• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

John

DangerStepp said:
What's up with the difference in the PC version's box? Why is he crotch chopping? That could be dangerous with his wrist shanks.

d0qW7H
aYI5Ag
it represents the shackles of obtrusive digital rights management

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Mifune said:
According to Patrice, his work on AC Brotherhood was done when he left Ubi. So it will still have something of his stamp on it.

Now, the series moving forward, however...

He had to have a plan for the series moving forward, and I'm sure he shared that plan. I think the series is in good hands, even without his direct involvement.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
I'd like to know an estimated percentage on single-player to multi-player content.

It seems like most of the achievements are for single player, I wonder if that's a good correlation?

John said:
but it's Desmond. yahtzee nailed it when he said he was "in the running for the blandest sentient life in the universe" or some such.
Which happens to make him the PERFECT assassin.
Templar 1: "Hey, where did that assassin go?"
Templar 2: "I don't know, he went into that crowd of two people, and now I can't tell which one is him!"
Templar 3: "Sooo, maybe we should just kill all three of them. I mean, we are evil, you know."
Templar 2: "Dammit Callahan, don't forget your training! If we kill a civilian, we lose the contract!"
Templar 1: "Well, I guess we're done here. Wanna grab a bite at Taco Bell?"
Templar 2: "Sure, I mean, it's not like there's much of a choice here in the future."

John

Zero-Crescent said:
Which happens to make him the PERFECT assassin.
Templar 1: "Hey, where did that assassin go?"
Templar 2: "I don't know, he went into that crowd of two people, and now I can't tell which one is him!"
Templar 3: "Sooo, maybe we should just kill all three of them. I mean, we are evil, you know."
Templar 2: "Dammit Callahan, don't forget your training! If we kill a civilian, we lose the contract!"
Templar 1: "Well, I guess we're done here. Wanna grab a bite at Taco Bell?"
Templar 2: "Sure, I mean, it's not like there's much of a choice here in the future."
he's so inconspicuous he's conspicuous. desmond should be replaced by michael weston. great plot twist!

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Blimblim said:
Got my review copy today. Embargo in a bit less than 8 days.
Can you at least give a percentage estimate on the single-player to multi-player content?

Or at least a yes or no on if it's enough of a single player experience for a fan of the first two games?

MY PRE-ORDER IS IN YOUR GENTLE HANDS.

i wasnt hyped for this till about 5 days ago when someone mentioned it and i went looking for info. I loved the first 2 but figured id pass on this:lol

mjc

I'll be getting it, but all the exclusive armors and stuff from all the retailers annoys me to no end. I know they did it with AC2 as well but it drives me up a wall.

Holy shit so excited for another AC game. Man, reading about the guild stuff really gets me going. Being able to send dudes out on missions? Sounds so cool. Definitely hope there is a bunch more micro-managing in this game. I didn't really realize that Desmond and gang would play a very important role in this game; seems this is more and more like AC3.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Princess Skittles said:
Can you at least give a percentage estimate on the single-player to multi-player content?

Or at least a yes or no on if it's enough of a single player experience for a fan of the first two games?

MY PRE-ORDER IS IN YOUR GENTLE HANDS.
If my % of progression keeps moving as it does, it looks like it will be a 15 to 20 hours long game.
And with this, I'll stop talking about it :)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The only thing I'm unsure of is having a squad of dudes you can order around. I avoided hiring any help in AC2 because it was too damn easy already, there was one mission where you were supposed to let a group of troops in a base to help you but I just climbed in the base and did it all myself. I'd rather go solo.

conman

Mifune said:
According to Patrice, his work on AC Brotherhood was done when he left Ubi. So it will still have something of his stamp on it.
Not that I have any idea why he left, but something had to convince him to leave. Hard to imagine he would just up and leave such a high-level position at a company he'd been with for so long in a major-selling series that he was the creative force behind. Definitely makes me more skeptical about this release.

Of course, that won't stop me from picking this up. Really enjoyed the MP beta.

Altazor

this is a great OT, I'm sure this will be a good/great game (I loved AC2) but I really wish this didn't have that goddamned DRM =(, and I can't even say I'll get the console version because I don't own any! (except for a Wii... which is irrelevant in this case)

oh well, I think I'll have to deal with it.

conman said:
Not that I have any idea why he left, but something had to convince him to leave. Hard to imagine he would just up and leave such a high-level position at a company he'd been with for so long in a major-selling series that he was the creative force behind. Definitely makes me more skeptical about this release.

Of course, that won't stop me from picking this up. Really enjoyed the MP beta.

Didn't agree with PC DRM? No, but seriously. There could be many reasons why he decided to leave. With such a position and level of game, comes more time and responsibility necessary. Maybe he wanted to focus on his family? Or maybe something even better, in his eyes, came along. I really don't see his leaving as a direct relation to the level of quality in this upcoming release.

Amir0x

Banned
i cant believe i'm anticipating this

it's all because fucking Game Informer told me the challenge tombs were back

fuuuuck they were so awesome in AC2

also, the multiplayer beta was surprisingly rad

Irish

Holy Fuck!

The Exotic Gameplay trailer is beyond badass. I was hyped for the game already, but this just proves the missions have been much improved. They seem to be a lot more layered and unique.

I'm a big fan of the "full synchronization" aspect of the game as well. It really allows the developers to craft cool linear missions for those who want to play it with a cinematic flair, but also allows for a lot of freedom for those who prefer to play the game in their own way.

MMaRsu

Banned
How long is the single player part in the game? I'm not VERY interested in the MP section of the game..

mjc

MMaRsu said:
How long is the single player part in the game? I'm not VERY interested in the MP section of the game..

I thiiiiiiink I read an interview that said the SP would be somewhat similar in length to AC2's. If that's true then it will be pretty meaty. (15-20 hours?)

Arsin

Super hyped about this! I did not play the DLC from AC2, will I miss out on some of the story or is beating the main story enough to dive into this game?

Irish

Killthee said:
Watch this beta gameplay video to get a grasp of how multiplayer works. If you want to see more, iNvidious has a bunch of more videos over at his YouTube channel.

Eh... This is going to make me sound like a jackass, but I feel it needs to be said:

Don't watch the OP's personal beta videos. That's really not the way the game is meant to be played. The MP is at its best when people are playing more stealthily and not constantly running around.

Also, that playstyle really isn't encouraged by the game. As you can see, he's only getting 100-150 points for each of his kills. Sure, he may be getting a lot of them, but they're really not rewarding in the least. Well-thought out, 800-1000 point kills are a lot more satisfying for everyone in the game because they aren't constantly seeing people run around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Of course, this is all my personal opinion.

Sai

Wish we could've gotten that Codex Edition. :(

Got the US Collector's preordered at Amazon though. Hope that Harlequin costume at EB Games becomes available for the rest later down the road.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Arsin said:
Super hyped about this! I did not play the DLC from AC2, will I miss out on some of the story or is beating the main story enough to dive into this game?

The story for the two DLCs is pretty self-contained. They're connected to each other but mostly irrelevant to what will probably happen in AC:B. I think you should play them, though. Battle of Forli is a bit short, but it fully develops Forli when it was underutilized in the main game. Bonfire of the Vanities adds a new area to Florence and is a long string of awesome assassination missions.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Guts Of Thor said:
I think I read it is somewhere around 15 hours?

I've heard similar. I'll probably end up (hopefully) waiting past my goal of before the end of 2010 and into 2011 since I'm only interested in single player and this, like all Ubi games, will probably plummet in price pretty fast. I'm sure it'll be just as fun 3-4 months after it's released.

Top Bottom