• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdPizza

Banned
I guess Amazon and Chase just came out with another credit card for Prime members that offers 5% back.

This is 2% better than if you had just the normal Amazon Rewards card through Chase.

https://www.amazon.com/iss/credit/r...=UTF8&ms3_c=e733aefaec01b57f3043a88a96da3422&

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/01/new-amazon-prime-rewards-visa/

The good news is, if you already have the Amazon Rewards card and are a Prime member, you will be upgraded automatically. I checked on my card in my manage payment options of my Amazon account to check and saw that it's already been upgraded.

If you don't have the card and want it, you'll have to be a Prime member and will get a $70 gift card as a sign up bonus. No annual fee. I don't work for Amazon or Chase.

How long will this be open? I might look into this later in the year. That basically makes everything tax free again for me.

Amory

Hm. I have the regular card and I'm a prime member...doesn't seem to have automatically upgraded me.

Nice! I was thinking about getting the Amazon Store card for the 5% but I already have the Chase Amazon card and have been holding out. Good thing I did! When does the 5% start? I know it says I will be mailed a new card but my benefits will kick in on the old card. Unless I missed that part?

Can confirm that my card has been upgraded

Another metal card eh?

Cool that Chase brought the cash back % to parity with the Amazon Store Card (through Synchrony), looks like you still can't transfer those Amazon Rewards to the Ultimate Rewards program (Sapphire Preferred and Reserve) tho

How easy is it to manage the card? It would be ideal to add it to my Bank of America app but i at least want to make sure transferring funds is straightforward on either the site or on mobile.

blAAAm!!!

Neo Member
ive had this card for 4+ years already. I use it on everyday items purchases and pay it off at the end of the month. This %5 on amazon purchases is awesome!

Massicot

Looks like I'm upgraded. I doubt a new card is needed since it's a digital storefront but I'll keep an eye on the mail anyways.

Astarte

How's the Amazon card? I'm mildly curious about it but I've heard wildly different things about the previous one.

Ron Mexico

On the Amazon side, it's showing the 5%. However on the Chase side, it's still showing 3%. I imagine it's just a matter of updating their site?

Horns

I was thinking the other day about signing up. If they offered one of those deals where you got an Echo for spending a couple thousand over the first few months, I would sign up today.

kirblar

I literally applied for the Amazon-Only Synchrony card a week ago due to it offering 5% and was going to stop using my Chase one. Now I don't have to, AND I have a free $50 giftcard. Things worked out! (My card was upgraded, it's showing on Amazon but not on Chase's website yet)

ColdPizza

Banned
I was thinking the other day about signing up. If they offered one of those deals where you got an Echo for spending a couple thousand over the first few months, I would sign up today.

well, you'll get a $70 gift card that you can put towards one, and you don't have to spend anything.

I was getting this perk through the Store Card offered by Synchrony but I'd rather use my Chase one so this is nice.

Getting 2% back on restaurants is also nice.

vypek

Automatic upgrade is exactly what I wanted to hear since I didn't want to apply for a new card. Awesome. Will have to check that my card has upgraded.

Just updated mine in the manage payments section, thanks for the heads up. Love the free money, between this card and my Discover It one.

Hindl

Sweet I have the Prime card already. Sucks though I just spent $300 on Amazon, but that's just $6.00 extra I guess. It looks like this is the old card extended. When I first signed up for the old card it was 5% back for your first year on Amazon, then it reverted to 3%. Now it looks like they're just making 5% permanent.

2real4tv

ive had this card for 4+ years already. I use it on everyday items purchases and pay it off at the end of the month. This %5 on amazon purchases is awesome!

Probably stupid question by if you pay it off at end of the month do you still accrue interest?

vwnut13

Do I have to order with a Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Credit Card through through Amazon Alexa with Amazon Prime to get a good deal now?

Oh wow, I've had the existing Amazon Rewards Card from Chase that gave 3% (Amazon), 2% (Gas, groceries, food), and 1% (everything) points. Will have to see if I can transition to this.

As a Prime member & Amazon holder, hopefully I get upgraded for free already...
Where do you check if you got upgraded?

Aah, looks like I have it.

I wonder if they'll send a new card... the black one looks cool.

M-PG71C

I love my Amazon Chase card and now I love it even more. There is no reason for me to switch around my cards when someone else offers 5% now, I can just leave it.

But the 2% you always get back on gas stations, restaurants, and pharmacies with 1% back on everything else truly makes it, IMO, one of the best rewards credit cards out on the market. I've been automatically upgraded from the Amazon side, just need to see it on the Chase side now. And they just added no foreign transaction fees to the card too, it is one helluva a card.

reKon

Banned
Well this is unexpected. I've never had an Amazon card. I think that I definitely need to go apply for this today. I have a credit card that I never use from my credit union in school, a chase freedom unlimited, chase shappire, and Business AMEX for work. So I technically only have the first three cards that affect my credit score. This one seems like a great addition just for those Amazon purchases. Would be nice to be able to apply this to the Switch preorder.

vypek

How do they make money then? Whats the catch?

Probably from increased spending on the actual site since people want that 3% or 5% back and that there are plenty of people who will carry over the balance they have to the next month.

I use Amazon all the time and I'm a Prime member. I think I'm going to jump on this. I've been meaning to stop using my debit card for everyday purchases and just put everything on a credit card and pay off the balance every month. My wife and I are very responsible with money, so I'm not concerned about keeping a balance and paying interest. Good idea?

vypek

I use Amazon all the time and I'm a Prime member. I think I'm going to jump on this. I've been meaning to stop using my debit card for everyday purchases and just put everything on a credit card and pay off the balance every month. My wife and I are very responsible with money, so I'm not concerned about keeping a balance and paying interest. Good idea?

Definitely. This is what I do currently. Most of my shopping is done through Amazon. Bought a ton of Christmas presents just through my points I earned last year. This will be even better this year. If you are paying off your balance every month I don't see a downside to using this card when you are already on Amazon all the time as a Prime member.

Lexxism

Yes. As long as you don't pay any interest on it. You are good to use the credit as debit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom