View Single Post
Dariuas
RiME Community Manager
(01-03-2017, 08:26 PM)
Hey everyone,

I have introduced myself in the past on some of these threads about RiME but I'll do it again really quickly here before I dive into some posts and try to cover most of it. My name is Tim; I am the Team Grey Box Community Manager for RiME.

When you first heard of RiME it was going to be a Playstation exclusive, and while that is the past of RiME, the game that you see today is with Grey Box. We are helping Tequila Works make the game they originally envisioned and are helping them release that vision. The old trailer and information show off a very early iteration of RiME and are not representative of the final product that will be released later this year.

I have seen some posts asking if the game is real, and I can promise you that it is very much real. From the moment I started working here, I started playing RiME, I have watched it grow, provided feedback on the gameplay and had in-person meetings with Tequila Works at their offices in Madrid. Nothing you see today about RiME is fake. All footage was 100% taken from an actual playable version of the game. With that, some folks have commented on the FPS of the trailer, and while the trailer is in 30FPS, it was captured in a development build and the game is still being optimized.

We will be releasing RiME on PC, Xbox One, Playstation 4 and the Nintendo Switch, as I mentioned we're releasing in May, and once we have a more concrete day we'll let you know.

RiME is an exciting adventure game that I have really enjoyed working on, and I know people will enjoy playing.

I am glad you guys are part of this adventure, and cannot wait for you to get your hands on it!

~Tim