• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch UI video from some guy [named hiphoptherobot]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
So, did hiphoptherobot wake up yet? I want to see more, especially since press isn't allowed to show practically anything.

So he probably sold it and that's why there are no more videos? I know he said he wants to sell it because of some money issues.

I'll just wait until reviewers are allowed to talk about it I guess.

OCD Guy

I had a brief chat with HipHopTheRobot over at USgamer. He was a kind fellow to take time out of a busy day to talk briefly about the Switch.

Enjoyed the read.

I did scroll down and read the comments, I noticed one that focused on the fact that he has no games, and thinks it's "gorilla marketing"

It might appear odd, but I think it's not as uncommon as he thinks. I've actually only pre-ordered the console from Amazon as I'm still not sure whether to go digital or physical, and I'm assuming that finding the game on release is not going to be an issue at all, and if I go digitally getting a copy is not going to a problem at all, unless the eShop is down.

daffy

Banned
Considering how this unexpected gift from some guy turned out to be, and given how it seemingly fits with the major developer leak, maybe this is the best place to discuss two aspects of the latter that I haven't seen discussed over here (correct me if I'm wrong) Reminder: this is all based on a specification list from July 15th, 2016. We already know some visual elements have been slightly altered from the older dev kits to the final version, so chances other specific aspects (including policies) have been modified / altered are present

A specific aspect of eShop

http://dystify.com/Features/contents/Pages/Page_107323151.html

So you can view international eShops, cool. What we really need to know is if the system allows for international purchases or not.

e: although i suppose you could just use an eshop card

Enjoyed the read.

I did scroll down and read the comments, I noticed one that focused on the fact that he has no games, and thinks it's "gorilla marketing"

It might appear odd, but I think it's not as uncommon as he thinks. I've actually only pre-ordered the console from Amazon as I'm still not sure whether to go digital or physical, and I'm assuming that finding the game on release is not going to be an issue at all, and if I go digitally getting a copy is not going to a problem at all, unless the eShop is down.

It also seems that commenter misread selling the house in 2 weeks as 2 months. I would think that after somebody has sold their house they might be able to afford a $300 console that they might not if it was charged and shipped way early, so it makes sense to me.

maxcriden

Switch lets you copy a Mii from an amiibo:

KeQyBbCTE3Jy15iSh3se0OUaKIEm_d6-TZe34V5Bjgg.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...ilers_copy_mii_from_amiibo_option_in_switchs/ (via GoNintendo.com)

kyo2004

And it doesn't matter what the value of the product is? That's better than what we have, we can avoid paying taxes if a product costs less than USD 200, weight doesn't matter. But each person can only do it 3 times a year.

According to Amazon it's 3.8 lbs, but I've found that Amazon's info isn't always 100% accurate, so I wouldn't risk it and I would look for further confirmation.

Yeah, we have that too, but without the 3 times limit... the tax-free offer on packages that are less of 4lb, it's a extra offer that we have with 4-72... (the USD $15 affiliation anual cost its the only downside)

Iv3XXpa.jpg

That's why I asked about the weight of the package... xD... I can save almost $250 if I can confirm that thing... xD... Definitely not gonna pay COP $1'700.000 because reasons and a shitty, really really shitty local market....

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Can you navigate around the UI completely with just one joycon?

Thinking about if I'm playing something like sniper clips with my wife I don't want to have to keep grabbing the second joycon just to select things on the home screen

Jofamo

Thinking about if I'm playing something like sniper clips with my wife I don't want to have to keep grabbing the second joycon just to select things on the home screen

Yes, I imagine so. In the video, you can see he moves around the interface with the left JoyCon stick. I'd think the left side buttons would work to confirm things too.

You can navigate the entire UI using just one joycon.

J@hranimo

Banned
Hey hiphoptherobot, just how many more customization options are there for the Miis? Like more hairstyles, skin tones, facial hair? Can you change your hair color to different colors like green, blue, red, etc.

Thanks in advance :)

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Hey hiphoptherobot, just how many more customization options are there for the Miis? Like more hairstyles, skin tones, facial hair? Can you change your hair color to different colors like green, blue, red, etc.

Thanks in advance :)

Additionally (while probably no way to check yet), can you use your Miitomo-Mii, too? That would finally validate the whole damn thing.

Additionally (while probably no way to check yet), can you use your Miitomo-Mii, too? That would finally validate the whole damn thing.

Im not sure. I honestly didnt compare with my 3ds but I didnt notice many extra options as far as mii customization goes.
On a seperate note, I am going to take down the vid.me videos. There are plenty of reuploads out there anyway and I dont want to risk Nintendo coming after me any more than they already have. I am already out of a Switch and the money I spent on it. But I hope that I have helped answer some questions and gotten people more excited for the console!

J@hranimo

Banned
Im not sure. I honestly didnt compare with my 3ds but I didnt notice many extra options as far as mii customization goes.
On a seperate note, I am going to take down the vid.me videos. There are plenty of reuploads out there anyway and I dont want to risk Nintendo coming after me any more than they already have. I am already out of a Switch and the money I spent on it. But I hope that I have helped answer some questions and gotten people more excited for the console!

Thanks a bunch for the vids man. Hope for the best.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Oh? What happened?

Oh? What happened?

Not sure if I can really talk about it but I will say Nintendo has the console back and I am personally not in any trouble. Other than being out a console and the money I paid for it which really sucks with all the bills I have right now but it isn't going to be the end of the world or anything.

Not sure if I can really talk about it but I will say Nintendo has the console back and I am personally not in any trouble. Other than being out a console and the money I paid for it which really sucks with all the bills I have right now but it isn't going to be the end of the world or anything.
What the fuck?

mrk8885

Banned

Sorry to hear that but don't quite understand how Nintendo has the console back yet you don't have a refund. Something doesn't seem right here.

phanphare

Banned

that seems pretty fucked up. are you out of the money because you're going to get another unit at launch? otherwise you should be refunded the money you spent as you did nothing wrong.

what the fuck

how are you "Out of the money for it"

you getting it early wasnt your fault but commpany that shipped it

im guessing there are some key details we dont know then?

What the fuck?

Again, I probably cant talk about details but after knowing what happened I don't necessarily think Nintendo is wrong for wanting the console back and the people I dealt with have all been very nice and reasonable. And again, I am not in any trouble but didnt feel like pushing my luck by keeping the videos up.

diaspora

what the shit

That really sucks! I'm sorry man, thanks for sharing all of that with us but I'm really sorry it caused all these issues. That's pretty shitty of Nintendo.

Again, I probably cant talk about details but after knowing what happened I don't necessarily think Nintendo is wrong for wanting the console back and the people I dealt with have all been very nice and reasonable. And again, I am not in any trouble but didnt feel like pushing my luck by keeping the videos up.

I mean if they don't give it back or give you a replacement/refund than that's still really shitty regardless of how nice the people are.

Are you sure it was Nintendo and not just someone in a Reggie mask?

AdanVC

So Nintendo took the console back and they didn't give you a refund?? WAT. Oh well. We respect the fact you don't want to talk about it. Hope things get sorted out with all the bills you have. All the best to you hiphop and thanks a lot for sharing this tons of info. I'm way more hyped now for the Switch knowing the UI is this good and responsive.

That is absolute bullshit on Nintendo's part. They could at least reimburse you. Its not like you stole it.

EDIT: This situation wouldn't have been as deep as it is if Nintendo did their fucking job and showed off basic shit like the UI 2 weeks before launch.....

what the fuck

how are you "Out of the money for it"

you getting it early wasnt your fault but commpany that shipped it

im guessing there are some key details we dont know then?

Technically that is correct. and I might see that money at some point but reading up on it I would probably end up in small claims court which would probably cost more than I would get. So it isn't that I couldn't get the money back, just that I probably wont.

Persona7

Banned
lol what? Why did you send them the switch? You have no legal requirement to follow their orders.

If you didn't sign anything you can talk about the details.

mrk8885

Banned
I'd love to know the full story but I guess that won't be happening. If it was really "a retailer accidentally sent it out early" I can't see how Nintendo would have any legal justification for confiscating it and certainly don't understand how you'd have to give up the system and not get your money back.

I appreciate the videos you did and it was very cool to see. Obviously lots of people in that thread doubted you after the wait and were proven wrong.

But I still can't understand what's happening here. That said, no one here is entitled to knowing the whole story...so take care of yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom