• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Handy reference chart for your Nicolas Cage film needs

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
sRViw.jpg

Timber

Leaving Las Vegas is probably the worst movie ever made.

Unfathomable how a person can think Adaptation is less serious than Wild at Heart and Raising Arizona.

Nic Cage chart makers need to step up their game. This is important stuff.

Zeliard

Timber said:
Leaving Las Vegas is probably the worst movie ever made.

Unfathomable how a person can think Adaptation is less serious than Wild at Heart and Raising Arizona.

Nic Cage chart makers need to step up their game. This is important stuff.

I assume Adaption is in the mental/brilliant quadrant because it has Cage playing two people and often interacting with "himself."

Been quite a few years since I've seen that flick.

Commodore_Perry said:
What about Bad Lieutenant?

It's next to Adaptation.

Timber

Zeliard said:
I assume Adaption is in the mental/brilliant quadrant because it has Cage playing two people and often interacting with "himself."
True, but it's ultimately a fairly serious movie.

I guess the problem is that mental and serious aren't at all each other's polar opposites.

I'm enjoying this Nic Cage chart discussion, folks.

Chojin

Valley Girl is actually my favorite Cage movie =\

No scratch that, Raising Arizona. But Valley Girl is a close second.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
This needs to be bigger and in higher res so I can use it as my desktop background.

VALIS

Timber said:

First thing that stuck out to me, too. Wild At Heart and Raising Arizona Cage are far more mental than the neurotic wallflower he played in Adaptation.

Zeliard

Timber said:
True, but it's ultimately a fairly serious movie.

I guess the problem is that mental and serious aren't at all each other's polar opposites.

True.

Timber said:
I'm enjoying this Nic Cage chart discussion, folks.

:D

Charts are very handy. Just ask Michele Bachmann.

_Bro

Banned
The ratings of his movies aren't based on general movie consensus, it's based on Nicholas Cage. Just imagine his face in the middle and it makes more sense.

Suairyu

Banned
I agree with everything except putting the first National Treasure below the average line and into rubbish. That film was high-end, b-movie fun.

But props for having Adaptation at the very top.

Azih

Ok we can disagree about the Brilliant/Rubish axis, but is there any argument about the Serious/Mental line?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I enjoyed Knowing. It was alike watching a B-Movie with a great budget. Not knowing anything about it before seeing it made the twist pretty enjoyable.

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
I'm watching The Bad Lieutenant right now on Netflix. Cage is great so far, Val needs more screen time, and Eva Mendez needs to shutup and get nekkid. Also, what's the deal with the random reptile cam? The iguana sequence had me cracking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom