• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiant Silvergun for XBLA announced

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Rlan said:

Coming in 2011

local co-op play, downloadable replays, improved graphics

yCTd2.jpg

kkHpc.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yes, I can finally own the game and it won't be $100! It better be as good as the elitist who are willing to pay $100 for it say it is.

Unless Microsoft is pure evil and releases it at 12,000 MSP.

And I hope we get online co-op too. I never have anyone local to play with :/

epmode

Neat! Maybe they fixed the powerup system so it doesn't ruin the game for anyone playing for survival.

If not, not really interested.

LQX

Finally get to play this without having to shell out $150.

The 360 is starting to remind me of the Sega Saturn back in the day except most of these Japanese games actually make it over here.

I paid $200 for my copy and it was worth every penny. I still play it all the time. For me this is the biggest previous gen game we could get. I am so happy right now. MS could charge $60 for this and I wouldnt even bat an eye. Hopefully this means we will also get Panzer Dragoon Saga at some point.

epmode

Shalashaska161 said:
Awesome, always wanted to play this. If it's half as good as Ikaruga then it will be amazing.
It's just as stylish as Ikaruga and it has a similar chaining system that turns it into more of a puzzler than a straight shooter.

The problem is that your score directly affects your weapon power. And you have six goddamned weapons, each with its own power level. Get shitty scores (basically everyone who isn't obsessed with chaining) and your weapons won't even be strong enough to destroy later bosses in the allotted time.

There's a Saturn-exclusive mode that makes your weapon power levels persistent over multiple playthroughs but it's only a crappy band-aid on one of the most 1CC-unfriendly games of all time.

edit: This probably isn't a popular opinion but I think a lot of this game's praise is from people who aren't really into shooters in the first place. Or at the very least, from people who don't care about playing these games for survival.

Tain

Replace the experience points system and I might even call it a good game!

Anyway, for all the shitting I do on this game, it's at least pretty great looking and sounding. I just might buy it based on that alone.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
MS better not be releasing it for $15. $10 Ikaruga was the gold.

That said: YES. YES. YES.

Everyone's been waiting for this, so we love you for doing it, Treasure/MS. <3

yankeehater said:
I paid $200 for my copy and it was worth every penny. I still play it all the time. For me this is the biggest previous gen game we could get. I am so happy right now. MS could charge $60 for this and I wouldnt even bat an eye. Hopefully this means we will also get Panzer Dragoon Saga at some point.
:lol :lol :lol
Your talking about SEGA here.

Sophia

epmode said:
edit: This probably isn't a popular opinion but I think a lot of this game's praise is from people who aren't really into shooters in the first place. Or at the very least, from people who don't care about playing these games for survival.

Maybe, but if they put enough effort into porting it, then perhaps they'll offer a fixed gameplay mode ontop of the original?

Either way, you could do a lot worse for shooters.

ShinobiFist said:
:lol :lol :lol
Your talking about SEGA here.

I thought there was a quote from someone at Sega a long time ago saying the only reason PD:S wasnt coming to XBLA was the problems Saturn emulation on the 360. Doesnt RS coming to the 360 mean they have fixed that problem?

Tain

epmode said:

Glad you said it!

Marrshu said:
Maybe, but if they put enough effort into porting it, then perhaps they'll offer a fixed gameplay mode ontop of the original?

Either way, you could do a lot worse for shooters.

I really don't think they feel anything is wrong with the game. While there might be some small Ikaruga-style changes with the XBLA release, I highly doubt there will be big ones.

And you could do worse (or about as good), but when there's so much time to spend on shooters that are better, there's not much reason to!

Sophia

I'm sure this will have more changes then Ikaruga did. Didn't they say they'd have to redo all the graphics for an XBLA port?

matmanx1

Nothing but good news coming out of Japan lately (well, minus the DMC thing but let's not count that ok?) and this is certainly welcome. The Xbox 360 is THE shmup console to own and it just keeps getting better.

I really look forward to everyone finding out how overrated it is. I'm glad they won't have to make the same costly mistake I did.

Treasure's better 2D shooter is already available on XBLA folks.

But yeah I'll probably rebuy it on XBLA for convenience and because i am dumb

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
_dementia said:
Treasure's better 2D shooter is already available on XBLA folks.

People says Ikaruga is just as overrated. Honestly, I can't give a shit. Shits fucking fun man.gif

atomsk

Party Pooper
yankeehater said:
I thought there was a quote from someone at Sega a long time ago saying the only reason PD:S wasnt coming to XBLA was the problems Saturn emulation on the 360. Doesnt RS coming to the 360 mean they have fixed that problem?

They lost the source code to PD:S

epmode

TheSeks said:
People says Ikaruga is just as overrated. Honestly, I can't give a shit. Shits fucking fun man.gif
Ikaruga's a lot better than Radiant Silvergun based solely on the fact that you don't HAVE to chain to beat the game.

MechaX

Combined with Ikaruga... Now a new Bangai-O and Radiant Silvergun?

It's times like these that make me think I made the right choice by getting the 360.

Let me in

OH SHIT!
Futatsugi-developed game AND Radiant Silvergun??? Saturn revival confirmed???
I guess they found my killer apps for 360. There goes my money :( :(

_dementia said:
yeah but like, it's better than RS -_-
How? RS has a very engaging experience compared to Ikuruga. Especially with the arrange Saturn mode. The constant dialog and different paths made the game a lot of fun with friends. Is a fun game, not all SHMUPS have to be serious. Same could be said with any genre.

Top Bottom