• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

Sorian

Banned
I'm going to be recollecting my thoughts as I go, but I wanted to do this while the thought was still fresh in my head. Sorian, you've been acting way too weird with CrimsonSophia, such that I'm wondering if you're all not riding the same boat together.

So...what are the odds that you've read a stretch of posts, made 5 hours into day 1, and a single pair appear to be doing everything that set your alarm bells saying 'Right'? I'll give Sorian the benefit of not being so transparent at this moment, but:

Here we have you basically passively tilting discussion away from them-

And then we have you full on diverting attention. Why? I can't remember anyone else who warranted that much belief from you(there wasn't) and it's peculiar that you're defending not one, but both of the pair today. And your line of questioning is subject too. Sorian uses the 'I agree with you but X takes precedence' or what I like to call the carrot and stick method. On one hand, he acknowledges that the Crimsonphia pair may have a problem, while on the other he's saying, let's put that aside for now and focus on something substantial.

And then there's this post thread below that appears to try and give Sophia's claim legitimacy early on

By writing and directing a set narrative. For what purpose? I don't know, I have my suspicions but nothing concrete.

Sophia has done nothing "right" actually. By herself, she'd still be sitting at a null. Anything positive I've had to say has been about Crimson alone. This is hardly a new tactic, I always delete 1 or 2 players early on day 1 and leave them for re evaluation for later in the game if they actually end up being top notch scum that got good points early on. Crimson has taken that role as the straight man towns town and he can have it. It leads to a quick death on a night that scum have nothing better to do.

It's not diverting attention away when I say that I[/] don't care about their read, you all do you. I like giving myself the least amount of work with still high odds of success.

Sorian

Banned
Last post in a row (probably)

I'm not exactly uncomfortable on my Ouro vote. He withdrew pretty fast and I think Kitty's only contribution was a hot take and a vote.

Plenty of nothing posters yet but I'll bite my tongue there for the 24 hour mark. Going to call out Kark again though because I'm astounded that he hasn't tried to get into it with anyone yet and even threw in a hi during one of his favorite topics and didn't get baited at all.

Was going to vote Dragonz but Verelios is actually following a consistent thread of logic and I didn't realize he was her partner so I'll null the pair for now.

Shout out to Darryl for also not setting off any alarm bells even if he is reading Verelios differently than me.

Ty4on

Agreed on the point but what about the progression on Fat? I poked at the accusation and found it to be fairly shallow. Would be unsurprised to read their chat later and find that Crimson was trying to egg a response to read reactions.
For a page 2 read I found it quite substantial. That might be true, but I believe he is genuinely wary of Fat.

Orb

Since I have zero ability to read(for now, hopefully i learn lol) I'm probably gonna lean on gut instinct for a bit

and right now I don't feel like WAMD is scum

Sorian

Banned
Since I have zero ability to read(for now, hopefully i learn lol) I'm probably gonna lean on gut instinct for a bit

Learning to write before being able to read is the epitome of putting the cart before the horse.

#shitpost

kingkitty

Oh hi before I get ready for work I'd thought I'd stop by and add that I'll usually swing by the thread around 6pm eastern America time after work. If you need to contact me before that, please email my secretary Ouro.

franconp

franconp

How many games have you been in Kitsune? I agree with WAMD and tend to read being focused on self preservation too much as potential scum, but I think newness is a factor to consider. It does seem like from past games I've been in newer players sometimes overly focus on living as opposed to solving.

That's true and we should correct them.

Never said any of that. I am just pointing out your own hypocrisy, whilst you pointed out Sophia's hypocrisy. I didn't think Sophia was overstepping anything, therefore I didn't think you were either

I'm liking Darryl and it's worrying me.

Another thing that sticks out as odd to me - Ouro throws out a whatever vote on Sophia, but the later kingkitty shows up and follows it up with another vote on that pair - except using actual reasoning and voting the other half of the pair. Could be a complete coincidence, but it seemed worth pointing out as it makes me stop and ponder about it.

Here's a question - you said you learned to not go for a no lynch because it contributed to you getting lynched in your last game. That being said what is your stance on no lynch now and why?

It isn't logical that both of the pair would vote the same target? They have a secret chat were they can talk things, reach a consensus or decide on a move and coordinate. I see nothing wrong there.

Then I'd either go with where everyone else was going or just not vote.

This is wrong too.

Why? Because she hasn't done much to make me feel that.

Good morning guys.

I'm probably gonna write more in 3-4 hours, so apologies. Maybe also summarize my thoughts on each pair before that.

Also:

UNVOTE: Dr. Worm

I'm going to try to make a final attempt to explain my thoughts a little bit more, in between gym sets.

I originally didn't like how kit didn't want to advocate for a no lynch because she didn't want to get any attention. So instead she decided to go with the pack and instead is now arguing for a lynch, which, to me, is against what she actually wants to do. It's wishy washy, town-appeasing behavior.

Then she says that I'm trying to go back on my opinion, which I don't see in the slightest, but that's neither here nor there. Then she was all "I'm not hiding, I'm being helpful and discussing shit", which is true, but my read on it is "my opinion wasn't popular, so now I have to prove that I'm an asset to town, because no lynch fans are usually bad news for town".

I brought it up in the first place because no lynch advocates are normally suspect to me, and it always comes up as a topic of discussion on D1. I saw something that I, personally, would consider to be suspicious so I brought it up. At best, the idea gets discussed which allows everyone as a whole to get reads on others (which is obviously super important on day 1), and at worst, the idea gets shot down and I get scum read, which is whatever, because it always seems to happen to me anyway.

It's a better place to start than what y'all were talking about, which is fuck all, so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

franconp

One of these is not like the other if I remember right. Fire kind of posted a few times I think? The real issue is when people say they are reading and then ghost is.

Fire posted a few time but with almost non content. His partner also is lost.

I wanted to know what's Ouro thinks of this as he was worried about the number of posts instead of the quality of them.

I'm going to try to make a final attempt to explain my thoughts a little bit more, in between gym sets.

I originally didn't like how kit didn't want to advocate for a no lynch because she didn't want to get any attention. So instead she decided to go with the pack and instead is now arguing for a lynch, which, to me, is against what she actually wants to do. It's wishy washy, town-appeasing behavior.

That's a deliberate misrepresentation of the events as they happened, which pings my scum-o-meter harder than anything you've said so far.

The way you're painting it makes it look as if your objections to my actions came after my decision to vote for you, when instead it came before, and for no explained reason other than "she said a word I didn't like". Moreso, you accused me of going back on my word, before I voted for you.

Situations change, and the way you were reacting to me gave me enough reason to vote for you. The way I see it, there's nothing contradictory there-- unless you're trying to spin it to get heat off of you.

Then she says that I'm trying to go back on my opinion

Um, what? When did I ever say that? Can you link to the direct post please? I think thou doseth project too much.

Then she was all "I'm not hiding, I'm being helpful and discussing shit", which is true, but my read on it is "my opinion wasn't popular, so now I have to prove that I'm an asset to town, because no lynch fans are usually bad news for town".

I made a joke at my own expense, oh my god. Get over it.

I
brought it up in the first place because no lynch advocates are normally suspect to me, and it always comes up as a topic of discussion on D1.

You do realise that... In my post... That you're upset about... We agree? My entire fucking joke was about how voting no lynch was a bad idea and contributed to my lynching as a townie in the last game I was in. Holy shit.

Had a bit time until just now to summarize, gonna post them here before I'm away for a few hours.

[m] Fat4all & [m] Sorian
Sorian is fairly engaging and analytical. Getting slight town or neutral vibes.

[m] CrimsonFist & [f] Sophia
On the initiative, especially Crimson. Trying to lead the townies a bit, question is, is it a genuine effort or misleading? Currently seems more like the former.

[m] franconp & [m] Dr. Worm
Worm was not saying much with substance, still a bit suspicious. franconp seemed overly suspicious of me, although I voted for his partner to get him to post substantial stuff, so that might be the cause.

[m] Trigger & [m] Ty4on
Ty4on tried to analyze here and there, but I can't really get reads from him.

[m] Natiko & [m] Nomadic Sparks
Nomadic asked if No Lynch is an option, and made it seem like he and Natiko didn't talk much in their chat. Might have been intentional.

[m] Verelios & [f] WhereAreMahDragonz
Dragonz was oddly aggressive against kitsune.

[m] Ourobolus & [m] kingkitty
Ouro seems fairly normal, although he questioned me asking about scum team numbers. Might be natural townie suspicion though.

franconp

I may be remembering this badly but you weren't voted out for the No Vote D1. It was your weird posting with Wee that did it.

franconp

[m] franconp & [m] Dr. Worm
Worm was not saying much with substance, still a bit suspicious. franconp seemed overly suspicious of me, although I voted for his partner to get him to post substantial stuff, so that might be the cause.

Overly suspicious? I haven't even started. It was actually pretty mild for me.

I just find it weird that you caught some meta references and not the more obvious ones.

Overly suspicious? I haven't even started. It was actually pretty mild for me.

I just find it weird that you caught some meta references and not the more obvious ones.

Yeah, as I said, I voted for Worm to get stuff out of him so I thought it was fair.

Obviously I don't know everyone here very well, so some things might needlessly concern me when it's normal for that person.

That's a deliberate misrepresentation of the events as they happened, which pings my scum-o-meter harder than anything you've said so far.

The way you're painting it makes it look as if your objections to my actions came after my decision to vote for you, when instead it came before, and for no explained reason other than "she said a word I didn't like". Moreso, you accused me of going back on my word, before I voted for you.

Situations change, and the way you were reacting to me gave me enough reason to vote for you. The way I see it, there's nothing contradictory there-- unless you're trying to spin it to get heat off of you.

Um, what? When did I ever say that? Can you link to the direct post please? I think thou doseth project too much.

I made a joke at my own expense, oh my god. Get over it.

I

You do realise that... In my post... That you're upset about... We agree? My entire fucking joke was about how voting no lynch was a bad idea and contributed to my lynching as a townie in the last game I was in. Holy shit.

I don't give a fuck if you vote for me or not. It was reactionary which isn't a good look for you tbh, but I'm entitled to my reads and my opinion. Get over it.

Also I would like to point out..I haven't voted for you. Yet.

I'm getting every read I want out of you and I don't even have to submit a prod vote. Thanks fam 👍🏻

franconp

Yeah, as I said, I voted for Worm to get stuff out of him so I thought it was fair.

Obviously I don't know everyone here very well, so some things might needlessly concern me when it's normal for that person.

Why do keep saying it's related to the vote?

If it were related to the vote I would have talked about your partner, who has barely posted besides shitposting so far.

I don't like how are you trying to spin an OMGUS narrative in my read from you.

Sorian

Banned
Why do keep saying it's related to the vote?

If it were related to the vote I would have talked about your partner, who has barely posted besides shitposting so far.

I don't like how are you trying to spin an OMGUS narrative in my read from you.

Going to go on a limb and assume she has no idea what you said at the end there.

I don't give a fuck if you vote for me or not. It was reactionary which isn't a good look for you tbh, but I'm entitled to my reads and my opinion. Get over it.

And I'm entitled to say your opinion makes as much sense as a firebreathing three-headed dodo on the back of a giant lizard in space wearing a jetpack.

Sorian

Banned
VOTE: kitsunelaine

Since you're actually here for the next hour or so before I go to bed and I can see some real fluster this time.

Sorian

Banned
Well yeah. I've kind of got nothing to say to someone who wasn't actually involved in the argument and offered no thoughts on it.

I have given my thoughts. The fight went no where and seems to have served no purpose. It felt like fighting for the sake of fighting.

Top Bottom