• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Andrew Garfield is "The Amazing Spider-Man" (official title)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetBlackPanda

Gold Member
I still can't stand the web shooters, the circular holes just looks so lame.

then again I have always been a fan of the organic web shooter's

I preferred the web coming out organically because that way it can't be used as a cheap tactic to build suspense. I can already see it, he is in a heated action scene, starts slinging but nothing is coming out, whoops ran out! How will he get out of that sticky situation.

-Pyromaniac- said:
I preferred the web coming out organically because that way it can't be used as a cheap tactic to build suspense. I can already see it, he is in a heated action scene, starts slinging but nothing is coming out, whoops ran out! How will he get out of that sticky situation.

Didn't they do this anyways in Spider-Man 2?

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
dream said:
I want to think this will suck but dude made (500) Days of Summer so I'm expecting it to be the best of the 4 Spiderman movies.

If it's anything like 500 days of summer, spiderman will spend the entire movie being a pathetic little emo bitch obsessed over a self absorbed twat and in the end I will be wishing they both die in a fire.

I don't have high hopes for this one.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
-Pyromaniac- said:

Webshooters emphasize Parker's genius level, which was barely touched upon in Raimi's trilogy.

WinFonda

Suit looks, uh, amazing.

And yeah, it's inevitable that his shooters malfunction during a fight. But it's the "how he gets out of it" that makes it interesting.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
siddx said:
If it's anything like 500 days of summer, spiderman will spend the entire movie being a pathetic little emo bitch obsessed over a self absorbed twat and in the end I will be wishing they both die in a fire.

I don't have high hopes for this one.
So, it can't be worse than Spider-Man 3 then.

Salaadin

DoctorWho said:
Didn't they do this anyways in Spider-Man 2?

They did but that was because Peter Parker no longer wanted to be Spidey so his brain told his body to stop making web...even when he was hundreds of feet in the air.

I prefer the mechanical shooter "Oh shit, Im all out!" excuse.

Discotheque said:
Lol that's the total opposite of my opinion. I'm loving the cast but it's because the director made 500 days that I'm doubting this film. Not only is that film average as fuck but how do we know that guy can pull of Spiderman?

Possibly better than 3, but that's about it.

Man you are so wrong on so many things lately!

siddx said:

and then temper trap plays

dream

Fuck off (500) Days of Summer haters. I hope this movie has a musical number. I mean there's already precedent for that.

JimiNutz

Banned
polyh3dron said:
and then the appearance of Minka Kelly at the end makes it all worthwhile.

Yes, her appearance at the end was the best part...
And I didn't even thing 500 Days was that bad...but damn she is fine.

As for Spider-Man, like the name, not sure on the costume.
I don't really like the eyes or mechanical shooters.
Still hoping this will be good though :)

SephCast said:
Webshooters emphasize Parker's genius level, which was barely touched upon in Raimi's trilogy.
A genius who makes the most amazing glue ever, in seemingly-inexhaustible supply, along with miniature sprayers which can shoot hundreds of feet with pinpoint accuracy? Yet he works as a photographer for a complete shit-head for $20 a photo? Put me in the organic camp.

adamsappel said:
A genius who makes the most amazing glue ever, in seemingly-inexhaustible supply, along with miniature sprayers which can shoot hundreds of feet with pinpoint accuracy? Yet he works as a photographer for a complete shit-head for $20 a photo? Put me in the organic camp.

How does he shot web through the suit?

adamsappel said:

Peter Parker's never been street-smart. That's kinda the point.

Tokubetsu said:
Gonna pass final judgement when I see it in motion but as of right now, still fucking hate the suit.

Yea, the picture obscures most of the shitty elements of this redesign, which is why I think the reaction is more positive.

Good title and good Gwen Stacy, but I do not dig the new suit, like, at all; the guy who made the insufferable 500 Days of Summer directing doesn't bolster my confidence, either, but I'm willing to give him a chance.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Awesome name choice :)

I can't really hate on this yet. I'm diggin' the suit, the actor and the title. Give me a trailer sometime in April/May and I'm sold.

soyboy

Suit looks amazing and I'm looking forward to this.

I have my doubts about Garfield and the direction the franchise is taking but I'm a fucking fan-boy so they already have my money.

Discotheque said:
O_O

people still don't like this guy? Have they seen Social Network yet.

He's a good actor but I don't find him as likable as a Peter Parker should be. Then again I didn't really like Tobey Maguire, either...

mrkgoo

V_Ben said:
I couldn't see it in the thread;

V728g.jpg

Loving it.

That looks awesome.

AVclub

So if this is going to have web shooters, does that mean we have to sit through yet another origin story?

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
AVclub said:
So if this is going to have web shooters, does that mean we have to sit through yet another origin story?

It'll probably just be a quick montage early on. I can see it with Parker narrating in the background, "I'm sure you all know my story by now, I got bit by a Spider, blablabla".

B.K.

AVclub said:

If the leaked treatment is real, then no. He's already Spider-Man when the movie begins.

New suit is sexy. Lizard is going to be in this correct? If they give a rundown of his origin like the first episode of Spectacular Spider-Man ("my first summer as Spider-Man is over, and gee whiz, isn't this great!") it would be more than enough for me and I imagine, most of the audience.

Solo

reilo said:
Why do you say that?

Raimi wanted Lizard, Sony said no....Lizard is in TAS-M. Raimi wanted Spider-Man 2 to be called The Amazing Spider-Man, Sony said no.....S-M 2012 is now called TAS-M.

Platy

I'm a mix of "AWESOME !" and "... they didn't showed the feet ... PLEASE GOD that metal stuff was only for stunt doubles =x"

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Solo said:
Raimi wanted Lizard, Sony said no....Lizard is in TAS-M. Raimi wanted Spider-Man 2 to be called The Amazing Spider-Man, Sony said no.....S-M 2012 is now called TAS-M.

Then he made Spiderman 3....Fuck him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom