I did some research...

Splatoon by Nintedo break 1 million in Japan at Week 50 2015.
Famitsu has the game at 889.773 at that same week.

Well the ~150k digital for September 2016 looks close enough if you account the margin of error for a game with about ~1.5m sold in Japan.

Porting the two original games would be a bad idea IMO. Those games have been around enough, just look at how Yakuza did on Wii U. Going with Disgaea 5 would be okay because the games are largely unconnected. Besides they'd be aiming to get the portable/Vita fans to pick the game up on Switch.

Good point. Having D5 be portable would be a huge incentive for fans to pick it up on Switch (and doubles as a console version for folks who haven't bothered getting it on PS4).

Oregano

Bonus question : in a country where I read since I'm a little boy that "the rooms are tiny" the digital era should be greatly welcomed by users, no ? :p

You can't resell digital games though and used games sales are massive in Japan.

Btw thanks L~A for clarifying.

Thoughts?

There's no continuity between titles, they're all separate entities (with small cameos). Exception to this us Disgaea D2, which was a direct sequel to Disgaea 1.

D5 is best starting point. 1 & 2 HD would bomb.

And if ever there was an argument for "release on Nintendo platforms because you'll be hitting a new audience who don't buy games elsewhere", posts like this are it :p

BriBri

Nintendo only Famitsu Digital Estimates from 31 October - 27 November (no time for Sony)

01. Pokémon Sun Moon (3DS) - 2.386,327 (2.327,453/58,874)
02. PriPara Mezameyo! Megami no Dress Design (3DS) - 30,613 (30,197/416)
03. Mario Party: Star Rush (3DS) - 29,933 (28,770/1,163)
04. Beyblade Burst (3DS) - 24,214 (23,952/262)
05. Minecraft: Wii U Edition (Wii U) - 21,938 (19,439/2,499)
06. Monster Hunter Stories (3DS) - 20,788 (19,372/1,416)
07. Tobidase Doubutsu no Mori amiibo+ (3DS) - 19,256 (17,814/1,442)
08. Yokai Watch 3: Sushi/Tempura (3DS) - 16,449 (16,086/363)

Numbers are overall (retail/digital). Download cards count as retail.

Nearly a month since launch and we're still awaiting for S-E to announce further sales milestones for XV. For example, "6mil shipped worldwide, 1 mil sold through in Japan...etc.....".

Until then we can assume the game is still selling through the initial worldwide shipments, or there's been no significant milestones reached since the last announcement.

You got initial shipment. Prob get another update in March. Also maybe NPD data

Ōkami

Famitsu Digital Estimates (Oct 31 - Nov 27)

01. [3DS] Pokémon Sun / Moon: 58.874 / 58.874 (Pokémon Co.) - {18/11/2016}
02. [PS4] Bloodborne: The Old Hunters Edition: 36.493 / 36.493 (Sony Computer Entertainment) - {03/12/2015}*
03. [PS4] Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare: 24.309 / 24.309 (Sony Interactive Entertainment) - {04/11/2016}
04. [PS4] SD Gundam G Generation Genesis: 19.022 / 19.022 (Bandai Namco) - {22/11/2016}
05. [PS4] Dishonored HD: 18.184 / 18.184 (Bethesda Softworks) - {27/08/2015}*
06. [PS4] Tom Clancy's Rainbox Six: Siege: 16.107 / 39.944 (Ubisoft) - {10/12/2015}*
07. [PSV] SD Gundam G Generation Genesis: 15.850 / 15.850 (Bandai Namco) - {22/11/2016}
08. [PSV] Romancing SaGa 2: 14.116 / 77.988 (Square Enix) - {24/03/2016}*
09. [PS4] Titanfall 2: 13.824 / 19.893 (Electronic Arts) - {27/10/2016}
10. [PS4] Battlefield 1: 13.628 / 57.180 (Electronic Arts) - {18/10/2016}
11. [PS4] Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2: 11.217 / 11.217 (Bandai Namco) - {02/11/2016}
12. [PS4] Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star: 9.966 / 9.966 (Marvelous) - {10/11/2016}
13. [PS4] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition: 8.635 / 8.635 (Bethesda Softworks) - {10/11/16}
14. [PSV] Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star: 7.973 / 7.973 (Marvelous) - {10/11/2016}
15. [PS4] Atelier Firis: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Journey: 4.913 / 4.913 (Koei Tecmo) - {02/11/16}
16. [PS4] Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization: 4.463 / 27.286 (Bandai Namco) - {27/10/2016}
17. [PS4] Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru: 3.347 / 3.347 (Koei Tecmo) - {23/11/2016}
18. [PS4] World of Final Fantasy: 3.095 / 11.523 (Square Enix) - {27/10/2016}
19. [PSV] Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization: 2.550 / 11.941 (Bandai Namco) - {27/10/2016}
20. [WIU] Minecraft: Wii U Edition: 2.499 / 175.102 (Microsoft) - {17/12/2015}*
21. [PSV] Atelier Firis: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Journey: 2.053 / 2.053 (Koei Tecmo) - {02/11/16}
22. [PSV] World of Final Fantasy: 1.857 / 6.673 (Square Enix) - {27/10/2016}
23. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition: 1.556 / 349.980 (Mojang) - {23/06/2014}
24. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo: 1.442 / 1.442 (Nintendo) - {23/11/2016}
25. [3DS] Monster Hunter Stories: 1.416 / 14.106 (Capcom) - {08/10/2016}
26. [PSV] Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru: 1.196 / 1.196 (Koei Tecmo) - {23/11/2016}
27. [3DS] Mario Party: Star Rush: 1.163 / 3.502 (Nintendo) - {20/10/2016}
28. [3DS] PriPara Mezameyo! Megami no Dress Design: 416 / 416 (Takara Tomy) - {10/11/2016}
29. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sushi / Tempura: 363 / 25.640 (Level 5) - {16/07/2016}
30. [3DS] Beyblade: Burst: 262 / 262 (FuRyu) - {10/11/2016}25.640 (Level 5) - {16/07/2016}

*LTD incomplete, some data is missing.

BriBri

Pokémon Sun Moon digital ratio was just 2.5%. Monster Hunter Stories the month before was 4.9%. Terrible few months on the eShop.

d+pad

NIS should forget about old Disgaea and make sure Birthdays the Beginning has a Switch port ready to go.

Now THIS is an idea I can get behind!

I'd also personally like NIS to port some of its small Vita games to Switch (and this is coming from someone who already owns physical copies of pretty much all of these games)...

Eolz

Honestly, it looks like NIS already decided that its future was on PC for its niche Vita games.

Oregano

Just done a quick read through of Gematsu's translations of (some of) the 4Gamer interviews and some quick notes(about stuff that interests me):

Arc System Works Producer wants to make a game that can be announced in a Nintendo Direct(lol)
Etrian Odyssey and Shin Megami Tensei both have anniversaries.
Inti-Creates has a Blaster Master Zero surprise?
New evolution of Toukiden in 2017?
More SaGa in 2017?(ports of Scarlet Grace)
Puyo Puyo announcement in Mid-January(hmm....)
Nippon Ichi President makes a big point about supporting Switch

I'd also personally like NIS to port some of its small Vita games to Switch (and this is coming from someone who already owns physical copies of pretty much all of these games)...

I'm not sure any of them were successful enough to warrant that. They all feel like experiments that didn't end well.

Only game which genuinely seemed to do very well on Vita was Coven, which was much higher in production values than things like Hero Must Die/Rose & Castle of Twilight/World's Longest 5 Minutes.

Oregano

I'm not sure any of them were successful enough to warrant that. They all feel like experiments that didn't end well.

Only game which genuinely seemed to do very well on Vita was Coven, which was much higher in production values than things like Hero Must Die/Rose & Castle of Twilight/World's Longest 5 Minutes.

The Director of that says they want to make a sequel in the 4Gamer interview after the great reviews.

Eolz

Just done a quick read through of Gematsu's translations of (some of) the 4Gamer interviews and some quick notes(about stuff that interests me):

Arc System Works Producer wants to make a game that can be announced in a Nintendo Direct(lol)
Etrian Odyssey and Shin Megami Tensei both have anniversaries.
Inti-Creates has a Blaster Master Zero surprise?
Puyo Puyo announcement in Mid-January(hmm....)
Nippon Ichi President makes a big point about supporting Switch

Cf bolded: is it another one of those "can't make the same games as for other platforms, let's make chibi Guilty Gear instead"? Goddammit I hope not.
SMT V announcement (or a new spinoff?) seems to have been teased several times this year for 2017...

There's some interesting bits in there. The SaGa mention is almost certainly a port to other platforms.

The Toukiden information is rather interesting. Difference between producers:

We want to deliver a new evolution of the Toukiden series in 2017 as well, so please look forward to it.

Personally, I would like to take on a new title [outside of Toukiden]

Doesn't sound particularly stable. Guessing the evolution is Toukiden 2 Kiwami.

Top Bottom