• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle |OT| It is okay to have a man-crush on Nathan Fillion

sscrew

Yeah that episode was all kinds of awesome. I was hoping Beckett would make some comment to the assassin about getting his ass kicked by a writer.

Wowza, that was a great episode. Easily the best one this season and probably one of my favorites overall.

I'm happy they didn't choose to go with some stupid government conspiracy to kill Beckett's mother, that has been done too many times.

What I really dug about this episode, and I dunno if anyone else noticed this, but Castle for the first time, felt like he was acting like a cop, and not just a writer tagging along with the cops. Maybe it was just me, but I really liked that.

schuey7

This was my favourite episode of the season.For the first time the show felt like there was some real tension and it was not all fun and games.Anyway I hope we get more great episodes like this one.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Agreed with everyone else, Amazing episode for the series. It was nice to see a more serious side to all the characters, with castle even essentially admitting that he still hangs around because of Beckett even if he can't tell her. The pash :D

I really hope they continue to bring up Becketts mum as a side story.

Oh i also noticed that the captain has a picture of Obama on his desk haha

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This show has a great cast... everyone that gets regular screen time is interesting.

Love this show.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Castle's mom is right though... he has a family to think about. He basically runs around with Beckett in this ep and almost gets himself killed because he has the hots for her. What about his daughter? :/

Still a very good episode, though. The writers have extended and widened the story of Beckett's mom in an organic and non-silly way, which is very hard to do.

Spike

Jay Shadow said:
I assume they'll keep bringing it up around this time every year they're still on the air.

Not really, I can only see it happening for one more episode. There really only is one more person behind her mom`s murder, and that will most likely be the person at the top.

I liked the fact that this was the episode that was foreshadowed when that medium told Beckett she would be saved earlier in the season.

GDJustin said:
Castle's mom is right though... he has a family to think about. He basically runs around with Beckett in this ep and almost gets himself killed because he has the hots for her. What about his daughter? :/

Still a very good episode, though. The writers have extended and widened the story of Beckett's mom in an organic and non-silly way, which is very hard to do.

I wonder when they are going to revisit the plot from earlier this season, where the killer got away and left Castle tied up. I could see him going after Castle`s family seeing that Martha foreshadows something happening to him in this episode.

This is a great show.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
GDJustin said:
I hope they concentrate on this a bit more this season.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Spike said:
I liked the fact that this was the episode that was foreshadowed when that medium told Beckett she would be saved earlier in the season.

Do you think this was the episode? I can see how it looks like it but i thought there would have been more danger towards beckett involved. She could have died but it didn't seem like she knew that so i'm expecting something more heroic from castle.

evlcookie said:
Do you think this was the episode? I can see how it looks like it but i thought there would have been more danger towards beckett involved. She could have died but it didn't seem like she knew that so i'm expecting something more heroic from castle.

Castle takes a bullet for Beckett in the season finale confirmed.

Somnia

Net_Wrecker said:
Castle takes a bullet for Beckett in the season finale confirmed.

That would also tie into the talk between his mom and him to start Season 4 with him backing away from the job due to the danger, but thatd be a little too much like the start of this season with him away and Beckett going nuts without him there.

Good episode this week that took a jump in quality after the club scene. (which was great)

Also, watching this on my DVR and not constantly looking at the time after every commercial break improves the show so much. I actually thought it was the Butler since I had no idea that there was like 10 minutes left.

Noshino

Beckett :C

Net_Wrecker said:
Good episode this week that took a jump in quality after the club scene. (which was great)

Also, watching this on my DVR and not constantly looking at the time after every commercial break improves the show so much. I actually thought it was the Butler since I had no idea that there was like 10 minutes left.

Nah, you could tell from the first scene... I don't recall the killer ever been on the first shot

Noshino said:
Nah, you could tell from the first scene... I don't recall the killer ever been on the first shot

No I mean after they went back to him towards the end. I didn't know there was still ~10 minutes in the episode, and it felt like they were closing in.

IDK, maybe it was just me wanting it to be the Butler for lulz

Noshino

Net_Wrecker said:
No I mean after they went back to him towards the end. I didn't know there was still ~10 minutes in the episode, and it felt like they were closing in.

IDK, maybe it was just me wanting it to be the Butler for lulz

Oh me too! Whenever I play Clue I always blame the butler first!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Beckett in that club. Hoollyy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Good episode. I don't know if i'm now a shipper in wanting them to hurry up and get it on or if i'm still enjoying the back and forth.

Finally caught up on the last two weeks and last night's episode. Very solid and lots of fun. I do love that they all secretly know about Esposito though.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Heh, I went to the same college and was in the same fraternity as the guy who played the killer!

GDJustin

Club scene was oh wow. But overall I didn't dig this week's episode very much. Beckett and Castle kept ignoring big evidence and clues until the very end of the episode when it would come back up.

They were chasing down Oz the drug dealer saying he did it, even though the victim said he needed a gun to protect himself "from his past." There were several moments of this kind of selective blindness.

I did like the actor that ended up being the killer, though. Played a great creepy scumbag. Often the actors on Castle they hire for the scumbags roles are waaaay over the top. But this guy was good.

I'm thinking the endgame of this season involves the evil genius who got away, kidnapping Alexis. This causes Castle to somehow get in trouble himself (possibly saving Alexis in the process), and then it's up to Beckett to rescue him.

During the course of that investigation, she confronts the feelings she has for him while he's in danger, and when he finally gets rescued, they have an emotional reunion and are finally open with each other about how they feel.

Possible end-of-season cliffhanger at any point during that plot.

Calling it now!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Could be possibly but I think they want to try and stretch the romance out as long as they can.

Poor castle in this weeks, friend ends up being an asshat. I did want the ending to be a little different, it would have been nice to see castle go off on his own without Beckett joining him. Don't know why but it would have felt more fitting.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Castles: "So it really was the Butler" comment was awesome.

The club scene with Castle just staring at her was great.

More people need to watch this show.

GDJustin

Sorta silly this week:

- Super-advanced security system that logs door and window openings doesn't come up until the final minutes. This would have been the first words uttered at the crime scene any other week.

- The murderer hired a company car to take her to and from the crime scene. This one is slightly less derp-worthy since it wasn't pre-meditated murder... but still!

Wow. Great episode, and the "Case of the Week" nature of the series makes these multi part eps so unexpected.

Also "Serenity" as a resort name? Good stuff.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Yea this weeks was awesome, I'm glad it's a multiple episodes arc, although i think they did something similar around the same time last season.

This could get interesting. Does anyone else feel that there might be an admission from either beckett or castle about how they feel? Seems like castle is just waiting for the chance.

evlcookie said:
Yea this weeks was awesome, I'm glad it's a multiple episodes arc, although i think they did something similar around the same time last season.

This could get interesting. Does anyone else feel that there might be an admission from either beckett or castle about how they feel? Seems like castle is just waiting for the chance.

I'm pretty sure he was about to say it when the radiation tech came and got them. Great ep. Antsy for the next episode.

evlcookie said:

It's Sweeps Month! Of course they did it about the same time last season! (It was the Dana Delaney two-parter where she was an FBI agent hunting a serial killer or something.)

Good to see Adrian Pasdar again after I unceremoniously dropped Heroes. I love the Castle-Beckett dynamic, and I always love multi-episode arcs on an episodic show. It raises the stakes a little bit, even though the next episode previews always ruin the cliffhanger.

Very solid episode, and cannot wait for part 2. It is nice once in a while to get a really intense, high stakes episode out of the series. Especially since I usually watch it for the comedy aspects.

Not a regular watcher, but it was this or H-50 on my antenna TV. Was a very good episode. Kept wondering why the female detective didn't shoot out the tires of the truck before going into the storage trailer. I kept saying out loud, "Shoot the tires. Shoot the tires."

Dr. Pangloss said:
Not a regular watcher, but it was this or H-50 on my antenna TV. Was a very good episode. Kept wondering why the female detective didn't shoot out the tires of the truck before going into the storage trailer. I kept saying out loud, "Shoot the tires. Shoot the tires."
Or while they were under fire or once they saw the bomb, why didnt one of them call backup or give their position? Because then it wouldnt be much of a cliffhanger would it?

Noshino

Dr. Pangloss said:

Shooting the tires its a big no no, you don't want to move the bomb, specially not a dirty bomb of that size.

PhoncipleBone said:
Or while they were under fire or once they saw the bomb, why didnt one of them call backup or give their position? Because then it wouldnt be much of a cliffhanger would it?

Uh, she does call, but as soon as she puts the phone to her ear the shooting began.

the whole scene, from the part were they see the bomb up to the part where they go inside the container, it was less than a minute. While inside a container, chances of phone signal are abysmal, specially if you have at&t (unless his iphone is unlocked)

Although I do agree that know and then they do unusual things for the purpose of creating cliffhangers, this wasn't one of those.

GDJustin

Very nice episode this week. Loved the sly Firefly reference.

Undoubtedly the highest stakes of any Castle episode to date. Although this can turn into a negative and not a positive rather quickly, as future seasons might feel the need to top what has come before.

Spike

evlcookie said:

They did. It was a two parter with Dana Delany guest-starring.

They need to address it this season. The time is right. I hope the writers are smart enough not to use their relationship as the main plot device for the entire run of the show.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Spike said:
They need to address it this season. The time is right. I hope the writers are smart enough not to use their relationship as the main plot device for the entire run of the show.

I think the writers have done a good enough job so far in making the relationship, will they won't they not the main plot for the show. It certainly is apart of the show but it isn't the driving force behind it all.

Once it hits a bones like setup then it could be officially going downhill.

Noshino

Fun episode, I liked the iphone antenna joke...lol

Throughout the episode I was hoping for the time that Beckett would just go ahead and tell him that she likes him (and apparently so did Castle), sucks for him, specially the last shot were he just doesn't want to look up :C

As we were watching, I told my wife "if it's going to blow anyways, just yank all the wires. Fuck it."

Sure enough, he did it. It was his expression after that was great.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
That's what i was thinking as well PhoncipleBone.

Good ep, I enjoyed that arc. I thought Beckett just about told him how much she loved him right before she got all frozen.

Also, GTFO JOSH!

Zomba13

PhoncipleBone said:
As we were watching, I told my wife "if it's going to blow anyways, just yank all the wires. Fuck it."

Sure enough, he did it. It was his expression after that was great.
I was thinking that too.
We need a gif of Castle's expression afterwards.

Top Bottom