• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody knows anything else about Mass Efect PS3 being announced this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

De-mon

Corto said:
We are all gentlemen here. You can trust that whatever you tell us here will be kept secret, and nobody will spill the beans.
spill the beans, please

The name is not GAMMA, but the word starts with 'G'. At least, in the development...

Hydrargyrus

De-mon said:
The name is not GAMMA, but the word starts with 'G'. At least, in the development...

Genesis sounds cool too...

ME2 + DLC but, any word about ME1?, is it included or maybe there will be a summary?

Majine

Banned
spilled+the+beans.jpg

De-mon said:
In the forum. I know more info but can´t publish anything officially..

I really don't mean to come off as rude or offensive but how can you not spill more when you've already confirmed the game and its title? I mean, if you're under any kind of embargo, spilling that is already a big breach ?

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I own both games and I'd still rebuy the for the PS3. I've played them for about 120 hours each, according to Steam.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'd love to have Mass Effect for my PS3 but we've heard this rumor millions of time. I'll believe it when I see it.

MechaX

I know that Bioshock 1 and Orange Box were exceptions, but was there any basis on that entire "late port = substantial additional content" Sony rule that occurred with Ninja Gaiden Sigma/2 and Tales of Vesperia on the PS3?

jorma said:
You do know that you can kill someone and steal his xbox, right?

But what are the chances that the xbox is currently working? :lol

--

On the subject matter, I'd assume that anyone who was really interested in the series had already played it on 360 or PC...

I've gone through both games on 360 and I can't even see the trophy whore in me wanting to invest the hours to play through both games again. It only makes sense if they want to multiplatform the 3rd title... but given that the first two have been exclusive to the 360, it'd be hard to see MS letting gone of the the franchise exclusivity...

I'd say this will be release right along side the MGS4 trophy patch. :lol

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Peff said:
You mean the port made by an entirely different company of a game made by a different team within Bioware?

Whatever. I don't claim to know the in's and out's of their development process. I just know the game runs like shit, and they willingly put their stamp on it. Doesn't breed confidence in their ability to port games to PS3 is all I'm saying.

Put the claws away.

Massa

MechaX said:
I know that Bioshock 1 and Orange Box were exceptions, but was there any basis on that entire "late port = substantial additional content" Sony rule that occurred with Ninja Gaiden Sigma/2 and Tales of Vesperia on the PS3?

GTA episodes was also an exception, they didn't even add platinum trophies which they could have easily done.

Speaking of them, the PS3 port was first seen at Gamescom last year... it was officially announced much later in January 2010.

Majine

Banned
corrosivefrost said:
On the subject matter, I'd assume that anyone who was really interested in the series had already played it on 360 or PC...

So I can't be really interested in it unless I shell out money for a new console or an acceptable gaming PC?

I bought my 360 back in spring just to play the ME games but I'd still love to see them come to ps3. I have friends who only own a ps3 and I know they'd love to play them too.

Peff

recklessmind said:
Whatever. I don't claim to know the in's and out's of their development process. I just know the game runs like shit, and they willingly put their stamp on it. Doesn't breed confidence in their ability to port games to PS3 is all I'm saying.

Put the claws away.

I'm just saying, your position is like going to a luxury wine house and leaving because you ordered a Coke and didn't like it. Dragon Age PS3 runs and looks badly, so does the 360 version, but they weren't even developed by Bioware. ME2 360 runs very, very well adn it seems the PS3 port was being worked on at the same time as the other versions so it's not unreasonable to think that it'll run well.

kenta

Has no PEINS
How about Mass Effect: MegaDrive or Mass Effect: TurboGrafx instead

now taking off my Jeff Gerstmann hat

smenden18

Neo Member
natureboy46 said:
I bought my 360 back in spring just to play the ME games but I'd still love to see them come to ps3. I have friends who only own a ps3 and I know they'd love to play them too..

Same here. If true I'm tempted to resell it even though I've since upgraded to a Slim. There aren't really any other 360 exclusives that I care too much about (maybe Gears 3).

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Noisepurge said:
Awesome if true :D

on the topic of GamesCom, will there be any E3 -style press conferences that are streamed?

EA are streaming theirs. I am not sure about Sony and MS.

Cynar said:
Yup, they came out and said that all unreal engine games have similar code.

Was probably the only thing they could say. They couldn't say 'you're lying' and they couldn't say 'Mass Effect 2 is in development for the PS3, YOU GOT US LOL'.

:D

Rubezh

De-mon said:
I think we have a winner ;-)

Mass Effect: Genesis? Mass Effect 2: Genesis? Mass Effect on the Sega Genesis? Surely the name "Genesis" would imply the first game is involved somehow...

So... IF we can trust each other here on GAF, we now basically have confirmation for:

Mass Effect: Genesis

- will be announced for the PS3 in the near future (likely tomorrow at the GamesCom pc of EA and/or Sony).

- it's not clear yet what ME:G contains. ME2 is a given (IMO, foundation for a multiplatform ME3 release), playable ME1 would be a surprise (deal with MS) and any existing DLC included would just be natural.

Xater

SolidusDave said:
So... if we can trust each other here on GAF we now basically have confirmation for:

- will be announced for the PS3 in the near future (likely this week at GamesCom).

- it's not clear yet what ME:G contains. ME2 is a given (IMO, reason for a multiplatform ME3 release), playable ME1 will be a surprise (deal with MS) and any existing DLC included would just be natural.

If it will be announced at Gamescom it will be tomorrow btw.

Withnail

MechaX said:

Bioshock 1 did get extra content (the DLC challenge rooms and NG+), Orange Box wasn't a late port, it was just delayed on PS3. But yeah, GTA Episodes seems to be an exception. The requirement is definitely real though.

johnnylineup

Neo Member
Nice, now i'll finally get to play me2 since it does not work on my pc for some god damn reason and i've given up on trying anymore.

Lyonaz

I'm hoping it's Mass Effect 1+2 in one game retold, without the silly sidequests and purely story driven. Gameplay from ME 2 and more singing by Mordin.
Also make my female (the true) Shepard be able to romance Yvonne Strahovski damnit! Are you telling me my ME 1 lesbian Shepard can't have female on female action in ME 2?!

So I assume EA wasn't totally satisfied with the sales of the game on 360?

I think MS was really silly if this is finally true, they should have cover their backs when the Bioware buyout or maybe they didn't care about it...

Lyonaz said:
I'm hoping it's Mass Effect 1+2 in one game retold, without the silly sidequests and purely story driven. Gameplay from ME 2 and more singing by Mordin.
Also make my female (the true) Shepard be able to romance Yvonne Strahovski damnit! Are you telling me my ME 1 lesbian Shepard can't have female on female action in ME 2?!

Kelly Chambers
is a romance option for both female and male Shepard

expy

Banned
SolidusDave said:
So... IF we can trust each other here on GAF, we now basically have confirmation for:

- will be announced for the PS3 in the near future (likely tomorrow at the GamesCom pc of EA and/or Sony).

- it's not clear yet what ME:G contains. ME2 is a given (IMO, foundation for a multiplatform ME3 release), playable ME1 would be a surprise (deal with MS) and any existing DLC included would just be natural.
Wouldn't really be a surprise since Mass Effect: Genesis != Mass Effect.

Couldn't Mass Effect: Genesis just be a prequel to the games? It would still be a trilogy, but Mass Effect 2 is the ending of it.

I haven't finished ME2 though so don't listen to my shit.

Edit: It would be cool if ME:G is a prequel that actually change things in ME and ME2 if you go back to them! What a twist!

expy said:
Wouldn't really be a surprise since Mass Effect: Genesis != Mass Effect.
Yeah...doesn't it work like they can release the game on another platform if it is different than the original? By adding things to it or changing things or what have you...

Lyonaz

Relaxed Muscle said:
Kelly Chambers
is a romance option for both female and male Shepard

Damn I can't believe she was even possible! I flirted and flirted, but nothing ever happened, so I thought she was just the biggest tease ever. :lol

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Lyonaz said:
Damn I can't believe she was even possible! I flirted and flirted, but nothing ever happened, so I thought she was just the biggest tease ever. :lol

She's not, really. She dances in your room and thats it. It doesnt even count as an achievement.

Galvanise_ said:
Or this was planned from the off, with a window of exclusivity for Microsoft.

Well, it came out on November 20th, 2007 so if they release it one day past that it will be 3 years. So that sounds a like a decent enough window they could have agreed on.

Kyoufu

I'll gladly play through ME1 and/or ME2 again on PS3. I'm just a sucker for ME no matter how disappointing the second game turned out to be.

If they port the first one, I hope it doesn't run like shit.

Majine said:
So I can't be really interested in it unless I shell out money for a new console or an acceptable gaming PC?

You can be interested. :p

My intended point was somewhere along the lines of "people who REALLY REALLY WERE DYING TO PLAY THE GAME would have already done so on one of the other platforms.".

I mean, hell, if they announced Twilight Princess for the PS3 or 360 tomorrow, I don't know how many people would care -- I'd guess a majority of the people who were interested in a title that's almost 4 years old would have played it on a wii or a gamecube by now.

So I was applying similar logic to a game that's almost 3 years old now. Temper that argument a little if ME2 is part of it, as ME2 is only 8 months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom