• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Beta Thread

DieH@rd

Banned
People are just constantly hitting me for no reason and my DR score is only going down. I'm sub 20 now. :-/

If this continues, I will never get matchmaking with someone who wants to drive nicely.

People are just constantly hitting me for no reason and my DR score is only going down. I'm sub 20 now. :-/

If this continues, I will never get matchmaking with someone who wants to drive nicely.

It is a mess in the beta cause A. Most people probably dont know what SR is and B. Some that do don't care cause it is beta and it will all wipe. If it gets desperate, drive like a grandma. Be super conservative on the first lap. Let the cars pass you on the grid if you are at the back. Brake early when trailing someone, let others pass you. It sucks to have to game the SR but if you go on a bad streak and things are pretty bad in the lower beta classes, you have no choice. It's all about banking clean sectors. No need to finish first for SR.

Patrick S.

Banned
Did a race. The other car's warping from side to side of the track due to shit netcode was horrible. I didn't even know on what line it was safe to drive because cars would just blink into existence in front of me all the time. In every corner some asshole or another ploughed into me and shoved me off the track.

I didn't ask for this.

Project Cars 2 can't come soon enough.

I've found upper teen races to be really polite, maybe you're the bad guy?

Sebmugi

replay screens
170416041617969679.png
170416041618311445.png

170416041548865147.png
170416041623923277.png

gl online races do not look good to me. i have a beast of a connection and it says i have 112ms latency? all the cars were dacing on the track. cant think of another word for it. it looked like every car was going left-right every other second with some frames lost in between like a semi teleport. i was trying to avoid crashing but, surprise, there was no car there the next second so i braked for nothing or swerve for nothing or so on so on.

nobody was fairplay, not even the first guy. crashing into one another right from the start. driving side by side in brands on the long straight you could see how everyone was trying to drive the other drivers off the road.

not for me.

I don't know what you expect. For me the now half dozen races I've participated in are no more aggressive or crashy than any other game I've played. I fact probably less so, and more just people making mistakes. It's a bunch of almost one tonne metal objects trying to get round the track as fast as possible. This is always brought up by I don't see any other game doing anything different. Warping is almost non existent here and when it happens it's not a problem, it's just that persons connection.

Personally although I wasnt that impressed by the graphics initially, at times when there are over half a dozen cars in front of you on a straight it looks fantastic.

bombshell

Damn, people are being gifted codes via pm in here? I have 52, now 53, posts in this thread and no code :(((

Can a kind soul gift me an EU code?

giphy.gif

DieH@rd

Banned
Use the Nurburgring, idiot drivers won't stand a chance there.

I have access only to the EU roster of tracks.

Did a race. The other car's warping from side to side of the track due to shit netcode was horrible.

Yup, looks like servers are in the UK or smth, a lot of people who are connecting from the rest of the Europe are jumping all around the track.

I've found upper teen races to be really polite, maybe you're the bad guy?
lol

112 ping here, UK based on a 250mpbs connection with 25 upload.

However I've raced in 6 online races with zero lag, jitter, teleporting, smooth as butter so far, a far cry from the GT6 days.

kvn

Did two races, horrible netcode (DE, 120mbps). I don't even know where to drive cause the cars are teleporting everywhere, are twitchy as fuck, apparently ram into track walls but... don't? Fuck this. Good they're doing a beta stress test I guess, as this is not in an acceptable state if released.

- Lack of radar [heliocorsa] function annoys me. At least spotting [car left, car right] would be helpful since sounds of opposing cars can be misleading.
You mean a spotter via radio or some arrows pointing out if a car is close?
+1 on the radio spotter from me. Maybe put that in as a suggestion on the Beta forums.

- I find it baffling that gamepad users can not manually switch gears when they are in the "automatic transmission" mode. I found that automatic mode can often stick to a higher gear when revs are really low in some bad situations [driving up hill].

- Lack of radar [heliocorsa] function annoys me. At least spotting [car left, car right] would be helpful since sounds of opposing cars can be misleading.

- Game makes me or other players into ghosts too often. I just spent quarter of the Brands Hatch driving inside one other player...

Willow Springs was just added to EU server list.

Hit left/right on the D-Pad to switch the HUD element on the bottom right. There's also a radar in there.

danowat

Banned
112 ping here, UK based on a 250mpbs connection with 25 upload.

However I've raced in 6 online races with zero lag, jitter, teleporting, smooth as butter so far, a far cry from the GT6 days.

93 ping, and either the servers are lagging like mad, or I am driving with a load of dumb dumbs who are swerving all over the track.

That said, my SR is slowly climbing, 15 now.

100Mbit/s down, 40Mbit/s up, ping is 109, all 4 races I tried to enter were cut off, one time I got to the warm up, but got disconnected again for the actual race.

Popsickles

112 ping like a lot of people, strange that its the same. I had one guy who I could see in front side swiping everyone who callenged him, me included, why people gotta act like a dick.
Also the disconects need to be fixed I was 2nd on the grid doing a warm up lap and BAM disconnected from server which just boots you out and then you have to wait for next race, they need to add a try to reonnect option.

Xater

A ping over 100 seems bad considering the connections people have here. It's the same for me btw. The net code needs a lot of work.

How do you start correctly? I always lose 3-4 positions just because my Mégane accelerates like a truck.

Hold down R2 or start holding down as the clock is down to 0?

How do you start correctly? I always lose 3-4 positions just because my Mégane accelerates like a truck.

Hold down R2 or start holding down as the clock is down to 0?
It's front wheel drive, that's why, not your fault. IRL fwd doesn't race against rwd. Only way you can improve this somewhat is to get the ride height as low as possible. TCS as low as possible without starting wheelspin is also helpful.

I mean, I don't think I would manage to get a code before the beta is closed anyway, but it would be nice to know there's at least a chance :p Have been refreshing my inbox for days lol.

Well game booted up and I got my 3 cars... AUDI TTS Coupe '14, Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 '12 and Renault Sport Megane Gr.4.

Now I can't play, have guests over :(

I'm not enjoying the netcode on my 96ms ping

Sometimes I can directly behind another car with what appears no issue, other times I've no idea where the car(s) next to me are as they warp and dance.

Been behind a pair/ group battling it's impossible to have any good idea on lines to take. I've taken avoiding action/ eased off the gas as I see the car ahead take wide line/fly into the gravel only for them to not be there and be fine up head on the track.

As an iracer I'm used to online door to door and was expecting a similar level of quality as it's basically borrowed the Irating /Safely rating system. Currently I don't trust the netcode.

I have 112ms and it seems like it's only a couple of cars per session that do not sync correctly. The leaders usually do not show any kind of lag for me as far as I can tell.

DJ88

I know my odds are low, and other people who have been asking longer should get a code first. But I'd love a US code if one becomes available.

ethomaz

Banned
I got my invite in the second batch of US keys in March 29th.

So good... just sad that I didn't have much time to play it.

Popsickles

This is not a Thread for code begging besides they are tied to accounts so it would be no good to anyone else, you will just get the unautorised message from the server

cooldawn

It's front wheel drive, that's why, not your fault. IRL fwd doesn't race against rwd. Only way you can improve this somewhat is to get the ride height as low as possible. TCS as low as possible without starting wheelspin is also helpful.
Not true...especially with Megane class vehicles.

I'm watching the BTCC right now (great championship, by the way). It has FWD and RWD manufacturers. Has done since I can remember.

Patrick S.

Banned
Not true...especially with Megane class vehicles.

I'm watching the BTCC right now (great championship, by the way). It has FWD and RWD manufacturers. Has done since I can remember.

Yeah, remember Audi A4 Quattro vs. Nissan Primera in the TOCA Touring Cars game.

Top Bottom