• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport vs Forza Motorsport 7 comparison with the Corvette C7

Momentary

Banned
Definitely. PCARS wins easily here.

What is the total car count in these games though?

Forza has WAY more. But I'd rather have fewer cars with more time put into the models. Assetto Corsa also has excellent car models, but their graphics engine is even more dated.

kpaadet

I’m getting this vibe as well. Shame that lighting outweighs everything else. Even if Forza scores higher and is the better racer, graphics will be the focal point of Forza vs GT arguements.

Not sound, not physics implementation, not dynamic weather, not day night transition and probably not content. A lot of which GT is missing the mark.
Don’t forget loot boxes and micro transactions economy more categories where Forza humiliates GT.

In that occasion only rain matters, maybe because the gif you quoted ONLY shows under rain condition :p

Yeah but then show me one without the rain and how perfect Forza cars blends with the surrounding terrain that is better than GT. Prove me wrong and call my comparison useless by perhaps providing a gif that is better than the GT ones in ANY OTHER condition then rain since there are no footage of that from GT but plenty of daytime and night time.

All I'm seeing from this thread is some people obviously have a horse in this race, and can't be happy with the competition being better at anything.

FWIW I'm not buying either game, but if I did right now I'd lean towards Forza due to the larger list of cars. But I'm more of a Horizon/Driveclub kinda guy.

I’m getting this vibe as well. Shame that lighting outweighs everything else. Even if Forza scores higher and is the better racer, graphics will be the focal point of Forza vs GT arguements.

Not sound, not physics implementation, not dynamic weather, not day night transition and probably not content. A lot of which GT is missing the mark.

Racing is quite lackluster in Forza, but I'm pretty sure you are free to make a thread about comparing gameplay features.

Definitely. PCARS wins easily here.

What is the total car count in these games though?
Oh Forza is ahead by miles and miles on that account. Its in the stratosphere.

Isn't it 700 cars or so? All built to Forza-Vista spec, give or take? As far as I can tell GT Sport will have around 140 and Project Cars 2 has around 180.

To be fair Sony let's PD take all the time in world and blow $$ which I don't think the people who make Forza have anywhere close to the freedom to miss release windows.

GTS looks better though and it's not even a numbered sequel.

farisr

GTS looks better though and it's not even a numbered sequel.
The only reason it isn't a numbered sequel is because of the shift in focus to online, and (speculation) so that they have a fallback plan in case the game's sales legs aren't great. It is a full priced entry that has taken 4 years to make.

Momentary

Banned
Here's a video with the same track and car truly running maxed out at 4K at 60FPS. It's the same time of day as on the Forza 7 side of the previous video. I couldn't get any other time of day that was cloudy. Love the game, but aesthetically I just don't think it as good as PCARS 2 or GT Sport to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znje16fYgxU

23654783498_5627aafec8_b.jpg

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Whoever made this video screwed up the Forza capture. It’s either a low spec PC or they captured at the wrong frame-rate. That’s not 60fps footage on the Forza side. Very jittery.

Turn 10 outscources for their modelling and have for years. PD has a small, in house team of perfectionists. The companies have different priorities.

c0de

Turn 10 outscources for their modelling and have for years. PD has a small, in house team of perfectionists. The companies have different priorities.

We also know that Forza never really wanted to achieve realistic lighting but went for more stylized graphics, yet here we are. Again.

Whoever made this video screwed up the Forza capture. It's either a low spec PC or they captured at the wrong frame-rate. That's not 60fps footage on the Forza side. Very jittery.

i played the pc demo and noticed that the 60fps frame cap doesn't stick when vsynced. so i was getting 130 very jittery fps on my 60Hz tv. i recon whats happend in the video.

played drive club afterwards. and even while aspects of the graphics (especially SSR, IQ) were much worse, because of the better lighting and PBR implementation in whole it looked better (less flat).

Hoo-doo

Banned
We also know that Forza never really wanted to achieve realistic lighting but went for more stylized graphics, yet here we are. Again.

Lol, horseshit. They certainly have a different style but it's almost an insult to the dev team to say they aren't chasing realistic visuals. They have been trying to get there from day one. They just don't get the freedom and time other teams have.

JayDub

Found this on reddit from Forza 7:

3f0zcrnyegpz.jpg

Thats effin ridiculously ugly. Here's the thread. People are talking about how the Forza 4 model looked better. That, and all the discussions of the car inaccuracies really turn me off Forza.

Weird thing is, its not like this for all cars. A lot of their cars look great. Not GT good, but not like the picture above.

aUk8yMn.jpg

c0de

Lol, horseshit. They certainly have a different style but it's almost an insult to the dev team to say they aren't chasing realistic visuals. They have been trying to get there from day one. They just don't get the freedom and time other teams have.

"Yearly pooped out game, development chained by Microsoft"?

"Yearly pooped out game, development chained by Microsoft"?

Well, I wouldnt put it that way.

In all honesty their decision to have Forza Motorsport at least biannually is a good thing, but progress for realistic visuals would probably be gradual, than what Polyphony can do.

c0de

Well, I wouldnt put it that way.

In all honesty their decision to have Forza Motorsport at least biannually is a good thing, but progress for realistic visuals would probably be gradual, than what Polyphony can do.

It wasn't my words but Hoo-doos, hence the quotes. We don't know if more time would make Forza look more realistic at all. Forza always had its own look.

Hoo-doo

Banned
It wasn't my words but Hoo-doos, hence the quotes. We don't know if more time would make Forza look more realistic at all. Forza always had its own look.

I'm definitely standing by the idea that Microsoft mandates a stricter release schedule than other platform holders. And it certainly limits the scope of what their capable of.

Saying that they purposefully chose to make the lighting engine worse because of a chosen art style, even though every single release they try to tout their new visual features as hard as possible? That's just disingenuous. The Forza games have always looked kinda flat, but they've been steady improving from game to game.

c0de

I'm definitely standing by the idea that Microsoft mandates a stricter release schedule than other platform holders. And it certainly limits the scope of what their capable of.

Saying that they purposefully chose to make the lighting engine worse because of a chosen art style, even though every single release they try to tout their new visual features as hard as possible? That's just disingenuous. The Forza games have always looked kinda flat, but they've been steady improving from game to game.

Well, another thread people are trying to argue the exact opposite. Also, how do you make a lighting engine worse? By which standard? The standard that you think PD is making? And visual features are not the same as trying to achieve the most realistic lighting, at all.
Without knowing *any* details about how Forzatech is being developed and how the release schedule is limiting anything regarding the foundation of mainline and Horizon, one can infer anything because it is pure speculation.

Momentary

Banned
Forza 7 does have varying degrees of quality between models. They probably outsource to multiple people and give popular cars to more skilled modeling groups.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
those headlights.. from the thread;

IY6dXYU.jpg

and forza 4
maxresdefault.jpg
Forza has had its own Standard vs Premium cars problem for years now. It’s going to look even worse in 4K. Wish MS would give them a 3-4 year break to make improvements across the board.

It’s funny, at some point, a massive racing game reaches its tipping point and has a bad balance of old and new content. For GT it was 5, and for Forza it looks like it’s 7.

MilkyJoe

Compare lighting, is overcast... Good grief.

What's up with GT? Looks like you control the road rather than the car.

dc89

Looking forward to the racing game comparison thread kicking off with style when GT is released and in people's hands.

Well, another thread people are trying to argue the exact opposite. Also, how do you make a lighting engine worse? By which standard? The standard that you think PD is making? And visual features are not the same as trying to achieve the most realistic lighting, at all.
Without knowing *any* details about how Forzatech is being developed and how the release schedule is limiting anything regarding the foundation of mainline and Horizon, one can infer anything because it is pure speculation.

I dont get why you think Forza 7 doesnt try to achieve realistic lighting and shading. That doesnt explain how Dubai looks gorgeous and realistic, because that's what they were trying to achieve.

uploads1505844017967-Forza-7.gif

Compare lighting, is overcast... Good grief.

What's up with GT? Looks like you control the road rather than the car.

The chase cam in GT games has always been garbage. The camera is locked on axis to the rear of the car and, unlike pretty much every other racing game which has ever existed, it has absolutely zero 'sway' when you are turning. It makes the rear of the car look extremely static on the screen, and as you say, causes it to appear and feel like you are rotating the environment rather than the car.

MilkyJoe

What's this supposed to mean? Lighting quality doesn't matter when overcast?
Put down the vodka, son.

Compare like for like or not at all. You're supposed to be above this.#

PS compare it to that dubai gif up there. Which looks like a cartoon?

Daffy Duck

Perfectionists....hahahahaha good joke.

The same perfectionists who are happy to include base standard models of cars with no interiors.

tzare

I hope that if there's a vs in DF they remember to check vanilla consoles version since most people will be playing on base ps4 and xbo

Neith

Banned
Oh Forza is ahead by miles and miles on that account. Its in the stratosphere.

Isn't it 700 cars or so? All built to Forza-Vista spec, give or take? As far as I can tell GT Sport will have around 140 and Project Cars 2 has around 180.

No other game besides Forza even bothers with my favorite ferraris. So this fucking sucks that I can't even buy the damn game on Steam. Microsoft wake the fuck up please.

c0de

I hope that if there's a vs in DF they remember to check vanilla consoles version since most people will be playing on base ps4 and xbo

I hope this as well, as both games are made for the base versions as a target, Pro and X will only have higher resolution and some settings tweaked or some higher resolution textures.

Top Bottom