• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

OrionX

Of course they end it there. smh, It really bugs me that they're gonna use Sasha as "character development" for Rosita.

That last scene was pretty tense but that cliffhanger just wasted the build up. That's pretty emblematic of the troubles the show has had over the last year or so. Oh well.

Cmagus

That last scene was pretty tense but that cliffhanger just wasted the build up. That's pretty emblematic of the troubles the show has had over the last year or so. Oh well.

They're literally just dragging these episodes out at this point. Wait all week for another weak and boring episode, this entire season with the exception of 2 episodes has been a borefest. These last two episodes better be good.

Wow was that bad.

Rosita and Sasha road trip and we don't get the end game? After all that fuckery? And how can they be any worse at being snipers? You don't look for three seconds, say, "nope he's not there, let's sit down for five minutes and weep."

Ugh.

We finally get the Daryl/Maggie scene that we should've gotten at the end of ep8 when they all reunite and decide to fight back.

They're literally just dragging these episodes out at this point. Wait all week for another weak and boring episode, this entire season with the exception of 2 episodes has been a borefest. These last two episodes better be good.

Yeah, it seems like that to me too. The sad thing is that there is some compelling stuff in between the melodramatic moments, and there really is potential for a good show somewhere in there. They really need to shorten the season to ten episodes or something and a lot of these problems would be solved.

BizzyBum

Tonight was so bad. The whole show is like a parked car sitting in idle.

That's one of the bad things about this show. Nothing happens unless it's a premier or finale. It's why ratings are down. They need to shake it up for S8.

Also, pretty obvious Dwight was eventually going to turn and help take down Negan. Might even help save Sasha and get himself killed in the process.

Maxim726X

I'm just about done watching this show every Sunday.

Sitting through 30 minutes of commericals every Sunday for this just isn't worth it anymore... Maybe I'll just binge it when it comes out on Netflix.

I'm too far in to walk away at this point, but I'm getting tired of the format the show follows now, I.e. everything that matters happens in the premiere and the finale. That's kinda all you have to watch.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Content Roundup – Episode 714: “The Other Side”

58M4xcI.jpg

AMC Inside The Walking Dead:

• The Making of Episode 714: “The Other Side” - AMC
  • Inside Episode 714: “The Other Side” - AMC
  • Preview of Episode 715, "Something They Need" - AMC | International
  • Sneak Peek of Episode 715, “Something They Need” - AMC | International
Producer & Cast Interviews:

Critic Reviews:

PLEASE SPOILER TAG ALL PREVIEW/PROMO AND GRAPHIC NOVEL DISCUSSION. REVIEW THE OP FOR COMPLETE THREAD RULES ON SPOILERS.

Ponn

Banned
Last weeks episode was so good, I was expecting a let down tonight before we get to finale. Everyone and their mother called this coming up so idiotic and stupid, two people could not be this stupid.

Sniper kill, actually ok idea. Safe vantage, can claim anonymity and set the saviors in disarray for coming battle.

Fuck it up by allowing yourself only one chance and not waiting for the clean kill like a good sniper would. Nope that one chance was our only chance, lets barge in!

Ok, Suicide Run it is. You had floor plans supposedly.

Fuck it up. Kill one guard, Eugene runs off ABORT ABORT we don't know what the fuck we are doing and weren't as committed as we boasted we were!

Rosita, its not your time.

Fuck it up. YES! YES IT IS HER GODDAMN TIME! She's not done yet, really? What is she not done, getting everyone killed?! Her suicidal selfish rampage has left bodies all over the damn place, you run in guns blazing for some reason so Negan can recognize you and head right over to fuck Rick's shit up over it. I refuse to believe these people that have lasted this long are this goddamn stupid.

ZOONAMI

Yeah that was dumb.

Let's be snipers but let's only check the scope every now and then.

Oh now that we didn't have a clean shot let's just go in guns blazing, even though we just established this is literally a perfect vantage point and Negan will at some point come out again.

I thought they were at least going to say now we have to go in to get the doctor out of there for Maggie, which still would have been dumb but not as fucking dumb.

To top it all Sasha for no reason when I was just saying let's be cautious I'm gonna go on a suicide mission and hang my death on rositas conscience because why not, even though we just had an apparently meaningless character development convo while being the worst snipers ever.

nitewulf

Didn't make any sense. Negan was only blocked by another asshole Savior...why wouldn't Sasha take the shot? Nothing about the show makes sense any more.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Why sasha didn't scream "Leeeeroy Jenkins!" while running towards the Saviours base?

Bigger question is: Why didn't they show Sasha's death. That machine gun brrrap was a "cliffhanger" on that. She could still be alive and off-camera assumed dead for next season in case Star Trek flops (like 24 is doing with Heath).

Didn't make any sense. Negan was only blocked by another asshole Savior...why wouldn't Sasha take the shot? Nothing about the show makes sense any more.

No, he was blockaided by Maggie's Doctor from Hilltop and Eugene. She didn't want to collateral damage them. There was a few other saviors, yes. But the bullet may/may not have gone through them (Eugene or the Doctor, or the Savior) if she took the shot.

ZeroCDR

So uh, abandon the best plan because Negan might not come out for another day? Bring a Snickers.

This writing is killing me inside.

What fucking idiots, they already had the best plan of action. Nobody knew they were in the fucking sniper perch... there was no need to move, they've already seen that Negan comes out when cargo arrives, he would have come out again.

So many dog shit contrivances.

From "Oh I reckon that car is definitely going to be able to run, despite the fact we just had a scene of another random car not being able to run"

To the final scene of "Hey sorry despite the fact I haven't really had any screen presence this season of me dealing with Abes death, nor any real foreshadowing to why I'm about to do this, but I'm going to go and do a suicide run into the compound despite that they all know I'm affiliated with Ricks group, for no real reason outside of I've got a new show"

Ecotic

Tonight's episode still bothers me. It couldn't be more obvious the show is constrained by executive directives. They could make some excellent 6-episode seasons like the first season, but it's more valuable to spread the budget out over 16 episodes where nearly nothing happens outside of the premier/finale. The end of episode 'next week on TWD' mini-trailers are an outright scam.

Surfinn

Damn, to be honest with you, I'm so beyond criticising the show in the way lots of posters still are. I'm at the point of if the episode has stuff happening and there's good scenes and character development, I'm satisfied.

Daryl and Maggie's scene was one of the best this season, even if short. We're actually getting some decent character development now.

I've been totally satisfied with what we've gotten in the last two episodes, especially in comparison to the filler BS that's consumed most of the show.

Some of you are expecting way too much from a show that's been bad for many seasons. This was a flawed but solid effort.

"Vegetables. Use the whole word."
Lol

How many more must die before Rosita's bloodlust is sated?

Don't worry. She'll be back next episode being a complete bitch while complaining about how nobody has killed Negan yet. We'll also get the scene were Negan comes to Rick and kills someone in front of him yet again because of Sasha being an idiot.

Leeness

Don't worry. She'll be back next episode being a complete bitch while complaining about how nobody has killed Negan yet. We'll also get the scene were Negan comes to Rick and kills someone in front of him yet again because of Sasha being an idiot.

😩😩😩😩

Rosita why.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The guy at the end with the crossbow was obviously Dwight. (comic/future show spoilers)
They've been sowing seeds of discord between him and Negan since day 1 - I wouldn't be surprised if his encounter with Rosita was the start of him cooperating with Rick's group to take down Negan.

EulaCapra

Well... On the bright side, not many major characters like Sasha have gotten such a huge foreshadowing death arc. Gonna miss the actress. Such an underrated character performance.

Oh, and the Rosita actress was just about to welt up on Talking Dead when asked how it was to work one-on-one with the Sasha actress. Probably another writing on the wall...

gocubs

It was nice to finally see Daryl and Maggie have their moment just wish it would have happened earlier in the season. The rest of the episode was slow and I really hope shit picks up these last two episodes.

Osakadon

That entire episode was the biggest waste of time I have seen in a long while.
I was watching and looked at the time and thought, "it's already half over?"
I kept watching and looked at the time again and thought, "it's almost over and nothing has happened."

At the end they finally did something.
The last 5 minutes of the previous episode and the last 5 minutes of this episode are the only times when something actually happened. What a joke.

Is Zach Handlen on AV Club on Walking Dead's payroll? I seriously think he has to be.
huh? I don't think anyone has criticized the show as much as he has over the course of all the seasons. He definitely holds a very consistent and specific opinion. I can pretty guess his ratings before watching every episode. And that's a good thing.

Top Bottom