• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport vs Forza Motorsport 7 comparison with the Corvette C7

Neith

Banned
Perfectionists....hahahahaha good joke.

The same perfectionists who are happy to include base standard models of cars with no interiors.

They might be perfectionists to some degree, but jesus there are like two different ferraris in their game. Not cool at all man.

GT looks too good for there to be only two ferraris a couple editions of the same one. Where is the legendary 250 class? The 80s and 90s love? Nothing. It hurts me.

Gingen

Banned
The chase cam in GT games has always been garbage. The camera is locked on axis to the rear of the car and, unlike pretty much every other racing game which has ever existed, it has absolutely zero 'sway' when you are turning. It makes the rear of the car look extremely static on the screen, and as you say, causes it to appear and feel like you are rotating the environment rather than the car.

In GTS you can set the chase cam parameters as you want

https://youtu.be/D5vvte8a7g8

Find it hard to fathom (as a PS4, Xbox and PC owner) the insecurity required to create and argue in threads like this.

The cherry picking, the comparing of shots from different times of day, the unwillingness to believe a good game could exist on a console you don't own.

Is this what this place is now? Fanboy rubbish like this thread.

We also know that Forza never really wanted to achieve realistic lighting but went for more stylized graphics, yet here we are. Again.

Thats just an excuse for not being able to achieve realistic graphics. As a simulator realism is inherently what you strive for.

From GTplanet:

7lGFXI.png

4U3bfA.png

ZOjFYJ.png

pmMHnX.png

IyT7kh4.png

XLlbe0.png

I did not expect Forza 7 to look that bad. 

Find it hard to fathom (as a PS4, Xbox and PC owner) the insecurity required to create and argue in threads like this.

The cherry picking, the comparing of shots from different times of day, the unwillingness to believe a good game could exist on a console you don't own.

Great post. This is exactly how I feel.

farisr

It's not just now, it has been the case this way for a long time with racing games unfortunately. Thanks to a current gen GT taking so long to come out, the last few years have been relatively quiet.

Surprisingly GT Sport looks better. I wasn’t expecting it to look better but I guess PD are still gods when it comes to lighting 😵

jabuseika

It's a NeoGaf tradition.

There have been GT vs Forza threads since the beginning.

Don't take it too seriously.

JamboGT

Yeah GT threads generally always have to put up with a diluted version of this all the time, comparisons are always going to be far worse.

It's the same with the Next-Gen face-off racing thread. A complete shitshow.

Games are either "terrible looking" or "a generation behind" if it doesn't run on your beloved plastic brand box of a console.

Snubbers

I think people tend to un-do their own arguments by trying too hard.

The opening video looks OK to me, both look like games, GT's accentuated look is pleasing on the eye but hardly realistic either.

I'm looking forward to GT;S, but of all the reasons, photomode and accentuated lighting don't feature on my criteria for getting excited about it.

I will say that I don't fully understand why T10 have gone for that really bland/flat look on certain tracks, they don't seem graphically challenging, maybe they just did them in a rush.. I think if they went for the same nuclear reactor levels of sunniness as GT, things might pop a bit more and invite less obvious comparison.

I will say that I was disappointed with FM7 visuals when it was announced, the screen shots/videos did little for me, but as with all the reviews, on firing it up, I was very surprised that the overall effect when driving is a reasonable step on from FM6, and their implementation of rain/weather in general is a huge leap forward for them..

I think both franchises need to learn from each other.. I'm not sure what good wasting time on having the best photomode does to the actual game.. do I need all that crazy detail modelled under the bonnet/hood? Or would I prefer they optimise race features?

These threads exist to keep the official threads clean of this stuff. It works for the most part.

Fitts

Not a fair comparison. For $20, you can get a consumable in Forza that improves the lighting system for five races. Clearly they didn’t have it activated for this video.

CrayToes

If you were expecting F7 to look better than GTS then I don't know what to tell you. Polyphony spend years obsessing over the details while Turn 10 is on a tight production line. Having said that, there are some silly comparisons itt, like real fanboy shit.

..this place is fkn embarrassing, every goddamn Xbox thread. The min i saw Phil went to Japan thread, and what do you expect is the lowest of the lowest shitpost comments, most of it by grown ass men.

I come here for the gaming news that's all..you just can't anrgue or get involved with insecure Sony GAF fanboys..

The sun position is completely different in the real life pics.

Not a great comparison to be honest.

To be fair, I couldn't find real life pics showing the car from behind from the right angle for some reason, either...

Daytime is of course different, but at least you can see well enough which game put more emphasis on track details.

..this place is fkn embarrassing, every goddamn Xbox thread. The min i saw Phil went to Japan thread, and what do you expect is the lowest of the lowest shitpost comments, most of it by grown ass men.

I come here for the gaming news that's all..you just can't anrgue or get involved with insecure Sony GAF fanboys..

Lets not act like all three sides don't have them PC/XBOX included, Nintendo fans just don't bother arguing lol

Alienfan

Man GT looks good, even if the lighting is baked. But there's no way that footage is a good representation of Forza 7, it looks worse than 6 / Horizon 3, which can't be the case

JamboGT

While I agree that this thread has been embarrassing this happens in every Gran Turismo thread as well. It doesn't just happen to XBox threads.

Top Bottom