• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport vs Forza Motorsport 7 comparison with the Corvette C7

Snubbers

You mean like those in this race car in real life at the same track Nürburgring does?

giphy.gif

Yeah think he forgot to install those extra headlights race cars always use too...

I think video camera's have exceedingly poor dynamic range compared to the human eye.

I don't think simulation of someone watching a video of a person driving around a track is the kind of target they would be aiming for..

I mean its not like you can't jump in your car, find a stretch of road that has no street lighting and realise you can certainly 'see' much further than that video suggests.. :)

Why should i provide if i am not saying anything about which one is better?

Plus, i already provided a more fair comparison:

Ok so now one that is in dry setting is equal to that of a wet track? But I thought you started this whole thing claiming that you could not compare wet condition with a dry on like I did and that was a useless comparison...

Yeah I am pretty much done with you.

GenericUser

I really would like to see HDR Footage of GTS. I wonder how much better it looks compared to a standard TV (that I still have).

I think video camera's have exceedingly poor dynamic range compared to the human eye.

I don't think simulation of someone watching a video of a person driving around a track is the kind of target they would be aiming for..

I mean its not like you can't jump in your car, find a stretch of road that has no street lighting and realise you can certainly 'see' much further than that video suggests.. :)

This might be a better comparison since this footage was actually captured on the ring and used by polyphony to get the setting right for night time racing.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

But sure lets not compare how realistic something looks based on footage from real life by HD cameras video games are far above that metric right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyG5qZi2Kd0

Edit:now for some reason my gif turned into a mp4 will try and fix it.
Edit2:Fixed

So some people know that the problem is the capture card/settings while others call this problem "another gen lighting"?

You are really digging a hole for yourself man. GTS releases soon so people will see for themselves. No Forza game has ever had better lighting or modeling than a GT game.

Not to say it looks bad but GT games has always had superior lighting.

Why should i provide if i am not saying anything about which one is better?

Plus, i already provided a more fair comparison:

I mean Forza 7 looks very nice in that clip, but it still highlights that GTS has more realistic looking lighting. The pretty reflective puddles don't change that. I do think that GTS, however, has some larger discrepancies than Forza, particularly in the consistency of its environments. Next gen Polyphony need to focus on improving track assets...Driveclub is still easily ahead there.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
My take has always been lighting in GT >>>> Forza but everything else (e.g, physics, sound, feel of cars, menus, framerate, etc.) is better in Forza.

Gestault

I mean Forza 7 looks very nice in that clip, but it still highlights that GTS has more realistic looking lighting. The pretty reflective puddles don't change that. I do think that GTS, however, has some larger discrepancies than Forza, particularly in the consistency of its environments. Next gen Polyphony need to focus on improving track assets...Driveclub is still easily ahead there.

Keep in mind, we still haven't see the retail release for tracks on GTS. That's no guarantee in itself (and that criticism has been fair for a decade's worth from GT games), but there have been improvements even just over the beta window.

My take has always been lighting in GT >>>> Forza but everything else (e.g, physics, sound, feel of cars, menus, framerate, etc.) is better in Forza.

Pretty much. The sound especially is incredible in Forza now. I've said before plenty of times but honestly it's level with Raceroom now, Forza + Raceroom are leagues ahead of the competition.

Some people are coming to a VS thread between two exclusives of the same gender in neogaf and expecting peace??... Lolol. C'mon guys... Lolol.

Hahaha! I love to dive in and out of the Driving Face Off thread from time to time.

Don't actually post in it, I just like to admire the view ;)

Some people are really really really invested in all this shit. Dont know whether to laugh or cry!

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Ok so now one that is in dry setting is equal to that of a wet track? But I thought you started this whole thing claiming that you could not compare wet condition with a dry on like I did and that was a useless comparison...

Yeah I am pretty much done with you.

I said "more fair" and NEVER said "equal"! Are you a bit blind or just like to take words out your ass?

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life

Are people like you ignoring the ToD and the supposed capture card problem reported in the thread? Or people really think that real life also has crushed blacks?

Are people like you ignoring the ToD and the supposed capture card problem reported in the thread? Or people really think that real life also has crushed blacks?
It's not only in the video honey, GT Sports generally has better lighting than Forza 7. There's tons of other examples shown in this thread alone.

I said "more fair" and NEVER said "equal"! Are you a bit blind or just like to take words out your ass?

Here is one thing you said earlier in the tread.

Because lighting + shadows while raining is one thing and lighting + shadows while not raining is another thing?

If two things are not the same I bet the dictionary would say they are not equal right? So how come this time it does not matter that one is in rainy condition and the other in dry and it is a "fair" comparison? Does the ToD only matter now? But if that is the case why could you not compare the rain gif from Forza with dry ones from GTS since that is exactly what you are saying is "fair" right now.

You are moving the goalpost in a circle you know that right?

Oof, that one does sound bad, I'll give you that. Could be worse but FM6 did have it right. Some cars had bad audio in FH3 but were fixed pretty quickly, so maybe that's one of them.

This is a better example of what I'm thinking of. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfL3kdAidqE&feature=youtu.be

I don't think even FM6 got that car right but it's closer to the real thing than FM7. IMO AC, DC and Pcars 2 got that car and many other production cars better than Forza. But that video you linked does sound pretty good.

BigEmil

So there is PC comparisons with max settings 4k 60fps going on now? Is that doable on a $400 PC I wonder

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Here is one thing you said earlier in the tread.

If two things are not the same I bet the dictionary would say they are not equal right? So how come this time it does not matter that one is in rainy condition and the other in dry and it is a "fair" comparison? Does the ToD only matter now? But if that is the case why could you not compare the rain gif from Forza with dry ones from GTS since that is exactly what you are saying is "fair" right now.

You are moving the goalpost in a circle you know that right?

"More fair" =/= "fair" or "equal". Stop putting words out your ass.

It's not only in the video honey, GT Sports generally has better lighting than Forza 7. There's tons of other examples shown in this thread alone.

Better lighting = more close to real life. Where are the tons of GT vs Forza vs real life at the same conditions examples here?

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
DC actually sounds the best in that video closely followed by Pcars 2.

See below:

“We did initially look and see if we could buy samples in, and approached manufacturers,” McDermott tells me. “But it just wasn’t good enough for us to do what we wanted to do.”

“We used upwards of 16 mics in each car, and in some cases a lot more – 26, even 27 in one of them,” insists McDermott.

“BMW and Mercedes actually called us up and asked if we’d be happy to give them a copy of our recordings to replace their own versions,” says Alan with a grin. “That felt pretty good!”

https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...the-most-realistic-sounding-racing-game-ever/

Say what you will about DRIVECLUB, but Evo went above and beyond with their attention to detail.

Izuna

Banned
This video, lol.

Forza 7 doesn't have its smooth framerate and GTS has some poppop over saturation going on causing people to lawd its lighting model.

Smh

Forza has never been close to simulate what driving a car is like.

... You're kidding, right?

Izuna

Banned

This is the point of HDR FYI.

The one thing I need to know is that does either game look better than Driveclub in Dashboard cam while raining?

That's my litmus test. I had a friend over last night and gave him the controller and his response was "this looks fukkin real"

And he's an Xbox owner who has played previous Forzas and GTs

watership

I absolutely stunned how nice night racing looks like in GT Sport - Forza 7 seems a bit too bright at night, while GT sport shows how scary dark it can get on certain parts of the track.

Forza 7 is too bright at night. Endurance racing at night is frightening - and it should be.

Oh boy. Forza 7 has dynamic time of day. It changes.

This is all the same race:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0WK0EqmAcs&feature=youtu.be

Start Race: Sunset
bb0sHVtl.png

Mid Race: Dusk
wvjiEJpl.png

End Race: Night
p8OX8l4l.png

GTSport the clear winner here and anybody saying otherwise is trying to sell something

That lighting + 60fps = no contest
Just look at the tail lights

shandy706

There are a few things one can draw from this, but as for what people are saying..

There's two completely different lighting conditions here. Forza can do the low, darker shadows, sun in your face, sun gleaming off your car blindingly too.

Not really apples to apples lighting/conditions wise.

Also, GT:S looks colorful and "gamey" here vs a washed out looking Forza 7. In fact, GT:S reminds me of what past Forzas usually look like.."colorful/vibrant".

The paint shaders are quite different. PD has that down to a science at times.

this thread.

i can feel the bias seeping out from the screen.

Are you planning on playing both on your PS4 and X1 like some of us?

"More fair" =/= "fair" or "equal". Stop putting words of your ass.

first of wtf do you mean by fair =/= more fair? That is what you want to defend your several contradictions with?

So what you said about how you absolutely cant compare lightning in a dry setting vs a wet one is ignored in the "more fair" comparison in a comparison of just that. Amazing logic.

Better lighting = more close to real life. Where are the tons of GT vs Forza vs real life examples here?

There are tons of pictures, gifs and video of both Forza and GTS in this thread for people to decide what looks more real and that is what he was comparing but you now demand that he should include real life examples why? You don't believe he have experienced real life and cant look at the pictures without including one from real life to be sure and also have to prove it to you? How about you do it yourself if it is so important to you instead of constantly demanding other persons to do it for you.

I have posted on the last page a comparison of a night race from real life, a Forza one and one from GTS. But as always those were not up to your "more fair" comparison standards so I guess someone should find a wet track from Forza at two hours later in the night now and compare it to a dry GTS track since that seems to be the latest of your demands for a "more fair" comparison since you cant be bothered to do anything other than complain.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
first of wtf do you mean by fair =/= more fair? That is what you want to defend your several contradictions with?

So what you said about how you absolutely cant compare lightning in a dry setting vs a wet one is ignored in the "more fair" comparison in a comparison of just that. Amazing logic.

There are tons of pictures, gifs and video of both Forza and GTS in this thread for people to decide what looks more real and that is what he was comparing but you now demand that he should include real life examples why? You don't believe he have experienced real life and cant look at the pictures without including one from real life to be sure and also have to prove it to you? How about you do it yourself if it is so important to you instead of constantly demanding other persons to do it for you.

I have posted on the last page a comparison of a night race from real life, a Forza one and one from GTS. But as always those were not up to your "more fair" comparison standards so I guess someone should find a wet track from Forza at two hours later in the night now and compare it to a dry GTS track since that seems to be the latest of your demands for a "more fair" comparison since you cant be bothered to do anything other than complain.

I said in that video that they can look more alike on a closer ToD. Is it so hard for you to understand this simple thing?

Why should include real life examples on
wanna be
simulators of real life? lol Are you for real asking this?

Again, i don't need to prove anything since i am not saying which one looks better anywhere. It's people who are saying which is better that need provide proof at the same ToD and weather conditions.

eso76

I think it's that the sun shadows don't move during a race, but they can do subtler things seeing as they have to support fading between weather conditions already.

I've only seen it transition from dusk to night and night to dawn (or cloudy to something else) and I assumed it was because their system can't show shadows moving, so one of the two always has to be no shadows at all (night/overcast).

Cyriades

Gran Turismo Sport Beta Patch 1.08 footage captured on Playstation 4 Pro. Forza Motorsport 7 footage captured on PC @ Max settings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGwwBokHLeU

Wow, everything I've seen up to this point Forza 7 looked quite a bit better but as far as this video their is no denying Gran Turismo Sport looked much better...

UPDATE
I have remade this comparison between GT Sport vs Forza 7. This time the Forza 7 footage is captured @ 4K on Ultra settings (previous video was captured @ 1080p) with a GTX 1080. It was not possible to match the exact time of day as Forza 7 is missing a simple feature as altering the time of day :-\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Iiqel3EAJ8

MisterR

Terrible take. More like lighting, physics, feel of cars GT>>>Forza. Forza gets sounds, menus.

Top Bottom