• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Helck 97.2

Guess Helck will finally go berserk.

Golden Kamui 103

Yo Ogata backstory is fucked. Dat revenge.

Kaguya 70

ZkaUV8v.png

Great chapter. The beginning was so good.

Arabesque

Is there any good or interesting manga that covers the lives/legacies of Chinese Emperors like Wu Zetian or Li Shimin, in the same way Historie or Alexandros chronicles Alexander the Great's?

Would also be willing to check out books or novels about the subject, since I have burned through my backlog on Roman and Byzantine literature for the time being.

Ascheroth

Seven Deadly Sins 197-225

That flashback arc was really good. Lots of reveals, reunions and recollections. Gowthers backstory was great, heck, all the backstories of the Sins have been amazing.
And yooo, that Demon King and Supreme Deity designs... that's right out of a Souls game.

This mange sure had its lows, *cough* power level introductions *cough*, but when it gets good, it gets really good.

So, who out of my follow Beastars readers can tell me how Bill figured that out. As I still have no idea. Ha!

Seven Deadly Sins 197-225

That flashback arc was really good. Lots of reveals, reunions and recollections. Gowthers backstory was great, heck, all the backstories of the Sins have been amazing.
And yooo, that Demon King and Supreme Deity designs... that's right out of a Souls game.

This manga sure had its lows, *cough* power level introductions *cough*, but when it gets good, it gets really good.

Part of me just wants all the backstories to get the Ban and Elaine treatment. As that spin-off is really nice, expanding on the details while also having a really cool take on the manga's style.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I liked Beastars more when it was just school stuff instead of full anime video game.

No more chapters :(

Zweizer

Banned
Is there any good or interesting manga that covers the lives/legacies of Chinese Emperors like Wu Zetian or Li Shimin, in the same way Historie or Alexandros chronicles Alexander the Great's?

Would also be willing to check out books or novels about the subject, since I have burned through my backlog on Roman and Byzantine literature for the time being.

Kingdom is pretty good, and is about the rise of Qin Shi Huang, though he's not the main protagonist.

I heard good things about Sangokushi by Yokoyama Mitsuteru, but since it's based on the Three Kingdoms period, I'm not sure how much of a role the Emperors play in it.

Arabesque

Kingdom is pretty good, and is about the rise of Qin Shi Huang, though he's not the main protagonist.

I heard good things about Sangokushi by Yokoyama Mitsuteru, but since it's based on the Three Kingdoms period, I'm not sure how much of a role the Emperors play in it.

Kingdom I read for a while but sort of fell behind, will have to get caught up. Thanks for reminding me of it.

Sangokushi I read to the end. I really liked it, but the Three Kingdoms period is the one period I don't have an interest in at the moment, given how much was written and touched upon on the era in manga. Sort of on par with Sengoku Jidai with how I have seen too many straight (and gender benders) adaptations in anime and manga to the point it isn't what I'm looking for now.

The Nihonmatsu Siblings and the Adventure of Wooden Valley 1

New series from the Sengoku Biscuit Circle author, starring two supernatural problem-solving siblings and a homesick zashiki warashi. Getting the latter back to her home village in the titular Wooden Valley seems to be the (current) crux of the plot. Nothing about this first chapter really grabbed my interest, but then I'd probably say the same about every other opener I've read from this guy. Followed/backlogged in the expectation that it'll improve.

Tomo-chan Ch.595
You're never gonna be rid of that trauma, Jun...

Beastars ch.1
I had no idea what I was expecting from the first chapter of a manga about anthro animals that supposedly, based on people's impressions in this thread, goes from coming of age story to Yakuza style action...

...but I'm now suddenly compelled to continue reading.

Nordicus

Beastars ch.1
I had no idea what I was expecting from the first chapter of a manga about anthro animals that supposedly, based on people's impressions in this thread, goes from coming of age story to Yakuza style action...

...but I'm now suddenly compelled to continue reading.
Straight up Majima "I'm gonna go raid the fucking Dojimas and nothing can stop me"

Jintor

Nah not yey besides i don't like wearing the costumes

i wonder what the single most common vector of furryness is these days. I would have said looney tunes back in the day, but now I wonder if something like khajit in Elder Scrolls games is more it

Fancolors

i wonder what the single most common vector of furryness is these days. I would have said looney tunes back in the day, but now I wonder if something like khajit in Elder Scrolls games is more it
Zootopia is lighting the same fire Robin Hood did back in the day.

Zweizer

Banned
Oh, Zweizer! Can I ask you for another set of your very best?

Slutty Bitch VS Young Virgin Futanari by Kasuga Mayu is pretty good, and The Desire For The Older Sister Experience by Michiking is short but fun. If you crave something a bit more risqué, Rebis' Meikyuu Oujo to 3-nin no Mama: NatsuComi Kaijou Shousasshitsuki Set features some good over-the-top curves and as is often the case, futanari action. There's also Q's Phallic Girls 5 which was recently released, but it requires some prior knowledge of the Dulce Report series.

This one is more for Arc, but if you're alright with Kancolle doujinshi, Kiseijijitsu no Tsukurikata and Kyouizon toiu Na no Ai no Katachi by Usubeniya are pretty good at depicting some good yandere faces, especially the latter with an unequal abusive relationship thrown in the mix.

For the very weird, Naho-Machine! by Zakkin is worth a read, though it's probably going to raise all your eyebrows, lol.

caliph95

Beastars

(drug metaphor)
It's weird where thy state that eating meat since everybody is sentient and living together is the ultimate taboo that ther is the "ghetto" that pretty much everybody knows about exist and is open with selling meat. Wondering where they get their meat from.Though i guess the government ignores it as it allows the average carnivore not to start killing.

K1ODTL2.png

Nevermind the meat source was explained

Fbh

MHA 114

Get me back to the fight...we don't need a flashback for every battle.

HxH 363

With so many stand users it's only a matter of time until a Joke makes his entrance

Attack On Titan 95

Continues to be enjoyable but it's time to move the story forward. We get it, the eldians are brainwashed and Reiner no longer belives in the cause.

Dr Stone 18

I love this manga. The humor is on point, the characters are great and those reaction faces will never get old. The shot from the guy putting on a confident face to crapping his pants internally was hilarious

Zweizer

Banned
Prison School ch258

Aw, poor Risa. At the rate which she gets her hopes up only to be let down, she's going to become a M herself.

Grand Blue ch37

Such good, helpful friends. They have the necessary scientific mindset, too!

Horimiya ch80

Being able to have some friction, and then solve it is necessary for any healthy relationship after all.

img000008ios6k.png

lol

Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen ch30

The ring girls made their appearance. That's all that matters.

Youkai Shoujo - Monsuga ch102

Convenient power-up, here we go.

Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen 30

Club showdown arc + Hitomi temporarily redeemed (slightly NSFW). I'm glad to see Chloe in the ring, even if it wasn't in the way that I'd hoped. I don't watch much kickboxing, but it's a sport where people get smacked in the head with steel chairs when the ref's distracted right? If so, that needs to happen right now.

Satan's Secretary 5

TNG5klx.png

Are we just going to ignore the fact that Satan has Majora's Mask? Why isn't the Secretary factoring it into her battle strategies? Is this the dawn of the final day? The interview approach is a sensible one, though I'm slightly nauseated to see that even in the demon world, the interviewers are wearing ties.

Black Lily and White Lily 1
Friendship between girls is wonderful. In this case, it's the friendship between two Lilies, one of whom is the school chairman and (seemingly) hated, while the other is a transfer student who wants to help her namesake bloom. Maybe I was distracted by all the flowers, but I feel like the plot skipped a couple of steps + is more contrived than is typical even for a yuri series. But there was foot licking and hand-holding, so followed to the ends of the earth etc.

Hormiya Ch80: Now that is a text you don't ever send as a joke. Though I'm sure Kyoko will probably get a kick out of the anger sex they'll end up having later.

Zweizer

Banned
Dangit Battleship. How do you find these so fast?

Black Lily and White Lily ch1 by Ootori Mahiro

The title is pretty clever (sadly lost in translation), and it's off to a good, yuri-filled start.

Maou no Hisho ch5

Ultimately, demons aren't that much different from humans.

dani_dc

Prison School 258

That was heartbreaking.
I'll be extremely disturbed if Hana has the same ending.

I know right? Asahi couldn't change the past, but future class president can go back in time and help Asahi change the past. Ok.

Either that or Akane just prevented Asahi from interfering and changing the past, because Akane didn't wan't Asahi to actually do anything. I dunno.

We've had plenty of indication that the future can't be changed, so I hope they don't cope out of it.

I think it's more like a person from the future cannot force the past to change on their own, but a person in the present could change their actions thus altering the future.

Or it's just bullshit.

But then what's stopping Ashashi from telling someone from the past to change things?

I'm putting this under bullshit.

dramatis

There was a manhua that took place during Li Shimin's early reign but I didn't get further than one chapter because it wasn't really historical and the main character was a girl who wanted revenge on Li Shimin. I think it was called Chang Ge Xing.

We Never Learn 22

Oh good, this series was missing an unambiguous best girl to make it worth keeping up with. Obviously she's not in the running (or even participating), but that hasn't stopped me with other romcoms before. I'm sure my education would've benefited if I'd had such an engaging teacher as her.

Dangit Battleship. How do you find these so fast?
This should explain things.

There's no secret, I just wanted to put that annoying song back in your head.

phaze

We Never Learn 22

Oh good, this series was missing an unambiguous best girl to make it worth keeping up with. Obviously she's not in the running (or even participating), but that hasn't stopped me with other romcoms before. I'm sure my education would've benefited if I'd had such an engaging teacher as her.

Judging by her abysmal knowledge of french revolution I sincerely doubt that.

We've had plenty of indication that the future can't be changed, so I hope they don't cope out of it.

But then what's stopping Ashashi from telling someone from the past to change things?

I'm putting this under bullshit.

I'm still going with the future can be changed, and all the time travelers just suck and it or something. Because otherwise you'd be right and it would be stupid. Though maybe I'm expecting too much from a gag manga.

horimiya 80

what a cruel joke Hori. Not cool.

we never learn 21

Thats some timing, everyone in the bath at the same time.

Top Bottom