• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 - Introducing Premium friends

Theorry

ipGR4TT.png

untitled4qrou.png

Well this is something and not necessarily a bad way to address it. But the cynic in me reads this as DICE looking at the Premium uptake figures and looking for ways to boost it (as possibly they aint that good), a bit like the open map pack days they did for Battlefront. Sure, you get 4 new lovely maps to play on but look at all this other stuff you're missing out on...

Donos

so
- non premium players can play new maps with premium player (when in premium party)
but
- these players can't use new weapons
- these players gain XP for these maps but only get these XP retroactively if they buy premium
- can't get these new BF4 mini medals

Do i have to make the Party in BF1? I play with buddies over the PS4 party chat function.

dnmt

Banned
Paid maps break up the playerbase something fierce. They should be made free and find a different way to monetize DLC.

Newlove

Sounds good. It is a little funny that they can't spawn in on vehicles specific to the DLC however. I assume they can still spawn in the big game changing tank. Oh and not earning XP...yeah that might put off my brother from joining in.

Theorry

so
- non premium players can play new maps with premium player (when in premium party)
but
- these players can't use new weapons
- these players gain XP for these maps but only get these XP retroactively if they buy premium
- can't get these new BF4 mini medals

Do i have to make the Party in BF1? I play with buddies over the PS4 party chat function.

They one who has Premium needs to start the ingame party.

bombshell

"Tied to this is our ambition to make sure all maps of the game have as many players as possible to secure a good experience for everyone."

Well then this halfway step is not what I would call the best way to achieve that.

It just says "someone" needs premium in the party in your image, not necessarily the party creator.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
But what about Exclusive Preorder Booster Pack DLC Content Experience friends??

I unlocked almost everything i wanted on bf1 after the first few hours, and I have to imagine the experience is the same for most people. The battlepack unlocks mean very little and leveling up just seems mostly useless... So no XP gains isn;t that big a deal unless you need to see numbers go up for some reason.

Hakkelus

Dice should stop this bullshit and make the dlc free for everyone. And if they don't wan't to do it for free,just don't make them at all so you don't split the player base. Initially I was very interested in BF 1, but skipped it because of this.

Donos

But through the BF1 ingame party function, which sucks and doesn't work most of the time or is it enough to use the PS4 partychat function, where everybody gets an invite when i start a match in BF! (that's how we do it all the time).

Woo-Fu

Banned
Premium sales must be struggling for them to do this.

I doubt it is premium sales that they're trying to address, more likely it is concurrent player count. This is a band-aid on the "new maps fracture community" problem.

Seems like a decent idea, although the disaster that was Battlefront seemed to put paid to most of my friends list buying BF1 anyway.

"We're aware we're one of the last FPSs that sells map-packs, let's do something that makes it feel like we're doing you and your mates a favour. "

Mappacks should have just been free for Battlefield 1, you can charge money for the guns and cosmetics.

Feels like a desperate move to get people playing the new maps and i know my buddies will ignore it as they can't make any xp progress when playing these.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'll wait for my GOTY Friends

This.

While this helps not-split the playerbase somewhat, it's just dumb. They might as well drop Premium or make Premium a "faster EXP gain" like they already have instead of making the maps completely barren by locking them behind it.

PC has a really strong Battlefield playerbase. It's a night and day difference between this and COD.

I'm sorry, are we playing the same PC Battlefield where 40-player operations is #DEADGAME at any time of day?

Splitting the player base sucks and someone at Dice and EA need to find a better way to monetize this series without breaking up the player base. This is a band aid but players are slowly but surely coming to expect maps, weapons and game modes to be free, and cosmetic micro-transactions to make that sustainable.

shanafan

I'm sorry, are we playing the same PC Battlefield where 40-player operations is #DEADGAME at any time of day?

I just play TDM and Conquest, so I can't relate to other game types.

DLC 1 for COD: IW on PC is dead already unfortunately.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I just play TDM and Conquest, so I can't relate to other game types.

Rush is small player-count. War Pidgeons is semi-active.

Operations is fucked meanwhile. Even with 64-players it's a crap-shoot on the match actually starting because they lock it behind their matchmaking.

As it is, this "daily scrap" reward I don't give a shit about. I don't give a shit about Battlepacks outside of the shitty Melee weapons they locked behind it. Why not actually give me the fucking puzzle pieces instead to scrap if I want instead?

It's interesting. PC BF1 looks like a decent player count but is falling behind the consoles, while BF4, PC and PS4 player counts are near identical.

Doesn't look like a rejection of BF1, like Hardline, since the player count is healthy but there appears to be a large chunk of BF4 players that aren't looking to move to the new setting.

Top Bottom