• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Move Thread: It Only Does Everything

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Belfast said:
Why trust IGN when TTP made a perfectly good video of different lighting conditions? It should be in the OP under the iWaggle3D section.

It's already there. ;)

Afrikan

So is anyone else going to be catching up on their backlog of games, because of Move?

besides demos..
I haven't played through Heavy Rain or Resident Evil.

games that I have also missed, which I wish would get Move patches..

Mirrors Edge
Dead Space 1
Siren Blood Curse

I'm still going to get these games though :D

Moobabe

Afrikan said:

Mirrors Edge
Dead Space 1
Siren Blood Curse

I shudder to think of ME with the move... the other two though, sure. Do we know if DS2 is move compatible yet?

Carl

Moobabe said:
I shudder to think of ME with the move... the other two though, sure. Do we know if DS2 is move compatible yet?

People have asked them a few times, they always reply with "all we have announced is that Dead Space Extraction will have Move support" so take that how you will...

Thread approved.
2ryfuqx.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
For some reason there are no reviews in the OP.

Reviewed:
Sports Champions - 75 average, 21 reviews
EyePet Move Edition - 73 average, 6 reviews
Flight Control HD - 1 review, 70, no metacritic average yet
Tumble - 66 average, 6 reviews
Racquet Sports - 2 reviews, no Metacritic average yet because they wait for 4 reviews, math average is 62
Start the Party - 56 average, 16 reviews
Kung Fu Rider - 39 average, 13 reviews

Populated on Metacritic but no reviews yet:
Singstar Dance - No reviews yet
Beat Sketcher - No reviews yet
Time Crisis Razing Storm - No reviews yet
The Fight - No reviews yet
The Shoot - No reviews yet
echochrome ii - No reviews yet
TV Superstars - No reviews yet
Brunswick Pro Bowling - No reviews yet
High Velocity Bowling Move Edition - No reviews yet

I think that's the entire 2010 "Move Required" lineup. I didn't include RUSE or whatever move supported games. I'll add Heavy Rain and RE5 if their Move SKUs are listed separately like EyePet. I don't know if the three third party fitness games (EA Active 2, Zumba Fitness, Get Fit with Mel B) are Move required or not.

I was going to grab a wand at launch (I already have a camera), but there's just nothing there I want to play. Will have another look when Killzone 3 comes out perhaps.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Stumpokapow said:

Reviewed:
Racquet Sports - 2 reviews, no Metacritic average yet because they wait for 4 reviews, math average is 62

Populated on Metacritic but no reviews yet:
Singstar Dance - No reviews yet
Beat Sketcher - No reviews yet
Time Crisis Razing Storm - No reviews yet
The Fight - No reviews yet
The Shoot - No reviews yet
echochrome ii - No reviews yet
TV Superstars - No reviews yet
Brunswick Pro Bowling - No reviews yet
High Velocity Bowling Move Edition - No reviews yet

Looking at that game list, I may postpone my original plan of purchasing Move this month. That's an incredibly weak list of games.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Stumpokapow said:
I think that's the entire 2010 "Move Required" lineup.

Not that it really matters, but if we're being pedantic, Flight Control doesn't require Move. EA Active doesn't require Move, I don't think, but I think the other fitness games (Get Fit with Mel B/Zumba) do. I think that PSN rodeo game requires it. And Dance Dance Revolution.

The OT pretty much has all these games listed anyway. Just linking to scores or reviews alongside them would be handy.

DryvBy

Weird. This has to be a mistake, or I'm stupid. LittleBigPlanet: GOTY on Newegg is showing:

Move Compatible: Yes

Did I miss something?

Can't wait til the 17th. :D
I find it strange that all those "starter bundles" don't include Navigation controllers, and only one main wand. Some lesser in-the-know people (casuals, a primary target demographic) are going to be pissed.

I do hope third parties start porting over some of the (good, not shovelware) missed opportunities from Wii though, and they can easily be made PSN games and not retail discs.
Muscle March: Move Edition, anyone?

By the way: everyone should check out the Move promo/explanation video on the Japanese PS Store. Very sophisticated and classy ad, dare I say artistic (the doors in white space), much better in that respect than the US/EU marketing.

spats

Just got my copy of RE5 Gold in the mail and Capcom didn't even bother printing out Move-specific controls in the manual. Super lazy.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
spats said:
Just got my copy of RE5 Gold in the mail and Capcom didn't even bother printing out Move-specific controls in the manual. Super lazy.

I assume you are referring to the never before released EU version right?

spats said:

Am I missing something here? You do realize Gold Edition was released months and months ago (March 2010 I believe), probably before the specifics of the Move controls were final, right?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Speaking of Flight Control HD, did they comment on the US release?

Afrikan said:
So is anyone else going to be catching up on their backlog of games, because of Move?

besides demos..
I haven't played through Heavy Rain or Resident Evil.

Mirrors Edge
Dead Space 1
Siren Blood Curse

yes yes YES

Game of the Year 2008.

jetsetfluken said:
I find it strange that all those "starter bundles" don't include Navigation controllers, and only one main wand. Some lesser in-the-know people (casuals, a primary target demographic) are going to be pissed.

I do hope third parties start porting over some of the (good, not shovelware) missed opportunities from Wii though, and they can easily be made PSN games and not retail discs.Muscle March: Move Edition, anyone?

By the way: everyone should check out the Move promo/explanation video on the Japanese PS Store. Very sophisticated and classy ad, dare I say artistic (the doors in white space), much better in that respect than the US/EU marketing.

The bolded plus the first party sony support has me most excited. Its just too bad its mostly speculation into later next year. Hopefully more is announced at TGS later this week.

robor

So when is Ape Escape PS3 coming out? Doesn't seem to be on that list, I'm guessing itll be out sometime during 2011.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Stumpokapow said:

Reviewed:

I think that's the entire 2010 "Move Required" lineup. I didn't include RUSE or whatever move supported games. I'll add Heavy Rain and RE5 if their Move SKUs are listed separately like EyePet. I don't know if the three third party fitness games (EA Active 2, Zumba Fitness, Get Fit with Mel B) are Move required or not.
Every time I see that Tumble avg it saddens me

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
spats said:
Seriously they are missing out big time with this with their lazy ass effort. I am buying RE5 gold just for the move support and they couldnt at least use the trigger button isntead of the PS move button for shooting (or allow for Move specific settings).

Angst

jetsetfluken said:

I do hope third parties start porting over some of the (good, not shovelware) missed opportunities from Wii though, and they can easily be made PSN games and not retail discs.
Muscle March: Move Edition, anyone?

Yep. And then they probably go out and buy a second wand or a navi controller. Which is probably the plan.

Concept17

PistolGrip said:
Seriously they are missing out big time with this with their lazy ass effort. I am buying RE5 gold just for the move support and they couldnt at least use the trigger button isntead of the PS move button for shooting (or allow for Move specific settings).

I assume there is no option to change the controls?

Kinan

Amazon.de shipped my two controllers today, so, hopefully, i'll get em tomorrow already. :) Would be nice if Eyepet move patch will be out by then.

Shurs

PistolGrip said:

As odd as it sounds, the "hold trigger to aim" mechanic makes sense to me.

Shurs said:
As odd as it sounds, the "hold trigger to aim" mechanic makes sense to me.

But why not just put in on L1 on the DS3/Navi? Because you wont be able to play the game without a DS3 or Navi.

Shurs

IonicSnake said:
But why not just put in on L1 on the DS3/Navi? Because you wont be able to play the game without a DS3 or Navi.

I didn't realize there was an analog trigger on the NavCon.

Derp.

SpecX

I'm super excited to get my starter kit this Friday. I've been trying to pump my wife up about it coming in and what else to get with it to the point she's super annoyed by me and Move. Great thread by the way, it's only helping me get more hyped as the launch day nears. I always found myself interested by what the Wii offered, but could never bring myself to buy the system and hopefully this will fulfill that gap for me.

Shurs said:
I didn't realize there was an analog trigger on the NavCon.

Derp.

Well everything you have on the left side of the DS3 is on the navi. :p Though I like the trigger on the navi better than the one on the DS3.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Maybe if it was cheaper, and Child of Eden was announced for it, I'd be interested... got burned with motion controls on Wii and just would rather a more traditional experience for now though. Still, great OP, had no idea it was coming so soon.

djtiesto said:
Maybe if it was cheaper, and Child of Eden was announced for it, I'd be interested... got burned with motion controls on Wii and just would rather a more traditional experience for now though. Still, great OP, had no idea it was coming so soon.

What? I thought Child of Eden was an upcoming Move supported game?
Is it 360/Kinect only now or something, and DS3 only on PS3?

jett

D-Member
What an abysmal list of launch titles, it's kinda sad that that was the best Sony could manage to come up with.

Top Bottom