• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Keiji Inafune leaves Capcom, Jun Takeuchi Takes Over [Update 2: Ono On Impact P#446]

Altazor

I bet he was pissed when he found his design for the MML3 heroine finished last on the poll...

now, seriously... this could be good or bad depending on how you look at it.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I mean, oh, nevermind. they'll still find a way to interview him at TGS.

Luigiv

Pureauthor said:
So, uh, does Capcom have anyone worth anything anymore?
They still have Ryozo Tsujimoto but that's about it. Everyone else who made Capcom, Capcom has left now.]

farnham said:
lol wut

this makes little sense unless he lost interest in making games.

inafune was the head honcho
He did. He commented the other week about how he hated his job.

Suzzopher

I guess walking around an office where you have publicly criticised everyone's work, must be hard to do day in day out.

GhaleonQ

I BET IT'S BECAUSE HIS DESI-...Oh.

I bet he's moving to glorious America, since we invented everything interesting about video games since 2005. He made some neat games, though.

Altazor said:
I bet he was pissed when he found his design for the MML3 heroine finished last on the poll...

now, seriously... this could be good or bad depending on how you look at it.
I dunno, I'm somewhat panicked over this.. It seems it was Keiji that really pulled for the production of DASH 3... Also, to my knowledge he had a pretty large part in the making of the originals no? I can't help but feel that my too-good-to-be-true dream sequel may be in jeopardy now...

Pooya

woah, this was totally unexpected, sounded like he had so many plans for Capcom like a month ago and now he suddenly resigns.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I think he was kicked out. Japanese companies are very harsh on employees who publicly criticize them. Well, like every other company

duckroll

There's a huge 6 page interview at 4Gamer which they conducted with Inafune last week (posted today) about his resignation. I'm not going to bother translating it because Anoop will probably have something on his blog later. He does address Megaman Legends 3 as well, saying that it took so long to assemble the staff and to get the project approved that he didn't want to quit at this point, but he just couldn't continue anymore because he really hates his job and doesn't feel any joy or drive anymore. :lol

http://www.4gamer.net/games/084/G008467/20101029004/

He does address Megaman Legends 3 as well, saying that it took so long to assemble the staff and to get the project approved that he didn't want to quit at this point, but he just couldn't continue anymore because he really hates his job and doesn't feel any joy or drive anymore.
So who do we blame?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
duckroll said:
There's a huge 6 page interview at 4Gamer which they conducted with Inafune last week (posted today) about his resignation. I'm not going to bother translating it because Anoop will probably have something on his blog later. He does address Megaman Legends 3 as well, saying that it took so long to assemble the staff and to get the project approved that he didn't want to quit at this point, but he just couldn't continue anymore because he really hates his job and doesn't feel any joy or drive anymore. :lol

well, that's it then.

zlatko

Banned
Pureauthor said:
So, uh, does Capcom have anyone worth anything anymore?

yoshinori_ono.jpg

His time has come!

Really though I think the straw that broke Infaune's back was his Megaman Legends 3 heroine placing last place. :lol

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Does this mean Capcom will stop blaming every product failure on it not being Westernized enough?

Anyhow, I wish him all the luck. End of an era.

Ok, now I'm gonna stop pretending to care about any Capcom official other than Ono and Niitsuma.

duckroll

Augemitbutter said:
wow, wtf?

no more western approach for capcom now? ;)

Yes, Capcom will completely change their approach to development and abandon the huge investment they just made in both DmC and Blue Castle Games, simply because one man left the company. Yup.

Nope.

duckroll said:
He does address Megaman Legends 3 as well, saying that it took so long to assemble the staff and to get the project approved that he didn't want to quit at this point, but he just couldn't continue anymore because he really hates his job and doesn't feel any joy or drive anymore. :lol

AHGG NOOO. It's his dream game! Make it, then quit! Fuck. Capcom better not pull the rug on Legends 3. Fuck.

duckroll said:
Yes, Capcom will completely change their approach to development and abandon the huge investment they just made in both DmC and Blue Castle Games, simply because one man left the company. Yup.

Nope.

So Inafune was being sarcastic about western gaming this whole time?

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

Top Bottom