• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge Scores - Issue 224

via rllmukforum

little big planet 2: 9

dead space 2: 9

infinity blade: 8

nail'd: 5

gray matter: 5

echochrome 2: 8

under siege: 7

ni no kuni: shikkoku no madoushi: 8

999: nine hours, nine persons, nine doors: 6

eat them: 5

ghost trick: phantom detective: 8

lilt line: 4

time extend: hitman blood money

making of: the last express
//Mod Edit:

woodsey1982 said:

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
What was the teaser about?

Edit:

dyergram said:
Just got out the shower and was greeted by this lovely.
IMG_0372.jpg

Top left : Killzone 3
Top Right : Bulletstorm
Bottom Left : Crysis 2
Bottom Right : Bodycount

Got mine this morning, was just about to do a new thread for it :D

LBP2 getting a 9 is good news, but unsurprising. Can't wait for it!

I was sorta worried about Dead Space 2, however, so that getting a 9 is a great surprise. :D

Empty

first western review of ninokuni? nice score.

might have to pick this up for the making of's and time extend as they are very juicy this month.

Cardon

Chauncy Talon said:
Is that suppose to be the new Time Splitters?

No not really. A few key ex-Criterion members worked on Bodycount and the game has been likened to Black as far as the amount of destruction is concerned. Bodycount has reportedly had some issues as of late (Stuart Black, the Director on the project left before the game was complete) so it could be a bit hit or miss once it finally drops. Personally I'm still interested in the game as it could be something different in the fps genre as far as presentation and plot is concerned.

ResidentDante said:
Little Big Planet 2 I presume?

Yes..

My hastily quoted post was turned into a new thread by a mod, I hope it doesn't mean I'm responsible for keeping it updated now.

credit to angel, who is probably the same person/cat as dyergram!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
woodsey1982 said:
Am I able to post a pic of next months teaser?
Yes.

Teaser pages, covers, table of contents, and advertisements are all permissible, as they're all essentially advertisements for the contents of the magazine.

Just checked, an my Zinio copy is not available yet... DAMN YOU DIGITAL :/

...I guess digital wont go live til official release date (18th).

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
surprised and encouraged by the DS2 score.

CiSTM

Banned
making of: the last express
:O

I love Edge's making of articles and this one seems to be one that I can't miss.

CiSTM

Banned
_dementia said:
Is this the lowest mainstream score for 999?

also, nice work Dead Space 2

I don't think so, not sure tho. But you have to remember that edge rates from 1 to 10 so 6 isnt't that bad of a score.

scitek

Cardon said:
No not really. A few key ex-Criterion members worked on Bodycount and the game has been likened to Black as far as the amount of destruction is concerned. Bodycount has reportedly had some issues as of late (Stuart Black, the Director on the project left before the game was complete) so it could be a bit hit or miss once it finally drops. Personally I'm still interested in the game as it could be something different in the fps genre as far as presentation and plot is concerned.
:lol Oh man, that game's going to be a disaster.

Keyser Soze said:
Just checked, an my Zinio copy is not available yet... DAMN YOU DIGITAL :/

...I guess digital wont go live til official release date (18th).

Edge is on Zinio now? Goddam, £25 a year? Take my money!

heliconsoul said:
Edge is on Zinio now? Goddam, £25 a year? Take my money!

Their first issue on Zinio was the January Uncharted 3 mag. That was my first digital mag for me, and I was impressed (read on iPad). I guess I am a bit miffed that I am not getting my copy the same day are regular subscribers (I am subscriber too dammit!!)... I can see why they probably have to wait til the magazine hits stores though :/

Korigama

hipgnosis said:
999: nine hours, nine persons, nine doors: 6

What the hell?!

I'd be more surprised, but then I consider whose opinion it is and realize it isn't worth the outrage.
The fact that they scored the likes of Heavy Rain of all things higher does nothing to change that perception.

Top Bottom