• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gay and Bisexual relationship thread |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

Silicon Knight said:
I consider myself straight, though I have 'bisexual tendencies'. I thought I was bi, but when the opportunity arose to have sex with a man I completely backed out and found out it wasn't for me.

I'm happy in a relationship with my girlfriend, but I can be attracted to guys. Also, to clarify; my occasional attraction to men is platonic most of the times. I'm sexually aroused by women, but not so much by men. I do appreciate good looking men though.

I know, I'm weird like that.
Although I have labelled myself bisexual on GAF, I really hate that, or any other label on sexuality since it is so fluid over a persons a lifetime, and people are so individual in their expressions of it. Kinseys scale can be useful, but still leaves out important aspects. I think it is important to just be you, and resist other people telling you what that means.

Alcoori

Been single for almost a year now, had a few one night stands but it just made me appreciate how much better being in a relationship is.
I would have never thought it would when I was 20, I guess I'm getting old :D

White Man

Himuro said:
Good luck with this.

I know I will be coming here to ask some questions since I'm kinda bi, though I pre-dominantly have an attraction to women.

Jesus, duder. You're just begging me to start season 2 of my Himumu comics.

orioto

Good Art™
So.. hum, if i'm not coming-out, uncertain nor in a relationship, what is the thread i should go to ?

Can we have a hook-up thread:lol ?

Monocle

orioto said:
So.. hum, if i'm not coming-out, uncertain nor in a relationship, what is the thread i should go to ?

Every thread is a hook-up thread if you play your cards right!

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Grindr ftw.

Anyway, I've been in a relationship for four years. The boy is over east in NSW visiting family and sussing out job options. The fact I'm considering a move tells me all I need to know.

Still. I have 10 weeks to sort everything out so I'm just taking it easy for that time. 70 days to go...

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
julls said:
Grindr ftw.

Anyway, I've been in a relationship for four years. The boy is over east in NSW visiting family and sussing out job options. The fact I'm considering a move tells me all I need to know.

Still. I have 10 weeks to sort everything out so I'm just taking it easy for that time. 70 days to go...

so i take it you decided to go the NSW route?

should have come to Victoria for the smug self-righteousness ;)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
We need more of a Victoria-GAF presence

Replicant

orioto said:

Hook-up discussion is included in the OP. This thread would do the job for what you want to talk about.

HylianTom

Banned
julls said:
The fact I'm considering a move tells me all I need to know.

Wow. You sound like HylianTom from the year 2000. My other half and I had been together for four years at that point. He was to graduate from Ole Miss one semester ahead of me, and was trying to decide: return to the area between Biloxi and New Orleans (our home towns), or try to find his fortune in the then-booming economy of Austin?

I was leaning towards going home, but he wanted to go to Austin something bad, and ended-up choosing Austin. One semester/four months later, I followed him to Austin with very little hesitation, even though it would've had me living even further away from home.

Sometimes you just know.

Dead Man

So is this where I post about the Feast Festival? It's a LGBT festival in Adelaide, Australia, and honestly one of the few reasons to come here, but it is pretty awesome.

Any AusgayGAF familiar with it?

stupei

Rez said:
That seems fairly normal, to be honest, Silicon.

Anecdotally, I find a lot of gay men grapple with a similar thing, but with women rather than men.

There are plenty of men that I find very, very attractive, but I don't get aroused by men.

I think it's probably not uncommon at all, but not something people talk about because of how black and white a lot of people's views on sexuality or attraction are. When I came out to a couple of my coworkers about a year ago, one woman genuinely didn't believe me at first -- like really, truly she said I was joking or lying or confused -- because we'd have conversations in the past where I agreed with her about how hot Alexander Skarsgård is.

Never mind that I'd also openly talked about attractive women with far more frequency. The assumption almost seems to be that if you're a woman you will be able to comment on the beauty of both genders but if you can see anything appealing about the opposite then obviously you'd "prefer" to be straight and "normal," right? I think it's largely subconscious issues people have, but it makes for very awkward conversations.

She no longer talks about guys with me, too. :lol

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
i_am_ben said:
so i take it you decided to go the NSW route?

should have come to Victoria for the smug self-righteousness ;)
Oh, I'm pushing for melbourne don't you worry... otherwise I'm ending up on the gold coast... i can be a meter maid!

HylianTom said:
Wow. You sound like HylianTom from the year 2000. My other half and I had been together for four years at that point. He was to graduate from Ole Miss one semester ahead of me, and was trying to decide: return to the area between Biloxi and New Orleans (our home towns), or try to find his fortune in the then-booming economy of Austin?

I was leaning towards going home, but he wanted to go to Austin something bad, and ended-up choosing Austin. One semester/four months later, I followed him to Austin with very little hesitation, even though it would've had me living even further away from home.

Sometimes you just know.
Missed this.

Yeah, in the last few months it just clicked. I wanna spend my life with him, and I'll follow him where he needs to go, if it works. A change will do us both good, and breaking out of my comfort zone can only be a good thing - I can't stagnate here forever.

Teh Hamburglar said:
Try your local Christian fundamentalists or right wing politicians.

Yup, their legs go in the air faster than a Russian gymnast.

Also, I've been with my hot dad for 14 years now. You know, just to remain on topic.

woodypop

Silicon Knight said:
I do appreciate good looking men though.

I know, I'm weird like that.
I wish more non-gay men were able to do that. I find it disappointing that straight guys have a hard time acknowledging good looking men. I mean, girls generally don't have a problem saying other females are beautiful, and gay men can easily point out a gorgeous woman. But a straight guy saying another guy looks good? Good luck.

woodypop said:
I wish more non-gay men were able to do that. I find it disappointing that straight guys have a hard time acknowledging good looking men. I mean, girls generally don't have a problem saying other females are beautiful, and gay men can easily point out a gorgeous woman. But a straight guy saying another guy looks good? Good luck.
Same.

I ask my straight friend (we always play on LIVE/he comes over on weekends) if he finds certain men good-looking. His usual response is usually, "How would I know?" I can only reply that he's an idiot and that I won't think he's gay :lol I usually give an example: "If you and this guy were going after the same girl, who do you think she'd choose" or something. The answer is usually the same, though.

But, yeah, to sidetrack a bit...it's nice having straight guy friends who don't really care about what you like up your ass/in your mouth :lol I'm surprisingly vulgar around him and he just laughs.

Dina said:
Of course not. It's an asshole.
Am I laughing?

anyway, I met a stupendously hot straight guy last night, who, in exchange for being his wingman, would introduce me to his stupendously hot cowboy gay friend.

cha-ching

stupei

ZephyrFate said:
We were kicked out of the bar (closing time), we met really late in the night, so I won't meet rodeo dude until later.

Good of you to clarify you were kicked out of the bar because it was the end of the night and not for any other reason. :D

Straight dude was a close talker and I had to fight my instincts not to just start making out with him whenever he'd lean in to make sure I heard what he said.

Alcoori

ZephyrFate said:
Straight dude was a close talker and I had to fight my instincts not to just start making out with him whenever he'd lean in to make sure I heard what he said.

Haha, I totally get that. People would lean over to talk to my ear, they smell good and are pretty cute.

Sweet Torture.

Koomaster

ZephyrFate said:
Yeah, feinting hard of hearing is the best trick when you want someone right up on you. ^____^;

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
yeah I have the same problem with black people

Arcipello

Oh noes! Has the regular all round gay/bi thread been locked? :( I've been away from neogaf for a while on a date that lasted 3 days!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
ZephyrFate said:
Flimsy logic is fun.
gay GAF is important because it helps people

unless you're bi

in which case fuck off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom