• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why won't Netflix work on my Wii?

I have a fully updated non modified Wii, connected wirelessly to the internet with no problems. Pristine netflix disk. Lots of scratched wii games (kidslol) that work without any issues.

Putting in the wii disc, the drive starts a rythmic grinding sound, and then console powers itself off, giving a message that says to remove the disc and consult technical support. Ejecting the disc, the wii performs perfectly with any number of other games, but by god if I put in that netflix disc, bam, happens again.

Any thoughts? Google hasn't helped find similar issues.

elrechazao said:
I have a fully updated non modified Wii, connected wirelessly to the internet with no problems. Pristine netflix disk. Lots of scratched wii games (kidslol) that work without any issues.

Putting in the wii disc, the drive starts a rythmic grinding sound, and then console powers itself off, giving a message that says to remove the disc and consult technical support. Ejecting the disc, the wii performs perfectly with any number of other games, but by god if I put in that netflix disc, bam, happens again.

Any thoughts? Google hasn't helped find similar issues.

Did try entering the code given to you on Netflix's website on your PC?

Flying_Phoenix said:
Did try entering the code given to you on Netflix's website on your PC?

See below, you need the disc to launch the netflix application and follow the instructions to get your activation code. The wii at no point will ever recognize that the netflix disc is in the drive. I just get the picture of a blank disc spinning and spinning, and generally get the grinding and crashing described in the op.

Connect your Wii console to your Netflix Account

With your Wii console connected to the Internet, insert the Netflix instant streaming disc, launch the Netflix application, and follow the instructions to get your activation code.

If your Wii console is not connected to the Internet, you will be prompted to connect it now.

* Having trouble connecting your Wii console to the Internet? Step-by-step instructions are available.
* All Wii consoles are capable of connecting to a wireless network. If you prefer to use a wired Internet connection, you will need to purchase a Wii Lan Adapter (available in the Nintendo Online Store).

On your PC, go to http://www.netflix.com/Wii to enter your activation code. Once activation is complete, you are ready to watch instantly via your Wii console.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
elrechazao said:
I guess that's what I'll have to do, it's just odd, seems to be a totally pristine disc.

Yeah, it has to be defective if you have no other problems with your Wii disc drive. My disc worked the first time I tried it.

elrechazao said:
I guess that's what I'll have to do, it's just odd, seems to be a totally pristine disc.
yeah, mine was scratch free too. just stopped working one day and i tried it on 2 different systems.

Top Bottom